OFFICIAL: UK Meet - 27th October 2007 - Manchester
Sep 14, 2007 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 326

MrJoshua

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All

This is a new thread to discuss the UK Meet in Manchester on Saturday 27th October 2007.

(old thread here)

Weston Room 2
http://www.conference.manchester.ac....s/westonroom2/

Time:
09:00 to 17:00

Cost:
Currently £23.48 per person including Tea/Coffee/Cold Water and Biscuits
(£24.50 via Paypal)
Payment Due on Monday 17th September 2007.

Members Attending (and Equipment List):

MrJoshua Paid
Sources:
Yamaha CDP
Apple Macbook with Edirol UA-1X USB
Apple iPhone
Apple iPod Nano 2g
Maplins RCA Switch Box

Amps:
Meier Corda HA-1 MKII
T&D Dreamwork XTRA X-1
Graham Slee Solo (Green)
Graham Slee Portable Amp

Headphones:
Grado SR-325i
Yamaha Orthodynamic HP-3
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro

Accessories/Cables:
Qables Copper LOD
Various 3.5mm to 3.5mm/RCA
Various RCA to RCA
4/6/8 Gang Power Strips

subfocus Paid by Bank Transfer
Sennheiser HD650
Beyerdynamic Dt990
Xin SuperMacro IV
E-MU USB0404
FutureSonics AtrioM5
ipod 5.5g 80 gig

Duggeh Paid
Goldring DR150
Jecklin Float Model 2
Jecklin Float PS2 Electrostatic
Precide Ergo AMT
Sennheiser HD280 Pro
Sennheiser Surrounder
STAX SR-007 ?2
TakeT H2
-
STAX SRM-717
ARIA P14
Ergo Filter Switch
TakeT TR-2
Jecklin PS2 Energiser
NAD C352 (Maybe)
-
iPod Photo
Arcam Alpha 7 (Maybe)
PC (SB Audigy 2 ZS) [Maybe]

Shambla Paid
HD-600
Corda Aria
Stello DA100 or a Woo Audio WA6

Jules650 Paid
AKG k701
Shure e4g

Heed Canamp
Headamp GS-1

Squeezebox v3
Stello DA100
Echo Indigo DJ
iPod 4G

RCAs: Chord Cobra, Grover S and BJC LC-1
Ixos coslink and coax cables
Radioshack SPL meter
Soldering iron
Extension cables x2

Nuwidol Paid
iMod
alo super cotton dock
rsa tomahawk
shure se530
ety er-6i.

DJShadow Paid
Sony MDR-SA5000 with HD 650 cable
Sennheiser HD 595 (currently held together with sellotape lol)
AKG K601
Shure E4
HeadAmp Gilmore Lite
Sony NW-HD3
NAD C542 (only if I get a lift)

adfinni Paid
Grado HF-1
Re-screened / re-drivered / re-butchered sr-60's
KSC-75s
Boutique Millett Hybrid
Boutique Millett MAX (if built)
Boutique switchbox (if built)
Bosh Bosh modded Marantz cd-63 (if coming up via car)

Bizzel Paid
HD-595

JohnerH Paid
Cans: Sennheiser HD-650
AMP: Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 + X-10 v3
Cables: Cord Company - Crimson - Interconnect RCA
Sources:
Onkyo CR-515DAB
Cowon Iaudio M3L
Dell Laptop C640

Progenitor Paid by Bank Transfer
Sennheiser HD650
Grado RS2
Audio Technica A900
Zhaolu 2.5A with discrete headamp, blackgate and LM4852
Headamp GS-1
Cowon A2

Hawkhead Paid
Corda Arietta
Rotel RCD-965BX
Grado SR60 SR80 SR 325i RS-1

Harj Tentative
GS1000's
Ra1
green solo 2008
glimore lite/dps
total bithead
sony walkman mp3

Fing Paid
Headphones:
Sony MDR-R10
ATH-L3000
AKG K1000
Darth Beyer V3
Koss KSC-75
Maybe some Grado SR-125's.
Etymotic ER6i

Amps:
AT-DHA3000
Yamamoto HA-02
Doge 6210

Source:
PC with EMU-1212m
Possibly Wavelength Crimson

shadesbass Paid
RSA M Hornet
Shure e500's
2005 edition DT990's (32 ohm)
iRiver H120
Meridian G08 24-bit upsampling CD player

piotr z Paid
w5000
ktx pro 1
maxxed out WA 4
borbely hybrid amp
pioneer pd9700
MHZS cd88

milkpowder Paid
Cambridge Audio 740c
Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MkII
Stax SRM-006t Mk1
Sennheiser HE60
5.5G 80GB iPod
ACS T2

MarkeyMark Paid
Benchmark DAC1
AKG K701 with ALO mods
Ety ER4P/S
Stefan Audioart Equiniox 10ft cable (for Senns)
VDH and/or Townshend I/C's
Some CD's

senny-ftw Paid
HD650 with Zu Mobius
Corda MOVE
Alessandro MS-1
Possibly:
Naim CD5 / Flatcap 2
Cyrus dAD7.5 top-loading CDP
HD600

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 326
I will be driving down unless the car dies or something, so I'm going to cover a lot of ground. (St.Andrews-Edinburgh-M6 and down I guess) It may be possible for me to pick up someone en route should they want to take gear that's not practical via the train. I'll have to come down on the Friday. Milkpowder can't make it so I've got a big car with room in it and noone to split petrol costs with.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 326
So what time does the meet start? And what time will it finish?

I've planned my rough train journey: I'll leave Leicester at 8:09 and arrive at Manchester Oxford Road at 11:32 then (assuming I'm going to stay the night) leave at 9:00 the Sunday morning after via Manchester Piccadilly station.

Can I be a cheeky sod (again) and ask if anyone can pick me up from the station please? All I've ever been to in Manchester is to Old Trafford
smily_headphones1.gif

And is it just 13 of us so far or are there more members who've yet to confirm?

Hope to see you guys there
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what time does the meet start? And what time will it finish?

I've planned my rough train journey: I'll leave Leicester at 8:09 and arrive at Manchester Oxford Road at 11:32 then (assuming I'm going to stay the night) leave at 9:00 the Sunday morning after via Manchester Piccadilly station.

Can I be a cheeky sod (again) and ask if anyone can pick me up from the station please? All I've ever been to in Manchester is to Old Trafford
smily_headphones1.gif

And is it just 13 of us so far or are there more members who've yet to confirm?

Hope to see you guys there
wink.gif

Oxford Road Station is walking distance from the meet venue. If you want I can meet you at the station. PM me your mobile number and let me know what time you're arriving.

Can everyone bring an extension cord with enough sockets to power their own gear? I don't mind bringing a few more as I am local but let me know in advance if this is necessary.

MrJoshua I'll also be bringing the following to the meet:
iPod 4G
Echo Indigo DJ
Radioshack SPL meter
Soldering iron

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 326
We've got the room from 09:00 to 17:00... I plan on getting there fairly early on to ensure everything is as it should be. I'll PM my mobile number to all confirmed attendees before the date.

At the moment, we've got 14 confirmed attendees.

I've got until the 19th to sign and post the contract, so I really need the money before this date. Obviously if more people sign up over the next couple of days, the price per person will decrease... But by the end of Sunday, I'll send a PM to everyone who has confirmed with an amount which I'll need paying on Monday or Tuesday next week to my Paypal account.

I don't know how everyone feels, but anyone confirming attendance after this date could maybe put some money towards getting some pizza or what-have-you for lunch.

I realise 20odd quid might be quite a sum for some people, but I hope the chance to listen to a good range of equipment and music will be worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 326
I'm not sure I'll be able to get you the money by then. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow some from the 'rents until I get paid. If not, the earliest I can pay is the first week of October. I can confirm I'll be bringing along HD-595s btw. PM me the amount I need to send and I'll see what I can do asap.

EDIT: Scratch that, paid.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 326
Awesome, so we definitely have a date then. Oh and MrJoshua so that you can add it to the list I will be bringing my HD-600s and my Corda Aria, plus anything else I buy between now and then (most likely either a Stello DA100 or a Woo Audio WA6).

Sep 15, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure I'll be able to get you the money by then. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow some from the 'rents until I get paid. If not, the earliest I can pay is the first week of October. I can confirm I'll be bringing along HD-595s btw. PM me the amount I need to send and I'll see what I can do asap.

Hi

Sorry about the short notice for payment, but I just need to cover myself as once I sign the contract, I'll be 100% liable for the cost of the room personally... This is to cover myself in case anyone drops out, as I'd either have to fund the difference myself, or ask others to contribute more.

Please see what you can do... If it's really not going to be possible, let me know by PM.

It's currently £23.48 plus paypal fees (or if you bank with First Direct or HSBC, then you could do an instant bank transfer).

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #9 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by jules650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oxford Road Station is walking distance from the meet venue. If you want I can meet you at the station. PM me your mobile number and let me know what time you're arriving.

Can everyone bring an extension cord with enough sockets to power their own gear? I don't mind bringing a few more as I am local but let me know in advance if this is necessary.

Cool thanks, I'll bring a power strip along too. Hmm who's going to blag some free tips from Shure?
etysmile.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #10 of 326
DrJuggles said he'd send up some tips that Shure sent him for a previous meet.

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #11 of 326
I'll be there first thing on the Saturday as well to help set up as I'll be down on the Friday night. Also if I'm not picking anyone else up I'll try and bring some more gear. Also if anyone has a fistfull of spare cables (RCA) or a speaker selection switch box it'd be useful for comparisons.

Sep 15, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #12 of 326
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be there first thing on the Saturday as well to help set up as I'll be down on the Friday night. Also if I'm not picking anyone else up I'll try and bring some more gear. Also if anyone has a fistfull of spare cables (RCA) or a speaker selection switch box it'd be useful for comparisons.

Iv got a few spare cables, plus im making x3 DIY silver 'venhaus' style IC's in the next month (hopefull if i ever order teh parts), and il bring my equipment switchbox too, itl probably have either x3 or x4 inputs/outputs.

Better get my card out and start ordering
biggrin.gif

im in london until monday, so il PM you joshua when i get back and sort out the funds. will also Pm people about lift arrangements too.

off out into clapham now for some birthday partying.... in a bit xxxxx

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #13 of 326
The conference centre is walking distance from my place, but I've decided to drive down with as much gear as I can. I'll be bringing at least 14 sockets worth of power extensions but it won't be enough for everyone so bring your own if you can.

MrJoshua I may be the only one who's local so if you need a hand with anything let me know.

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #14 of 326
Thanks Jules...

I'll bring some extensions and 4-gangs etc too...

Do you think it's worth me bringing my hot-rod T-Amp and some speakers for a little light background music, or would that interfere with people listening to the headphones?

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 326
The more gear the merrier. It doesnt have to be turned on if its a problem, might wanna take a break at some point anyway. I'll probably bring my DIY portable speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back