Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #947 of 2,001
I went to a pelican concert in chicago this weekend and Three Floyds Brewery brewed a special beer for the concert b/c it was the 10th aniversery of the band. It's called "The Creeper"

Quote:
The Creeper – A ridiculously massive doppelbock brewed for Pelican’s 10 year anniversary concert and box set release.  There are no words to describe this beer.  9% 23IBU

I picked up 2 growlers on the way home. It is amazing. Heavy but not overpowering. Must be cold though. Lots of chocolate but not strong and a hint of coffee. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #949 of 2,001
Belgian Newspapers announced this morning that the worldfamous award winning beer from Westvleteren, will normally no longer only be sold at the monistary but it will be available at 1 supermarket chain as well. (Negociations are still going on actually)

They need the extra money to rebuild the monastary. good news for us!

Can't wait
normal_smile .gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #950 of 2,001
I´m not like a, beer guy, but If, I always take a Heineken for me
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #953 of 2,001

Quote:
That's their Palo Santo Marron, which they have a special aging tank made of Palo Santo wood from Peru.

I got this the last time I drank, about two weeks ago.  I was a bit worried that it would have a wine-y aftertaste due to its being 12%abv, but it didn't .  I had this with steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus.  It was a great meal.  
I'm a huge fan of dark beers.  Typically, If I can see though to the other side of the glass, I stay away.  

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #954 of 2,001
Just had myself a Harpoon Munich Dark.  I always like having a selection of beers I bought the good ol' Harpoon variety pack.  This is the first one I had tonight.  Nice malty chocolate flavor thats not too over powering.

Oct 31, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #958 of 2,001
Hefeweizen is the king of beers for me.

And Maisel's Original is number one, followed by Schofferhofer and Franziskaner.

I brewed my own version of Maisel's once and it turned out great.  Definitely doing it again.

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #959 of 2,001
I had a Heineken the other day... I don't know why.

Try the new Guinness yet?  The Foreign Extra?  No nitrous and more hops, and... 7.5%  It's not great, but not bad.   

I had a couple Stone Levitations after that to wash that black stuff out of my mouth.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back