OFFICIAL: UK Meet - 27th October 2007 - Manchester
Oct 15, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #226 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadesbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll keep you company.
wink.gif

I was gutted when they stopped selling the dark chocolate hobnobs!
mad.gif
I'm now torn between buying milk chocolate hobnobs or dark chocolate digestives. Both are sub-par when compared with the almighty dark chocolate hobnob. But I digress...

Orange chocolate digestives ftw
cool.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #229 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone please confirm if you can just turn up on the day and pay.

I asked the same question in an earlier post but didn't get a reply.

Thanks.

Don't see why not...

But sent a PM to Joshua, he's the gatekeeper for the event....

J

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #230 of 326
I suppose it's ok to pay then, but I suppose the payment in advance thing was so that Joshua won't have to pay out of his own pocket if there are no-shows.

The initial amount (per person) was worked out when there were only a handful of people who said they could make it. Since then, the numbers have risen so there will inevitably be "left overs". Anyway, that's pure speculation. Joshua should give us an update on the money situation. He also has to tell the venue today how many people will be coming. I'm sure it's just a rough idea for the venue and not an exact figure. As long as 20 doesn't turn into 200, it should be fine
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #231 of 326
So how would people feel if I was able to bring a pair of Denon AH-5000 and a Cyrus CD8 X to the meet?
600smile.gif

J

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #232 of 326
Sorry, I missed your post Anadin.

I've reported back to the venue that there'll be 17 attending on the day (10am today was the deadline to give final numbers).

I don't see why we can't add another person though... If you're definitely coming, let me know and I'll add you to the list. I was a bit wary about letting people turn up on the day, as the majority will have paid quite a lot in advance to enable the event to happen at this venue. Unless anyone has anything to say about this though, I'm happy for more people to attend.

Milkpowder:
We currently have £105.24 surplus. I had planned to bring this in cash to the event to either split between everyone who's paid (£6.19 each) or just use it to buy pizza etc at lunchtime.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #233 of 326
In the spirit of things, sponsoring the food/drinks of the event would be a nicer way to go about it, IMO....

And as far as I'm concerned the more the merrier, alas, the figure this meet can be used for sponsering the next one
smily_headphones1.gif

J

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #234 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the spirit of things, sponsoring the food/drinks of the event would be a nicer way to go about it, IMO....

I agree. Joshua, do whatever would be the easiest for you. Carrying 100+ in easily distributed denominations would be rather cumbersome. Also, getting 6 quid 19 in cash would then lead to having to think about how to spend the 19p
wink.gif

Quote:

And as far as I'm concerned the more the merrier, alas, the figure this meet can be used for sponsering the next one
smily_headphones1.gif

J

Good idea! You're on a roll today
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #235 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I missed your post Anadin.

I've reported back to the venue that there'll be 17 attending on the day (10am today was the deadline to give final numbers).

Milkpowder:
We currently have £105.24 surplus. I had planned to bring this in cash to the event to either split between everyone who's paid (£6.19 each) or just use it to buy pizza etc at lunchtime.

Stupid idea........... Pole dancer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treats for the eyes as well as the ears at the meet
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #237 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by adfinni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid idea........... Pole dancer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treats for the eyes as well as the ears at the meet
biggrin.gif

Dude, if I want to see that kinda of stuff I'll just stay home.....Food's better, at least you can "touch"
biggrin.gif

J

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #239 of 326
Or we could all chip in a bit more and buy the Darth Boobies.
basshead.gif

I'm so tempted to buy those, but I just can't justify the expense right now.
frown.gif
If only I were £105.24 richer, maybe I could afford them in time for the meet...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #240 of 326
Save your money, Ill be selling some of my stuff after the meet, so if you like them you could go away with them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back