Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Feb 21, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #962 of 3,690
  Hmm, I still can't find the right place to purchase tubes in europe. Anyone has suggestions? Thanks

I don't know any one individual seller who will obtain all your tubes for you. I prefer to purchase by price, wherever. You need to watch for Customs charges of course but they may be offset by the higher prices European sellers often ask.
I always make sure the seller has a 14 day return policy.

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #963 of 3,690
  I don't know any one individual seller who will obtain all your tubes for you. I prefer to purchase by price, wherever. You need to watch for Customs charges of course but they may be offset by the higher prices European sellers often ask.
I always make sure the seller has a 14 day return policy.

Yeah I think it's the most convenient way afterall. Find the seller with the most preferred price, reputation, policies, and shipping origin. In my case, ebay is still the best place to look for tubes in germany.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #964 of 3,690
I sometimes use the German eBay website as there are occasionally tubes there that are not on the UK one. My experience with German sellers is that they are very reliable and dispatch very fast. They tend to be a bit pricey though. Whenever I have had to email them they have always replied speedily, politely and in perfect English

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #965 of 3,690
I just got a vali 2 this week. After listening to the vali 1 for hours and hours since may, i was excited for the upgrade. I love the vali, but the vali 2 is definitely an upgrade. I would say there's no major change in character between the 2 amps, but theres some improvement in high end definition and soundstage/imaging.

Got a couple other tubes to try, all current production just to keep costs low. Never compared tubes before, but it was nice to learn how they impact the sound.

I got a JJ/tesla e88cc and an electro harmonix 6922. The JJ has a slightly larger soundstage and greater treble detail. The EH has a bassier sound, not as much treble definition, but a deeper sound.

Since i listen for drums all the time, i like the JJ for cymbals and the EH for deep toms and bass drums (its great for vocals too).

Using the JJ for now because i gotta have that bright attack, but the EH might be better overall. Not that the stock tube was disappointing or anything, this amp sounds great to me either way. Very happy with this :blush:

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #967 of 3,690
  Does Vali 2 go with my Beyer DT880 600Ohm?

I haven't tried either (yet), but other users here have reported positive impressions with the T1, which is 600 ohm, and the T90. Similarly, quite a bit of users have had positive experiences with the DT880 600 ohm out of the Vali 1, so I would think the Vali 2 is a solid choice if you don't want to reach for the Valhalla 2. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #968 of 3,690
  Does Vali 2 go with my Beyer DT880 600Ohm?

http://schiit.com/products/vali-2 

If you check the specs on the official Schiit website, it looks like it will be good enough. The Vali2 gets for 600 ohms: 140mW RMS per channel

Then if you'd check it with a Magni 2 for example on the following website:
http://www.audiobot9000.com/match/beyerdynamic/dt-880-edition-600-ohms/with/schiit/magni-2

You'll get a peak SPL of 117.1 dB with a damping factor of 3000.

Hope this helps.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #969 of 3,690
So my Schiit Vali 2 came few days ago. It has been sitting and used on my desk since. But now I have a serious problem.. My girlfriend won't give it back! Yesterday she listened some of her music with it and now I can't even go near my Schiit.

I'm considering contacting Schiit support for help.

Help..

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #970 of 3,690
  So my Schiit Vali 2 came few days ago. It has been sitting and used on my desk since. But now I have a serious problem.. My girlfriend won't give it back! Yesterday she listened some of her music with it and now I can't even go near my Schiit.

Help..

You should contact them, they're bound to have a humorous answer, post it here.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #972 of 3,690
  You should contact them, they're bound to have a humorous answer, post it here.

They just answered (whoa that was fast), unfortunately it wasn't a humorous answer, but a very friendly one. Nick from Schiit said in the email he can't help me with my "problem".

Oh god Schiit support should get an award.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #973 of 3,690

Help..

You need to get another Vali 2.................................................or another GF.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #974 of 3,690

They just answered (whoa that was fast), unfortunately it wasn't a humorous answer, but a very friendly one. Nick from Schiit said in the email he can't help me with my "problem".

Oh god Schiit support should get an award.

I have never experienced better customer service in any category of products or services in my life as far as I can remember (via email/internet support that is).  Compels me to keep giving them my business, which is not a bad thing as their products sit pretty high in each of their price brackets. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #975 of 3,690
So I told my "problem" to Schiit Europe too. Here's their response:
Hi, that is really big Schiit!

1: buy a second one
2: brake up the relationship
3: take out the tube and hide it for your girlfriend

it is nice to hear, that she also enjoy it  :wink:

have fun with it togheter !!   :wink:

best regards
Dennis

I think I could at least try number 3

Users who are viewing this thread