Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Feb 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #871 of 1,494
I just have to mention how impressed I am with the battery life. I charged the case once a week ago and I’ve been using the earbuds every day for a few hours. I always put them back in the case when I’m done. And I also use noise reduction which is apparently more of a battery drain. My current battery rating on the case is about 30% and the buds are at 50%. It’s amazing that I’ve been using them for a week and I have not had to think about charging at all.

Sennheiser could really learn a thing or two from Sony here :slight_frown:

Feb 21, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #872 of 1,494
I just have to mention how impressed I am with the battery life. I charged the case once a week ago and I’ve been using the earbuds every day for a few hours. I always put them back in the case when I’m done. And I also use noise reduction which is apparently more of a battery drain. My current battery rating on the case is about 30% and the buds are at 50%. It’s amazing that I’ve been using them for a week and I have not had to think about charging at all.

Yeah, I use mine 2-3 hours a time 3-4 times a week and only charge the case about once a month

Feb 21, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #873 of 1,494
I believe the DSEE HX cuts down battery a lot. I use EQ myself so HX is disabled. I didn't hear a dramatic difference with HX on

Feb 21, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #874 of 1,494
Speaking of battery life, do any of you find the verbal notification of remaining charge accurate? On my most recent plane ride, I was about 4 hours in use when I placed the ear pieces back into the case for less than 5 min. When I put them back on, I was told battery was at 100% which I don't think is possible. I also have experienced a very long time for the visual battery level to update on the app - on the order of 2-3 min where it initially shows 100%, but then drops to 30% after update.

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #875 of 1,494
Both my buds were down to 20% and I managed to get another 40 minutes, but then one of the buds went out while the other one kept going. How exactly do you tell when the case is charged? All I see is a red light on it.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #876 of 1,494
Feb 22, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #877 of 1,494
Both my buds were down to 20% and I managed to get another 40 minutes, but then one of the buds went out while the other one kept going. How exactly do you tell when the case is charged? All I see is a red light on it.
The Sony Headphones app and latest firmware shows case charge.

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #878 of 1,494
How is everyone storing their buds after use? Back in case or no? Is it better to leave the buds out and drain before putting them back in the case to recharge or is it safe to just keep putting them in the case even if there’s been very little use (half hour to hour) on the buds?

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #879 of 1,494
How is everyone storing their buds after use? Back in case or no? Is it better to leave the buds out and drain before putting them back in the case to recharge or is it safe to just keep putting them in the case even if there’s been very little use (half hour to hour) on the buds?
the battery tech is very good these days so just put them back. Honestly, the time it takes to worry about drainage isn't worth it. It probably lasts a few years (if you don't plan to update to new ones coming every year).

Just enjoy the music :)

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #880 of 1,494

Don't forget that it is possible to swap the batteries on the WF.

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #881 of 1,494

I just put mine back in the case

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #882 of 1,494
Case on my end, I tend to upgrade with every Sony release and sell the old.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #883 of 1,494
Case on my end, I tend to upgrade with every Sony release and sell the old.

I expect to stick with my XM3 until they can’t deliver at least 4 hours per charge and then buy what at that time appears to be the best for my preferences and use case

Feb 23, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #884 of 1,494
Hey all, I bought these a while ago and tested them for a while. Unfortunately I have three issues with them and I'm not sure how solvable they are and if they are limited to the WF-1000mx3, or if those are issues all or most TWS and / or ANCs will have. If any of you have ideas about these, let me know.

1. The fit isn't great. Now this is probably the easiest to solve, I used some other tips which are okayish and provide a decent seal. I can also buy some memory foam tips off of amazon, I'm sure I'll find something that fits better at some point.
2. There is a weird sharp noise somewhere in the mid-high frequencies. On some other TWS I used, those distortions were caused by the white noise the DAC produces, but not sure if that also applies here because I can't actually hear the DAC. The EQ settings somewhat help with this, but it still isn't what I want on a device at this price tag. This is most noticable to me with string instruments iirc.
3. Most importantly: The ANC seems to amplify some high frequency sounds like rustling, people moving stuff around etc. Now one of the reasons I want ANC is because of ADHD, so having amplified distracting noises is really counterproductive. Not sure if this is because of bad seal or just because of how ANC tech works.

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #885 of 1,494
Hey all, I bought these a while ago and tested them for a while. Unfortunately I have three issues with them and I'm not sure how solvable they are and if they are limited to the WF-1000mx3, or if those are issues all or most TWS and / or ANCs will have. If any of you have ideas about these, let me know.

1. The fit isn't great. Now this is probably the easiest to solve, I used some other tips which are okayish and provide a decent seal. I can also buy some memory foam tips off of amazon, I'm sure I'll find something that fits better at some point.
2. There is a weird sharp noise somewhere in the mid-high frequencies. On some other TWS I used, those distortions were caused by the white noise the DAC produces, but not sure if that also applies here because I can't actually hear the DAC. The EQ settings somewhat help with this, but it still isn't what I want on a device at this price tag. This is most noticable to me with string instruments iirc.
3. Most importantly: The ANC seems to amplify some high frequency sounds like rustling, people moving stuff around etc. Now one of the reasons I want ANC is because of ADHD, so having amplified distracting noises is really counterproductive. Not sure if this is because of bad seal or just because of how ANC tech works.

Either your set is malfunctioning or you don't have a full seal. I think it's the later though. You have to insert with the ear pieces pointing straight down and then rotate forward between 60-90 deg. You should feel the ear tips going further inside the canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back