Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Oct 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,936 of 2,001
  I always find it amusing when I see all the pumpkin beers hit shelves in the middle of summer.  However, that's just how the seasonal distribution ends up working out.  

Yup, just as it's funny to see Christmas ornaments and other Christmas decorations going up in stores at the beginning of September. Started to see bottles of Rogue Pumpkin Patch ale and Sam Adams Fat Jack double pumpkin on the shelves a few weeks back, Christmas brews should appear on shelves within the next few weeks.

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,938 of 2,001
  My favorite "session" beer.  Tons and tons of flavor, stellar nose, remarkable under 5% ABV.  Second fave is Stone Levitation.

Wait, is DayTime back on shelves again?  I will need to run out and get a couple of six packs if that is the case.

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #1,939 of 2,001
Just cracked a Magic Hat #9. Pretty lame. The label says "not quite a pale ale". Yeah well, to my palate it's miles away from a pale ale. This is lame fruity beer which I'm ashamed that I bought. Maybe a bourbon chaser will take cleanse my palate. Ugh....

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #1,942 of 2,001

Beer from the brewer Martin Townshend so fresh 5 of the 6 labels are hand printed with a ball point pen.
Awesome beers.

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,945 of 2,001
It's snowing big flakes here. Some person wrecked my car last week. I'm feeling bummed out and don't want to think about what to replace it with. What to do? Try a new liquor store. I decided before I went that if it has a whisky I've been looking for, I'm buying it even if it's overpriced.

Well, they didn't have Laphroaig 15 or an old version of Bruichladdich, but the night cashier said the owner stocks some German beers. I wasn't planning to buy beer tonight, but I liked the look of Jever Pilsener, which I'd never tried before.

This is the HD600 of beers. Clear and neutral. Maybe it's a little sweeter with very slightly more treble than HD600. I recommend it highly if you like smooth, clean lagers.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #1,946 of 2,001
I urge everyone at some point in their life to go to Belfast Maine and visit Three Tides.  If possible go in the August-October range.  ANY beer you get there will change your life I never had anything that came close to what they make up there.  My personal favorites are any variation of their Chaos Imperial Stouts. 

May 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #1,947 of 2,001
This thread needs a kick start.

Found this recently at Meijer, of all places...sorry about the crappy iPhone pic.

It's a 2014 vintage Bell's Black Note Stout!  I've got a Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Horse Plead-the-Fifth that I'm going to do a Pepsi challenge with sometime soon.  

May 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,949 of 2,001
Here's another personal favorite: Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA

May 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,950 of 2,001
...and a Pepsi challenge between Dark Horse Plead the Fifth and Bourbon Barrel Aged Plead the Fifth.  More study is needed.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back