Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #1,757 of 3,690
I have been powering my HE400's with my Dragonfly for a few years now. Boy what I have been missing. Current rig: Surface Pro 4 -> Foobar2000 -> WASAPI -> Dragonfly 1.0 -> Schiit Vali 2 -> HE400. Without the Vali, deep and/or heavy bass would tend to distort and complicated passages would sometimes sound flat and congested. No issues whatsoever now. What an upgrade! I am currently just trying the stock tubes and some of the HE400 fatigue I sometimes experienced seems to have been alleviated. I have about 7 more to try that came with my Head-Fi purchase!
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif

Did a quickie modification on Day 1 due to me being OCD.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #1,758 of 3,690
Thanks for the direction.
I suspected that it was imperial and not metric.
That's why mine did not work.

Made in the US, hence imperial.

I admit that the original one is way more stylish. Somehow I destroyed the nice appearance of the original Vali, but this knob is somehow more functional.

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #1,760 of 3,690

Just received...

So I'm using my AKG 712 Pros with the Vali 2 Amp. I'm feeding it through my Android phone into the RCA jacks in the back. I'm on High Gain full volume and I can still listen to it is the amp underpowered for my headphones or is it because of my Android device it just doesn't have enough power?

I'm liking the sound of this amp but I'm finding that my headphones are very very power-hungry the more I turn up the volume the better they actually sound but I've ran out of volume so I'm trying to find out I'm kind of new to this stuff and trying to find out do I need a more powerful amp or do I need a more powerful source for my music.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #1,761 of 3,690
It has to be your source.  I'm listening to the K7XX with Vali 2 at high gain and volume at 7-8 o'clock, so far from even halfway on the knob. This is straight out of my computer's sound card with iTunes.

I've never ran the Vali 2 out of my phone though. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #1,765 of 3,690
So I'm using my AKG 712 Pros with the Vali 2 Amp. I'm feeding it through my Android phone into the RCA jacks in the back. I'm on High Gain full volume and I can still listen to it is the amp underpowered for my headphones or is it because of my Android device it just doesn't have enough power?

I'm liking the sound of this amp but I'm finding that my headphones are very very power-hungry the more I turn up the volume the better they actually sound but I've ran out of volume so I'm trying to find out I'm kind of new to this stuff and trying to find out do I need a more powerful amp or do I need a more powerful source for my music.

a Solution: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/cable-plus-a2r/

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #1,768 of 3,690

a Solution: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/cable-plus-a2r/

:ok_hand:

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #1,769 of 3,690
  Guys do you know if its possible to convert the pre out of the Vali to line out?
I know that it will void guarantee but I am just asking..

This is probably an incredibly stupid and naive question; but what is the difference?

Also, I just wanna say that I'm jumping from team little dot to team schiit w/ the Vali 2. I love the LD; just time for something different. Wish me luck!

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #1,770 of 3,690

Guys do you know if its possible to convert the pre out of the Vali to line out?
I know that it will void guarantee but I am just asking..

This is probably an incredibly stupid and naive question; but what is the difference?

Also, I just wanna say that I'm jumping from team little dot to team schiit w/ the Vali 2. I love the LD; just time for something different. Wish me luck!

Line out has a fixed voltage.
Exactly like the line out of a source (CD player or DAC).
It can be useful if after the Vali you want to connect a normal integrated amplifier or a different pre.
I think that with some skill it may be possible to change it.
But maybe the easiest way is to split the source before the Vali input RCA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back