OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jul 11, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #121 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is Jersey. I will steal yours if you do not make me a copy.

Heyyy...Ohhh...fuggetaboutit!

Jul 11, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #122 of 228
Gear list tomorrow, guys. Apologies again. Last year I was much more on top of this. I'm anxious myself to see how much we'll have this year.

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #123 of 228
This looks to be interesting but I don't have any real gear to show off
frown.gif
I just recently joined head-fi (although I've been lurking around the forums for years) and also starting to build my headphone collection.

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #124 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Between myself or others you have nothing to worry about.

Does anyone have a burning desire to hear a lo-fi vinyl rig? It is obviously a hassle to bring but I have no problem doing it if someone wants to see what $70 of a table and phono preamp can get you.

Please do bring. I have not listened to a vinyl rig before and am wondering what the hype is all about. It would be a great opportunity to listen to one. Thanks.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #125 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by JETC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This looks to be interesting but I don't have any real gear to show off
frown.gif
I just recently joined head-fi (although I've been lurking around the forums for years) and also starting to build my headphone collection.

Come anyway. There's always a lot of people that come that don't have anything fancy, but it's not like we're going to run out of gear for you to listen on just because you didn't bring anything. Trust me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #126 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come anyway. There's always a lot of people that come that don't have anything fancy, but it's not like we're going to run out of gear for you to listen on just because you didn't bring anything. Trust me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, why not. I have another event to go to that day but that's later in the evening. It'll be my first time and this looks to be fun. I'll try to get a couple of friends to come and teach them the ways of the audiophile. Hopefully, this will help reaffirm or give me other alternatives to purchasing the Denon D5000
wink_face.gif

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #127 of 228
My panels are coming in on Wednesday, there's a CHANCE I can have a B22 for the meet - that all depends on how quickly I can assemble a new s22...

I have sold some of my headphones, so I can only guarantee bringing:

-L3000
-HD650
-Little Dot MK VI
-DACMagic
-Oppo 970HD

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #128 of 228
OK, I posted the gear list just now. As you guys can see, I'm missing a considerable amount of people. I skimmed through the old thread and read over this one twice but I feel like I'm missing something. At any rate, please PM me with your gear and I'll put it up right away.

EDIT: ALSO, if I am missing any attendees, please PM me! I realized I missed a couple people while reading through this thread.

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #129 of 228
I see that the cutoff times for the 2 rooms are 5 and 8, but could you tell me when you are starting.

Also, I am coming straight from a week's vacation in MD, so I won't be able to bring anything serious to the meet. I can't have stuff sit in the car all week in the sun, or worry about break-in. Sorry.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #130 of 228
No problem, Aaron. By the way, we're going to be open for setup at 8am. I'm planning on being there even earlier than that, personally, but don't feel obligated to come at any particular time if you like sleeping in.

Jul 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #131 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem, Aaron. By the way, we're going to be open for setup at 8am. I'm planning on being there even earlier than that, personally, but don't feel obligated to come at any particular time if you like sleeping in.

Yeah I'm going to attempt to be up by 6AM so I can shower and be out by 6:30. It's an hour and a half drive. We'll see if I manage to getup that early on a sat. I don't even getup that early for work haha.

Jul 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #132 of 228
Meh, I get up at 5:30 for work every morning. No problem!

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #133 of 228
We (the fam), are checking out of the hotel in Ocean City at 9:00. According to Google Maps, it is a 5:14 minute ride, which means a 2:00 arrival
confused_face.gif

I need at least 10 hours of listening and hanging out with my bros. What a coincidence that this is the same weekend of my long awaited vacation (didn't take one last year).

By the time I arrive, all of the tubes should be nice and warmed up.

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #134 of 228
We're gonna stuff ourselves into that small room at the end, don't forget!

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #135 of 228
I may be able to drop in. It all depends on work. Not sure if I can get off or not, but I'm supposed to visit some family in north Jersey this weekend. I'm hoping everything will work out for the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back