Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Sep 18, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #467 of 1,494
I would like to share with you some things I haven't seen you guys commenting and I feel that should be addressed.
First of all, the performance of the WF-1000XM3 at lower volumes (say <30%) is awful. They sound boring, lack mids and power in general. However, when you turn the volume up, this changes. That being said, I do not believe these are the best TWS. For example, Galaxy Buds have an amazing response even though they lack this ¨soundstage¨ that we claim these have, and Jaybird Vista and Bose SoundSport are way ahead. But Sony´s marketing for these has been amazing.

In addition to this, ANC is great but it is comparable to the passive noise isolation Galaxy Buds have, for example.

Not to mention that the fit is horrible.

I really want to love them, but I don't think they are that good. Not to mention about changing my WH1000XM3 for this.

What do you guys think?

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #468 of 1,494
I would like to share with you some things I haven't seen you guys commenting and I feel that should be addressed.
First of all, the performance of the WF-1000XM3 at lower volumes (say <30%) is awful. They sound boring, lack mids and power in general. However, when you turn the volume up, this changes. That being said, I do not believe these are the best TWS. For example, Galaxy Buds have an amazing response even though they lack this ¨soundstage¨ that we claim these have, and Jaybird Vista and Bose SoundSport are way ahead. But Sony´s marketing for these has been amazing.

In addition to this, ANC is great but it is comparable to the passive noise isolation Galaxy Buds have, for example.

I really want to love them, but I don't think they are that good. Not to mention about changing my WH1000XM3 for this.

What do you guys think?

I like them. I have not tried any of the other tws you mention so can't compare. Am seriously considering selling my WH as they will get very little play time now.

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #470 of 1,494
Most people here agree they sound great and when most people here agree on anything something's wrong.
Haha
I’m saying that they do not max settings out until 40% volume (what do you guys think?) and that I rather choose one of the other options I have mentioned.
Maybe most of the people haven’t tried the others and thus are not able to compare , I don’t know

Sep 19, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #472 of 1,494
Anybody has an issue with the volume playing at 100% once it has connected to the phone? This issue keeps happening with my devices and has given me a shock quite a few times. Is it a fault with the device?
I would look at your phone's Bluetooth advanced settings - Media Volume should be sync'd with the phone. That way, the device will catch the phone's volume setting, rather than invent its own.

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #473 of 1,494
Anybody has an issue with the volume playing at 100% once it has connected to the phone? This issue keeps happening with my devices and has given me a shock quite a few times. Is it a fault with the device?

Yes I’ve had this a couple of times.
My volume can be set to a reasonable level, I’ll put the buds in and it will play loudly for half a second before going back to the proper volume.
Only done it a couple of times, not too much to bother me. I just hope it’s not damaging my hearing.

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #474 of 1,494
A little tip in case you make the same mistake as me. I was finding the "Ambient Sound" to be pretty low when toggling it and lower than with a long press...then I realized I had moved the cursor in the app at some point and the setting "sticks" (as it should although I can't really see the point of having different levels of Ambien Sound).

Sep 21, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #475 of 1,494
what's the consensus on sennheiser true wireless vs the sony wf1000xm3? i love the first gen ones but the connection was a bit shotty at times. i would like to replace my sennheiser with these since i really dislike how sennheiser handles the rechargeable case.

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #476 of 1,494

What do you guys think?

Using the Fender gel tips the fit is perfect.

As I mentioned before the good thing about ANC is not that it cancels noise - but that it knows when to LET IN noise ie during commuting. If I want perfect isolation, I'll grab my CIEMs.

I've heard the Jaybirds and the Bose SoundSport - they sound terrible with very bloated bass and is not as neutral sounding as the WF1000XM3. Plus the Bose SoundSport's fit is even worse than the Sony and the case is not carry friendly.

If you are just picking individual aspects to find faults with, then you aren't really reviewing the product as a whole. I still stand by that the M3 is the best all-rounder when it comes to BOTH sound and features for a True Wireless Earbud.

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #477 of 1,494
I looked up "Fender gel" tips but didn't come up with something specific, they seem to have either silicone or foam tips, are you referring to the silicone tips ?

I've found that the Comply Comfort tips (olive shaped ones) work well for me. It's more of a hassle to fit them in than silicone tips though as I have to squeeze them in first. Not sure how nc8000 can just push them in, must depend on the shape of your ears and I see that working if the "rubberized" part of the xm3 push against the bottom of your ear. That's what happens with the Libratone Track Air+ in my case.

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #478 of 1,494
I looked up "Fender gel" tips but didn't come up with something specific, they seem to have either silicone or foam tips, are you referring to the silicone tips ?

I've found that the Comply Comfort tips (olive shaped ones) work well for me. It's more of a hassle to fit them in than silicone tips though as I have to squeeze them in first. Not sure how nc8000 can just push them in, must depend on the shape of your ears and I see that working if the "rubberized" part of the xm3 push against the bottom of your ear. That's what happens with the Libratone Track Air+ in my case.

Fender has some new gel based iem tips. I’ve simply got big ear holes so I don’t have to squeeze the Comply tips, even the Large T200 just slide directly into my ear. I compared my custom JH13 to a frinds customs and mine were nearly twice as big as his

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #479 of 1,494

https://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000249366/023/Y/page1/recommend/

They are sold as Fender SureSeal in Japan but doesn't seem to be available anywhere else in the world right now.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #480 of 1,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back