Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Jul 31, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #1,261 of 1,494
These Xelastec tips in size small just disappear in my ears, but at the same time are super secure in my ears. Definitely recommended, and they sound great too. Oh, and the isolation is the best I've experienced from a non memory foam tip. A+

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,262 of 1,494
I received my Xperia 1 II alongside the bonus combo WF-1000XM3.
I recently purchased a set of the WF-1000XM3 from Best Buy on sale just a little over a week ago not knowing I was going to purchase the Xperia 1 II combo.
Well, I went and returned the initial set at Best Buy today and opened up the WF-1000XM3 that came directly from Sony with the Xperia 1 II.

Here lies the problem...
I’m experiencing Bluetooth connection issues.
The WF-1000XM3 aren’t connecting via NFC.
Connection via traditional pairing works, but after about 2 minutes of audio playback via Tidal, the connection fails.
It then reconnects, but is unable to play the audio...Xperia 1 II indicates it is connected.
I’ve reset the WF-1000XM3 3 times and tried reconnecting again, but still issue continues.
I tested the Xperia 1 II with both my WH-1000XM3 and 1More Triple Driver E1001BT in Bluetooth Earphones and they work flawlessly.
The WF-1000XM3 from Best Buy did not experience this or any other issues.

Has anyone experience this issue and is there a solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #1,263 of 1,494
i'm not sure about the hype for xelastec tips. they dont sound that different from stock. You just "feel" the bass a bit better and it's more comfortable (and is it just me or does it sound slightly less airy?).

measurement shows a slight upper mid boost which i also hear. But i prefer the stock sound.

xelastec vs stock.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,264 of 1,494
So are the Xelastec tips really high maintenance for everyone or are my ears just really gross(even though they aren't).

I like these tips but they get really gross looking. Even more gross looking than foam tips in my ears.

Aug 10, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #1,265 of 1,494
i'm not sure about the hype for xelastec tips. they dont sound that different from stock. You just "feel" the bass a bit better and it's more comfortable (and is it just me or does it sound slightly less airy?).

measurement shows a slight upper mid boost which i also hear. But i prefer the stock sound.

xelastec vs stock.jpg

i think the main selling point of the xelastec is on that grippy surface, unlike other tips like for instance the Spiral dots that says it purposefully change the sound as a selling point

So are the Xelastec tips really high maintenance for everyone or are my ears just really gross(even though they aren't).

I like these tips but they get really gross looking. Even more gross looking than foam tips in my ears.

i haven't test them myself, but from friends that do tried them the experiences are similar, that it does get dirty easily

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #1,266 of 1,494
The pros of the Xelastec tips is the fit, comfort, isolation, and they do sound good. The negatives are the maintenance, and the price.

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #1,267 of 1,494
Total design fail on the Sony Headphones app on my iPhone. It apparently got updated over the weekend and when I wanted to use it last night on a flight it wanted me to approve the now license terms but could not show them since I had no internet connection and there was no way to bypass this so I could not use the app.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #1,268 of 1,494

Same thing happens with mine, but a quick wipe down with a wet paper towel / baby wipe / etc. gets them looking good as new.

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #1,269 of 1,494
Love these things with the Wavelet Android app and the Xelastec tips. Stock tuning is not great for my tastes and the EQ of the Sony app is kind of limited, but Wavelet with the autoEQ does wonders. Combined with the ANC low volume listening is great. Nice and clear and detailed with enough low end to make them fun enough and engaging.

These have been getting used more than any of my other headphones/earphones for the combination of sound and convenience.

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,270 of 1,494
I received my Xperia 1 II alongside the bonus combo WF-1000XM3.
I recently purchased a set of the WF-1000XM3 from Best Buy on sale just a little over a week ago not knowing I was going to purchase the Xperia 1 II combo.
Well, I went and returned the initial set at Best Buy today and opened up the WF-1000XM3 that came directly from Sony with the Xperia 1 II.

Here lies the problem...
I’m experiencing Bluetooth connection issues.
The WF-1000XM3 aren’t connecting via NFC.
Connection via traditional pairing works, but after about 2 minutes of audio playback via Tidal, the connection fails.
It then reconnects, but is unable to play the audio...Xperia 1 II indicates it is connected.
I’ve reset the WF-1000XM3 3 times and tried reconnecting again, but still issue continues.
I tested the Xperia 1 II with both my WH-1000XM3 and 1More Triple Driver E1001BT in Bluetooth Earphones and they work flawlessly.
The WF-1000XM3 from Best Buy did not experience this or any other issues.

Has anyone experience this issue and is there a solution?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:
Returned the WF-1000XM3 back to Sony and received my replacement set today.
Sony really looked out for me and made sure I received them before my Birthday tomorrow.
They sent them via Fed Ex 2Day instead of the usual Ground shipping...5 to 10 business days.

Just testing the replacements now and they are working beautiful...no issues.

I still find that the OEM tips that came on the WF-1000XM3 are the best fit for me and probably going to stick with them.
Hearing all the positive reviews with the Xelastic tips really gets me wanting to try them, but not sure if it is worth it for me.
Maybe down the road...

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #1,271 of 1,494
Does anyone know how to connect these to windows 10 pc? I managed to get them paired, Showing 1000xm3 under Bluetooth connections, and they show as connected, but no sound. My sound options meter even shows activity through the earbud but no sound. Once, I managed to get sound but it was badly distorted and intermittent. Tried re pairing, but does not work. I asked sony and they only send me the same robot responses with links to their troubleshooter.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,272 of 1,494
Does playback happen through the pc (speakers, dac/amp whatever connected if what you have is a tower) when you have it connected through Bluetooth? It might be a simple problem of changing the output device from the windows setting.

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #1,274 of 1,494
thats weird, have you ever tried conncting Otterbourne bluetooth udio output beoore oo tee same pc? speakers or headphones for example?
does the WF show up as an input (mic) device?

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #1,275 of 1,494
So, I finally bought these after having (and loving) the over ear XM3's for almost 10 months now - just waiting a few days on delivery. Airpod pros were a consideration (even though I haven't tried them either) because I've heard great things about them, but that Apple cost was/is just too much.

I just hope I get lucky, and my ear shape lets these be comfortable, and a good fit for me. I have no clue what to expect, other than I understand that in ears obviously cannot be as effective as over ears, and I fully accept that.

There are a lot of situations where these could be useful. It seems like so many retail environments, shops, restaurants, etc. just blast music these days. I was walking in Vegas a while ago, and the music was way too f'ing loud. I am hoping that I can get some in ears that dampen a lot of this out. Over ears are just a complete "no go" for hot summers in SoCal. They are also big and conspicious, and you might not want to have to carry them if you're going out for several hours / the whole day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back