Official Sony WF-1000XM3 Thread - Noise Cancelling True Wireless Earphones
Feb 10, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #857 of 1,494
I just got my WF-1000xm3, and i was wondering if it was me becuase the case lid wiggle abit. Does anyone have a similar situation?

mine does not, it only has just enough give to open and close, but somebody else in this thread mentioned that his lid felt loose

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #858 of 1,494
A very slight wiggle for me, but nothing to worry about.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #861 of 1,494
Hmm so I'm using the Galaxy Note 10+ and I got these 1000XM3 anyways because it is convenient and it has ANC, but it doesn't have AptX. Just AAC and SBC.

So which one of the two codecs should I use? I've read that AAC is a power hungry codec on Androids because it processes some psychoacoustic stuff when compressing the audio file and it only has a max transfer rate of 250 kbps (equivalent to a mid quality MP3 file), while SBC has a max of 320 kbps (the equivalent of a high quality MP3 file).

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #862 of 1,494
Hmm so I'm using the Galaxy Note 10+ and I got these 1000XM3 anyways because it is convenient and it has ANC, but it doesn't have AptX. Just AAC and SBC.

So which one of the two codecs should I use? I've read that AAC is a power hungry codec on Androids because it processes some psychoacoustic stuff when compressing the audio file and it only has a max transfer rate of 250 kbps (equivalent to a mid quality MP3 file), while SBC has a max of 320 kbps (the equivalent of a high quality MP3 file).

Go for AAC. The battery lasts like 6 hours for me (AAC and Noise Cancelling). The extra possible 2 hours using SBC isn't worth it IMO

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #863 of 1,494
Anyone wear them horizontally like Sony instruction? Or at an angle.

Somehow if I wear them like Sony's instruction, it kinda tilts inward on the top part (no discomfort or anything)

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #864 of 1,494
Anyone wear them horizontally like Sony instruction? Or at an angle.

Somehow if I wear them like Sony's instruction, it kinda tilts inward on the top part (no discomfort or anything)

i usually wear it pointing down and a bit forward. the Sony's way of pointing straight forward does more secure, but the way i usually wear it is secure enough. i don't wear it for heavy activities though, but i reckon the Sony's way would be better for that

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #865 of 1,494
Can you elaborate on why is it more secure?
i usually wear it pointing down and a bit forward. the Sony's way of pointing straight forward does more secure, but the way i usually wear it is secure enough. i don't wear it for heavy activities though, but i reckon the Sony's way would be better for that

Feb 13, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #866 of 1,494
Can you elaborate on why is it more secure?

Because the twisting as action, it will make it grip more on my ears, so it would less likely to come off.

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #867 of 1,494
I am using Older zx2 Walkman with sony wf-1000xm3 buds. Connection is fine, problem is the clear bass function does not work. It works with wired buds, but with Bluetooth buds, no effect. Is this supposed to happen? When I use the xm3 on iPhone or iPad, the clear bass function is adjusted through the ‘headphones‘ app from Sony. I wonder if the zx2 also requires the same app now to make clear bass work on zx2. I tired to access google play store to find the app but keep getting errors and it won’t open. ‘Error retrieving information from server df-dfherh—01’ tried all solutions to fix, but nothing works. Only option is complete reinstall.

If I reboot the zx2, wiping it clean in order to solve this play store error, I will lose Spotify app as well. Will I even be able to download it again? I know sony stopped supporting android years ago, so I fear that I would not be able to download Spotify again. This makes me very hesitant to reboot the zx2 because I use spotify a lot.

Feb 21, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #869 of 1,494
I just have to mention how impressed I am with the battery life. I charged the case once a week ago and I’ve been using the earbuds every day for a few hours. I always put them back in the case when I’m done. And I also use noise reduction which is apparently more of a battery drain. My current battery rating on the case is about 30% and the buds are at 50%. It’s amazing that I’ve been using them for a week and I have not had to think about charging at all.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #870 of 1,494
I just have to mention how impressed I am with the battery life. I charge the case once a week ago and I’ve been using the earbuds every day for a few hours. I always put them back in the case when I’m done. My current battery rating on the cases about 30% and the buds are at 50%. It’s amazing that I’ve been using them for a week and I have not had to think about charging at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back