Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,921 of 2,001
Anyone tried the Bass? Drank it while I was in Northern Ireland but can't find it anywhere else to get :frowning2: Was simply amazing!

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #1,922 of 2,001
  Anyone tried the Bass? Drank it while I was in Northern Ireland but can't find it anywhere else to get :frowning2: Was simply amazing!

Bass Ale is readily available in the US.  Not so sure about Sweden though.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,924 of 2,001
Bass Ale is readily available in the US.  Not so sure about Sweden though.  

You lucker!!!! And no I cant find it anywhere here :///

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,925 of 2,001
  Avery Brewing Company - Out Of Bounds Stout

Now that the weather is a little cooler here in California, it's time to get some darker beers into the rotation. This one is new to me, but very enjoyable. Cheers!

I've been looking forward to drinking some stouts and porters as well.  Just starting to cool down a bit in the evenings where the mood is right for something dark.  

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,927 of 2,001

I saw it on the shelves in a corner in a HUGE department store here in Japan, along with Guiness (the actual Irish stuff, bottled). I was wondering about it. I don't actually drink, except the occasional Guiness for the B12 in it, but I do have something of an appreciation of it. Back in my home town there is a small pub that brews its own beer. Absolutely fantastic. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,928 of 2,001
  Yup, seasonal beers are beginning to hit the store shelves.

I always find it amusing when I see all the pumpkin beers hit shelves in the middle of summer.  However, that's just how the seasonal distribution ends up working out.  

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #1,933 of 2,001
I finally got a chance to take a trip to both the Dogfish Head brewery in Milton, Delaware and also the brewpub in Rehoboth Beach. It was very interesting to get a chance to visit, it is something I have wanted to do for quite a while now. The expansion at the brewery is pretty impressive and they are clearly pumping tons of money into their operation.

Unrelated, does anyone get the Esquire Channel? I actually don't but it seems many cable providers are providing their shows on demand. There is a show about the Brew Dog brewery that is pretty interesting. So far, I was only able to catch the first episode but it was definitely worth a watch for the beer snobs among us.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,934 of 2,001
  Unrelated, does anyone get the Esquire Channel? I actually don't but it seems many cable providers are providing their shows on demand. There is a show about the Brew Dog brewery that is pretty interesting. So far, I was only able to catch the first episode but it was definitely worth a watch for the beer snobs among us.

I downloaded two episodes last night. Pretty good show. Very much like Brew Masters with Sam Calagione from Dogfish Head Brewery on Discovery channel. Only instead of resurrecting old recipes the Brew Dog guys do a brew unique to a place (like San Diego or San Francisco). Worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #1,935 of 2,001

I'll have to check it out.  Saw a commercial for it when I was randomly watching TV while traveling for work but I've forgotten about it since.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back