OFFICIAL: Second Annual Northern NJ Meet 2009 - July 25
Jul 17, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #151 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a rockboxed h120 + d10 for anyone to try out, if they want to hook up their own IEM's, portables, etc.

I wasnt going to offer it, as I have so much to schlep already... but then I realized I would have it in the car already
biggrin.gif
I can't survive a drive of more than 15 minutes without my tunes!!!

Looks like we should set up a table for portables sources so people can plug in their portables into different sources without climbing over tables

I need to get an iPod LOD
frown.gif
8 MORE DAYS YOU GUYS!!

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #153 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the advantages of that firmware? I've had my X5L for a long time now and I've always used the standard firmware. Great device, though...excellent fidelity for an ordinary MP3 player. I'll let you try it with my portable amp and see how it changes the sound slightly.

Well, rockbox basically adds more features to the X5L line. Supports parametric equalizer, album art, etc. You can read more about the features here: Why Rockbox. They have gotten to the point where they are able to match the sound response curve of the cowon firmware.

I like the added features but obviously at the cost of battery life. I get around 13hrs of audio but then again, I've had it since the month it got released. Overall, I am pleased at the added features it comes with rockbox and you have more ways to tweak the sound to your preference. Also, you can always revert to the old cowon firmware if you do not like it so there is no harm trying it out.

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #155 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like we should set up a table for portables sources so people can plug in their portables into different sources without climbing over tables

I need to get an iPod LOD
frown.gif
8 MORE DAYS YOU GUYS!!

I'll bring an extra one for you if you need
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess I'm gonna make this one!
I'll be bringing
m^3/steps
AT ESW9
ipod/iriver pcdp as source
frown.gif

im716 (hopefully depodded by then)

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #157 of 228
Here's my July 25 NJ meet gear list (forgot to add it to my "count me in" on June 13):

cans:
-AKG 701s
-Etymotic ER-4S

sources:
-Creative Zen MP3/WAV player
-Edirol R-09 digital source

DACs:
-MCM/Beresford TC-7510
-HeadRoom MicroDAC

amps:
-one off EdDuda tube amp
-HeadRoom Total Airhead

see yas! GW

Jul 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #158 of 228
Looks like I'll be able to make it after all. I'll only be able to attend Saturday morning, so I probably won't be bringing much/any gear unless someone has any specific requests.

Can I get some help finding a suitable hotel for Friday night that allows pets. I'll have my 13lb Jack Russel with me as I'll be meeting up with family Saturday afternoon and will spend the rest of the weekend with them.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #159 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I get some help finding a suitable hotel for Friday night that allows pets. I'll have my 13lb Jack Russel with me as I'll be meeting up with family Saturday afternoon and will spend the rest of the weekend with them.

Just down the road, on the other side of Route 10, is:
Homestead Studio Suites Hanover - Parsippany
125 Rte. 10 E.
Whippany, NJ 07981
Telephone: 973-463-1999
Dogs allows, $25 extra per night.

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #160 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just down the road, on the other side of Route 10, is:
Homestead Studio Suites Hanover - Parsippany
125 Rte. 10 E.
Whippany, NJ 07981
Telephone: 973-463-1999
Dogs allows, $25 extra per night.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #161 of 228
+$25 for a dog seems steep. Tie his leash to your bumper, just be sure not to forget
wink.gif

A friend of mine from the Audio business is planning on meeting me there. He's never been to a Headphone meet so I invited him. He's got great ears, and he builds and markets some of the best speakers in the world, along with the best Vibration control accessories. FYI he's coming to check out the Headphone thang, not to market his wares.

5 Days now.
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #162 of 228
Took us 7 hours to do a 5 hour ride from Queens to Ocean City last Saturday. Why? because of an insane 2 hour bumper to bumper backup between exits 9 to 7A due to (what I guess is is Great Adventure traffic to Rt 195 at 7A. Saw that it was the same headed north on 95 at 10 a.m.

In all of my infinite wisdom, I immediately called the Cape May Ferry (while sitting in the deluge) to make a reservation for a 10:15 a.m. ferry headed back to Cape May. This will allow us to come up the Garden State Parkway, instead of the Turnpike, so we should be there arornd 1.

Truly looking forward to hanging with my bros and checking out some good tunes.
Keep the Starbucks warm for me.
Turned 50 yesterday, so I might seem a little depressed
redface.gif

See you guys soon.

Aaron

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #163 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+$25 for a dog seems steep. Tie his leash to your bumper, just be sure not to forget
wink.gif

been calling around to a few hotels in the area. A few are +$75-150 a night!
angry_face.gif

I'm trying to find a hotel that will be a bit more centrally located between the meet and mahwah. If I can't find a hotel that will work all weekend I'll have to cut my stay short to be back for an 11-12pm checkout time
frown.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #164 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... along with the best Vibration control accessories. FYI he's coming to check out the Headphone thang, not to market his wares.

Could he bring his vibration meter? I am thinking of buying one.

I am building my racks out of Fir, a softer wood than Maple. I am not convinced by the Maple argument. Would love to measure. A good vibration meter is like $500!

I will have one rack with me, I hope (not done yet).

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #165 of 228
Gear list for me:

Phones: Koss ESP/950 w/ Stax adapter, Lambda Pro, Lambda normal, AKG K240 sextett EP, AKG K340
Amps: Koss E/90, Stax SRM-1 MKII Rev A. (normal bias socket is also pro bias)
Source: Oberon CDT-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back