OFFICIAL: UK Meet - 27th October 2007 - Manchester
Oct 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #241 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save your money, Ill be selling some of my stuff after the meet, so if you like them you could go away with them...

Hmm, interesting...I'll hang on to the few pennies I have for now then...
I'd also love to try a pair of JVC/Victor DX1000's, so it's a shame you don't have a pair anymore.

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #243 of 326
Guys... In that £105.19, I forgot about the Tea and Coffee...

After speaking with my contact at the venue this morning, it seems that:

A: The £2.50 per person gives you one cup of tea/coffee
frown.gif

B: We aren't allowed to buy any food externally and bring it on site.

C: They do sandwiches for £5.50 + VAT each.

D: We can lock the room behind us and go out for lunch.

Bah!

I've told him to hold on for the confirmation of tea/coffee as I thought that was a bit steep!

I've asked that they try to provide power to the tables, and he's looking into this with the facilities guy so that we don't have to drag long extension cables around ourself (we will need 4-Gangs though).

I say we go out for lunch and don't bother with the tea/coffee... But I know some of you won't want to leave your kit behind (even in a locked room).

Suggestions?

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #244 of 326
That's ridiculous for tea and ridiculous for sandwiches, unless they are going to give us venison, brie and cranberry sarnies. I'll be bringing food down for myself, but I'll keep it stealth in my room/car.

I often go without lunch anyway so for me its not a biggie for me. There's bound to be some sort of eatery/coffeeshop nearby no?

Oct 17, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #245 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys... In that £105.19, I forgot about the Tea and Coffee...

After speaking with my contact at the venue this morning, it seems that:

A: The £2.50 per person gives you one cup of tea/coffee
frown.gif

B: We aren't allowed to buy any food externally and bring it on site.

C: They do sandwiches for £5.50 + VAT each.

D: We can lock the room behind us and go out for lunch.

Bah!

I've told him to hold on for the confirmation of tea/coffee as I thought that was a bit steep!

I've asked that they try to provide power to the tables, and he's looking into this with the facilities guy so that we don't have to drag long extension cables around ourself (we will need 4-Gangs though).

I say we go out for lunch and don't bother with the tea/coffee... But I know some of you won't want to leave your kit behind (even in a locked room).

Suggestions?

A. I also think that £2.50 (+VAT?!) for T/coffee is a bit steep, especially considering I don't drink it! Does the room come with a water dispenser?

B. I hardly think they can enforce that rule (I know a guy who carried a crate of beer through event security in a toolkit. Twice!), although given that they could charge you for making a potential mess, I think this should be your call.

C. Again, a bit steep (+VAT), but like you say, some people may not want to leave their gear unattended. Having said that, my insurance policy covers my gear outside my home, so maybe others have a similar policy?

D. Good.

They should be able to provide power to the tables (I worked as a conference support assistant for a short time, though not in Manchester), although they may try and charge extra for the priveledge. If so, I can probably get hold of a load of mains extensions/4-ways instead.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #246 of 326
Is anyone else really starting to get excited?

Re(again): the money surplus.

I'd rather have the cash, if anythign I can then spend it on beer on the night.

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #247 of 326
Quote:

Re(again): the money surplus.

I'd rather have the cash, if anythign I can then spend it on beer on the night.

Here Here...

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #248 of 326
Fair enough...

I'll bring lots of pound coins and fivers... The 19 pences can go to charity or something.

There is a water dispenser in the room.

Feel free to bring sandwiches with you (consealed!), that's what I'm going to do... We'll just have to make sure we tidy up after ourselves!

I agree, we could probably conseal all sorts, but trying to bring 17 pizzas in would probably be a bit obvious!

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #249 of 326
Quote:

I agree, we could probably conseal all sorts, but trying to bring 17 pizzas in would probably be a bit obvious!

We could be harsh and pretend a few people are a bit 'Special' then if they complain get those nominated to act up a bit. A little harsh but could work with the pizzas
icon10.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #250 of 326
Will a pair of HP-2s or PS-1s be coming? I'm assuming that the gear list is incomplete or inaccurate. My part is.

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #251 of 326
Quote:

I'll bring lots of pound coins and fivers... The 19 pences can go to charity or something.

I'm tempted to say give the pound coins to charity/Headfi/next UK meet fund as well.

Quote:

There is a water dispenser in the room.

Cool.

Quote:

Feel free to bring sandwiches with you (consealed!), that's what I'm going to do... We'll just have to make sure we tidy up after ourselves!

Will anybody be eating out then? Not sure I can be bothered bringing sandwiches, and the thought of pizza is tempting...

Quote:

*puts hand up*

Me! Me! Pick me!
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We could be harsh and pretend a few people are a bit 'Special' then if they complain get those nominated to act up a bit. A little harsh but could work with the pizzas
icon10.gif

We're all "special"
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Will a pair of HP-2s or PS-1s be coming? I'm assuming that the gear list is incomplete or inaccurate. My part is.

I think mine is accurate. At the moment anyway...

[Hint]I'd love to try a pair of JVC DX1000's and/or Denon AH D5000's (yes, I have been reading Skylab's signature!
wink.gif
)[/Hint]

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #252 of 326
Hmm.. in that case we can probably nip out for lunch, leaving MrJoshua to guard our stuff. (I kid..)

2.50 for tea is extortion; I'll vote for not paying for that.We can always sneak drinks in and there's that water dispenser that we can abuse. I think the best thing is to sneak sandwiches in or to go out in turn for lunch. There are a few places we can get sandwiches nearby and I'll probably be going out for lunch.

Anyone fancy a curry for dinner?
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #253 of 326
X2 for curry
cool.gif

Agree that tea/coffee is a waste of money and happy to get a sarnie for lunch. Although the room can be locked might be best if we don't all go out at the same time....just for peace of mind.

Cheers.

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #254 of 326
I'm happy to nip out for tea/coffee and a bite to eat. While I think of it, who'll be around at the hotel on the Friday evening, maybe we can get together for a drink before the meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back