Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Sep 27, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #1,292 of 1,494
Sep 28, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,294 of 1,494
I have to say, I really oscillate with these. Sounds is fine, and NC is pretty good (although a great deal of the NC, I assume, comes passively).

When I first got them, I wasn't happy with the fit/comfort. Some days, the comfort is fine, and other days, not so much. I haven't tried the airpod pro's yet, but I think they might be my next purchase. Regardless, I think they're pretty good ANC buds, if they're comfortable for you.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #1,295 of 1,494
I have to say, I really oscillate with these. Sounds is fine, and NC is pretty good (although a great deal of the NC, I assume, comes passively).

When I first got them, I wasn't happy with the fit/comfort. Some days, the comfort is fine, and other days, not so much. I haven't tried the airpod pro's yet, but I think they might be my next purchase. Regardless, I think they're pretty good ANC buds, if they're comfortable for you.

Comfort and fit can be made better with different tips. Some of the more popular tips are the Spinfit CP360's and the Sedna Earfit Xelastec tips. The Xelastec tips are great. They heat up and basically melt to the shape of your ear canals, and the isolation is really really good. They are also a bit sticky which helps them to stay in your ears. They are sized a bit large so you'd just order a size or two smaller than what you usually would use. I've used a ton of different tips on mine and these are my favorite.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #1,296 of 1,494

I have my on and off days as well - but I've had them for a year now and still going strong (plus the lack of commuting means they don't get used as much)! And given the competition, they're still pretty relevant a year on. I do want to try the Sedna's though.....

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #1,297 of 1,494
Comfort and fit can be made better with different tips. Some of the more popular tips are the Spinfit CP360's and the Sedna Earfit Xelastec tips. The Xelastec tips are great. They heat up and basically melt to the shape of your ear canals, and the isolation is really really good. They are also a bit sticky which helps them to stay in your ears. They are sized a bit large so you'd just order a size or two smaller than what you usually would use. I've used a ton of different tips on mine and these are my favorite.

Fair enough...My only problem with tips for these, is that if I'm gonna have to buy 2-3 sets of different kinds of these to see which are best, I might as well just use that money to buy Airpod Pro's. Thankfully, the brutal summer here is slowly coming to an end, so I'll be able to use my WH's a lot more.

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #1,298 of 1,494
Sony just casually enabled simultaneous DSEE HX + EQ operation via update. Nice

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #1,299 of 1,494
Sony just casually enabled simultaneous DSEE HX + EQ operation via update. Nice
Yeah, just updated to firmware 3.00. And i don’t know if it’s just placebo, but i fell the touch controls work much better now. Previously i had to sweep them gently to work, now double taps and triple taps work much better. Perhaps they did some tweaking there as well.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #1,300 of 1,494
I still kind of can't get over how good these can sound. Using the Wavelet Android app does wonders for these things if the Harman target is your style. I've modified my EQ a small amount from the stock AutoEQ profile and these things really sound great. I can't find anything to complain about in terms of the sound. Bass is great once EQ'ed, the mids are good, the highs sparkle like crazy. The right tips fix the comfort issues and keep them in your ears so I can't complain there either. Only thing I'd like to see is a smaller more compact form factor and smaller case, but whatever.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #1,301 of 1,494
anyone here noticed that the WF1000XM3 unit has a significantly shorter battery life after the latest 3.0 update? my unit now can only go about 1:50 hours before turning off on the left side..
i see that there are multiple instances like this too on reddit.

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #1,302 of 1,494
anyone here noticed that the WF1000XM3 unit has a significantly shorter battery life after the latest 3.0 update? my unit now can only go about 1:50 hours before turning off on the left side..

I still get roughly the same play time. About 4 hours with ANC and various DSP effects, about 6 hours with just ANC, and near 8 hours with everything disabled

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #1,303 of 1,494

I personally haven't experienced any difference in battery life.
I use mine every day for at least 4 hours with everything activated...volume about 50%.

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #1,304 of 1,494
I still get roughly the same play time. About 4 hours with ANC and various DSP effects, about 6 hours with just ANC, and near 8 hours with everything disabled

I personally haven't experienced any difference in battery life.
I use mine every day for at least 4 hours with everything activated...volume about 50%.

did you use the DSEE HX and the EQ on? on AAC? i have just factory reset my unit and turned off the DSEE, with EQ on, AAC, sound quality mode, and ANC on (like i used to using before the update), now it's back to normal at 3:40 hours with 20% reading on L and R unit (I'd guess it would full deplete at 4 hours'ish)

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,305 of 1,494
did you use the DSEE HX and the EQ on? on AAC? i have just factory reset my unit and turned off the DSEE, with EQ on, AAC, sound quality mode, and ANC on (like i used to using before the update), now it's back to normal at 3:40 hours with 20% reading on L and R unit (I'd guess it would full deplete at 4 hours'ish)

aac, eq and anc for about 4 hours. Aac and anc for about 6 hours. Aac for about 8 hours. I mostly use the anc + eq as 4 hours is almost always enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back