Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #4,261 of 4,314
@purk at least all the Amazon websites that I visit including different Europe list the DMP as discontinue including amazon australia.

On another website, similar to head-fi the original poster said that Sonny Japan list it's officially discontinued.
Maybe if there are some units left in S in Asian markets there may be only the remaining units from the shops that sell hi-fi equipment @nc8000 did a visit to Berlin. I don't remember in which year he visited the Sony store in Berlin the same store where I tried it before buying mine and I think they told him that it was already discontinue.

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #4,262 of 4,314
@purk at least all the Amazon websites that I visit including different Europe list the DMP as discontinue including amazon australia.

On another website, similar to head-fi the original poster said that Sonny Japan list it's officially discontinued.
Maybe if there are some units left in S in Asian markets there may be only the remaining units from the shops that sell hi-fi equipment @nc8000 did a visit to Berlin. I don't remember in which year he visited the Sony store in Berlin the same store where I tried it before buying mine and I think they told him that it was already discontinue.
So I think getting a new brand new DMP-Z1 these days maybe close to impossible or not at all the only way is to get it in the juice market

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #4,263 of 4,314

It was in June 2022 I visited the Sony store in Berlin. I can’t remember if it was mentioned that it was discontinued then

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #4,265 of 4,314
I don't know from where or from who it came out that the walkmans 1Z and 1A can index songs up to a maximum of 80,000 songs. I think @MrWalkman
And then later came that the A40/A50 walkmans can index maximum of 40,000 songs.

Does anyone here now this limit for the DMP. I am assuming it's gonna index more songs than the. 1Z/1A

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #4,267 of 4,314
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #4,268 of 4,314
It can’t sell that well. I will just treasure mine.
How does the DM P drives the qualia heafphones? In my opinion, the DMP. Drives the 2020 utopia (with a Lavricables Grand cryo-silver with an adapter from double helix cables) very very good

Mar 20, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #4,269 of 4,314
I think it is a one off, given the price. The average consumer was not going to buy this product. I’m just relieved to have got my player fixed, when the chances of it seemed unlikely. I’ve now clocked up nearly 1.500 hours of listening, with my “third spell”. ( In total 4.000 hours of listening & I’ve lost 9 months of use. ) Just over 700 hours now, with my Focal Clear MG’s ( & these sound amazing ! )

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #4,270 of 4,314
thouu in
How does the DM P drives the qualia heafphones? In my opinion, the DMP. Drives the 2020 utopia (with a Lavricables Grand cryo-silver with an adapter from double helix cables) very very good
The DMP sounds good driving nearly everything IMO short of Susvara and HE6 and those K1000. The only thing that I found the DMP lacking a bit in the stock form is the width and depth of staging compared to TOTL desktop systems. Mine is better now thanks to the internal wiring upgrade from Whitigr and LPSU.

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #4,271 of 4,314
thouu in

The DMP sounds good driving nearly everything IMO short of Susvara and HE6 and those K1000. The only thing that I found the DMP lacking a bit in the stock form is the width and depth of staging compared to TOTL desktop systems. Mine is better now thanks to the internal wiring upgrade from Whitigr and LPSU.
And what cable are you using for the upgrade of the internal wiring? Silver i assume. I got my lavri grand pure silber cable for my Z1R and burning it... currently it's a little bit too Bassy and sometimes a little bit too bright, but it will go away. I already had this cable for my utopia and I really like what it did to my Sony. Z1R

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #4,272 of 4,314
And what cable are you using for the upgrade of the internal wiring? Silver i assume. I got my lavri grand pure silber cable for my Z1R and burning it... currently it's a little bit too Bassy and sometimes a little bit too bright, but it will go away. I already had this cable for my utopia and I really like what it did to my Sony. Z1R
Silver Gold hybrid.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #4,273 of 4,314
Silver Gold hybrid.
Thanks. I remember I wanted to get a Sony. Qualia 010... but I saw that they are not really so available to buy secondhand and they are very very expensive like a new DMP.-z1. Because of this price, I decided to get difficult utopia 2020., to have my first open back headphone. Prior to that I demo the utopia 2022., sennheiser HD800s as well HD820... this Kaiser did not really click with me. I found their sound really weird. Perhaps it was the chip cable and the shop and I forgot to bring the adapters you gave me with your. Z1R. And the utopia 2022 I found it more for pop jazz rock wrap, a pretty strong sign or no is very present and a little bit too harsh on the high end but had a very nice downstairs.. I decided to buy blind utopia 2020. And I really like them at the end.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #4,274 of 4,314
You should get the HD800S with a good cable upgrade. You love classical right and the HD800S excels on that.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #4,275 of 4,314
You should get the HD800S with a good cable upgrade. You love classical right and the HD800S excels on that.

When I’ve reached 1.000 hours on my Focal Clear MG ( Under 300 hours to go. ) i will try out my HD800S again. From memory, they’re not as good as my Focal’s, but I’ve only got the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back