OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jul 4, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #91 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and of course, i *really* want to hear the WES/O2.
biggrin.gif

x2 would be quite amazing if there was a BHSE there also to compare.

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #92 of 228
I will likely be able to make it as well. I am planning on bringing my K1000 and Cayin amp. The only source that I have to bring is an old, modified phillips CD player. I hope that folks are thinking about bringing DACs such as the Cambridge or Musical Fidelity. I am thinking of buying a DAC in the 200-400 range and would welcome the chance to hear some.

Barry

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #93 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will likely be able to make it as well. I am planning on bringing my K1000 and Cayin amp. The only source that I have to bring is an old, modified phillips CD player. I hope that folks are thinking about bringing DACs such as the Cambridge or Musical Fidelity. I am thinking of buying a DAC in the 200-400 range and would welcome the chance to hear some.

Barry

I'll definitely have a DACMagic there
smily_headphones1.gif
If my buffalo is in working order by the meet, you can use the Cambridge all day long!

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #94 of 228
Quote:

Barry

I plan to bring my Compass DAC/Amp.

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #95 of 228
Quote:

I hope that folks are thinking about bringing DACs such as the Cambridge or Musical Fidelity. I am thinking of buying a DAC in the 200-400 range and would welcome the chance to hear some.

Barry

I have an Ack! dAck! 1.3 that I will bring for you if I come from home with my equipment. I'm selling it soon, but I will wait until after the meet. I also have the new Cary Xciter DAC that I won at the Charlotte meet, than I can bring.

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #96 of 228
Youse guys are great. How can I not drive to north jersey. Thanks.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #97 of 228
I'll have a Benchmark DAC-1 (slightly modded ... now uses RCA not BNC for the S/PDIF in), original not extra crispy (no USB).

And a Moodlabs Concept DAC on the cheap end -- I want to try it with the Monarch Upsampler fed from a very vintage Sony Discman with optical out. I think I'll try it at the meet for the first time -- I have the gear here but can't get my act together to hook it all up. If I throw the units on the table and go to the men's room or something maybe Ari or Matt will wire it all up and get it working, who knows.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #98 of 228
I will be bringing the Presonus CS, I guess that fits the bill... but I have a request as well. Would someone bring a transport (CD or laptop)? I don't want to bring my desktop with me.. worse comes to worse I will find some vintage unit on craigslist. Other than that my gear list will include the modded Realistic Pro 30 (orthodynamic), if fix the phones in time a Sextett EP, a lightly modded Fostex T50rp (if my friend will let me bring it) and a SRD7 / Lambda rig (if I get it fixed in time). Wow I guess I have a lot to do.

edit: If anyone is interested and they are reasonably presentable by meet time I could bring my DIY SFI ortho headphones..

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #99 of 228
I will also request for a laptop if you have one available to use at the meet. My source is a desktop which will be very difficult to lug around. I'm more scarred the travel will break something and windows wont boot up which is as good as not bringing anything to the meet. I can bring a few songs on a usb drive which I can use on the loaned laptop. I will use a Pro-ject usb DAC. Thanks.

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #101 of 228
Quote:

is there a gear list yet?

John's working on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will also request for a laptop if you have one available to use at the meet. My source is a desktop which will be very difficult to lug around. I'm more scarred the travel will break something and windows wont boot up which is as good as not bringing anything to the meet. I can bring a few songs on a usb drive which I can use on the loaned laptop. I will use a Pro-ject usb DAC. Thanks.

I might be able to share an HP G60-230US or an HP DV5-1133. The soundcards aren't high-end at all. Integrated.. I guess the DAC will do. Of course, this laptop won't be yours the whole way through. I'll like to use it some of the way through because I've got plenty of music on it... (The DV5 isn't in the house yet, I'm buying it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #102 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might be able to share an HP G60-230US or an HP DV5-1133. The soundcards aren't high-end at all. Integrated.. I guess the DAC will do. Of course, this laptop won't be yours the whole way through. I'll like to use it some of the way through because I've got plenty of music on it... (The DV5 isn't in the house yet, I'm buying it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it.

Thanks Benaiir. Greatly appreciate it. I'll search for you at the meet.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #104 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would someone bring a transport (CD or laptop)? I don't want to bring my desktop with me.. worse comes to worse I will find some vintage unit on craigslist...

Save your money Matt, I'll have CDPs with me -- the antique Sony discman with optical out (rare), and a new Shanling with S/PDIF. I'll use one, you the other.

I may also load into the trunk my vintage Bang & Olufsen CDP with S/PDIF out (although you cannot pick a track at random, nor go "track down", only "track up" and around the horn ... without the mega bucks B&O remote controller which I can't bring). It is really very lovely and never gets used. Last year's Oppo has knocked it out of the wife's room.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #105 of 228
Quote:

is there a gear list yet?

and you can add my name to the list of attendees with G08 > B52 > HD800 / HD650 (both balanced).

It wouldn't be a meet without you Dave! I think I already posted that. But hey, I gotta get to 1000 posts somehow. And since I've already blown the "posting intelligently" route, anything goes.

Speaking of gear, I think I won't bring the QES Labs HPBA-2 dual balanced amp this time. You expressed interest in it before the last NY meet, but then didn't get to hear it since my source (new music PC) would not boot. I have it wired in now at home and it might be a pain.

Someday we'll do a mini-meet just on high-end balanced amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back