Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #1,248 of 1,494
Just can't get these bloody things to stay in my ear, I've tried InAir, Comply Foam, SpinFit CP360 but they fall out easily, especially with the right ear but that's probably just my physiology. Anyone got any suggestions or something I should revisit? I'm based in the UK.
I'm using the Amazon UK-supplied “Inairs Air 1 (S/M/L)” foam tips and get a much better grip than the Sony foam tips.

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #1,249 of 1,494
Hi I'm new owner of the WF-1000XM3's and loving their cable free usability and NC for working from home. Obviously not as good SQ as my XBA-H3's but very satisfying none the less. Was surprised to find out there's no LDAC or Apt X support - apparently sucks battery life.

One thing i have noticed is that when using these with my NW-ZX1 that there appears to be DRC at some points where a loud sound brings the overall sound level down slightly! This behaviour does not occur when using with my Samsung S10 phone. I have turned off adaptive NC and no DSEE HX. Also DRC is turned off on my ZX1. Anyone experienced this?

Regarding greenkomodo1's post, I am in the UK and I use comply tips and also found these on Ebay which are similar to Sony's hybrid tips which should last longer than the Comply ones. I used these on my H3's and XM3's:

SYMBIO Ws Silicone+Memory Foam Spec. Hybrid Univ. Ear Tips Shure Westone SONY BO

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,254 of 1,494
Been using the Spinfit CP360 (size M) and the Xelastec (in size MS) and have the size small Xelastecs on order too. The MS might be the right size, but I feel they don't fit as deep as I'd like, so the small ones might be better, we'll see Friday. The Xelastec in size MS stick out a couple MM more than how the CP360's fit me. The Xelastec tips feel comfortable and feel good once they warm up and soften up, but I've just been wondering if the small will just fit better still and be easier to put in. The CP360 and the Xelastec tips both sound pretty similar, nothing really stands out except for the vocals on the Xelastec. The vocals just really stand out on the Xelastec tips, it's kind of amazing so I just want to really give these the chance they deserve and make sure I'm getting the best fit.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #1,255 of 1,494
Just threw on the Azla Xelastic... They work great with the WF - seems a little more mid-bass punch

does the xelastic attracts dust or lint more? does a simple swipe with a cloth/shirt cleans it?
i often put my WF on the table/bed for a minute or two for taking a break.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #1,256 of 1,494
does the xelastic attracts dust or lint more? does a simple swipe with a cloth/shirt cleans it?
i often put my WF on the table/bed for a minute or two for taking a break.

They are a little sticky. I've had to run mine under the faucet and dry with a towel once already.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,258 of 1,494
Sony will announce new audio gear on Aug 6.

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #1,260 of 1,494
Rumors of “maybe” WH-1000XM4.
I just purchased both the WH-1000XM3 and WF-1000XM3 To go along with the Xperia 1 II.

We shall see what’s up Sony’s sleeve...
It's been a year since the wf-1000xm3's release, it would make sense for sent to release the rarbuds and headphone at the same time, the xm4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back