Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Feb 15, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #931 of 3,690

I've read a few posts along those lines too but they were for the original Vali which has quite a high output impedance (6.5 Ohms). 

I haven't heard the original myself but from a brief listen with my Vali 2 & TH-X00 the pairing sounded pretty good using the low gain setting (a more suitable 1.2 Ohms output impedance). Should add I was using one of my own valves rather than the stock one though.

Sounds like a really good combo. I've got my XOO paired with an Asgard 2 on low gain. Too much congestion on high gain. Enjoy.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #932 of 3,690
Thanks to recommendations here I bought a pair of ECC88. These are my first tubes apart from the Stock one with the Vali2, exciting!

Can't wait to listen to my HD600s with this tube!

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #934 of 3,690
Thanks to recommendations here I bought a pair of ECC88. These are my first tubes apart from the Stock one with the Vali2, exciting!

Can't wait to listen to my HD600s with this tube!

Hope you enjoy the experience mate!

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #939 of 3,690
Beautiful little thing i'd say 
popcorn.gif

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #940 of 3,690
Just got my Vali 2 today. Wow there really is a difference in tube sound over  solid state. Got the Magni 2 Uber too so I'll use the Magni for TV  and movies and save the tube for music. Best of both worlds. Been reading on here and learning and listening. Got to get a few tubes and start down the "Rabbit Hole" as yall put it. Alice here I come. LOL Awesome. Those guys at Schiit Audio are the greatest for Rock. Especially Black Sabbath. Give more of my own impressions later.

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #941 of 3,690
I'm using Hifiman 400i,Modi 2 Uber connected to my computer. Anyone wondering about the computer can look at my profile. I will say I built my own. Stock tube,stock cable and Black Sabbath 13. The rest are coming by UPS. Lost some of my music moving. Everything seems to be mellower. The sss of the instruments are more accurate. I played tenor saxophone from 6th grade until after high school and even played a little for money. Until I got married. So drums being around all the time I naturally know the sound. More natural sounding is what I'm hearing. Wow planar magnetic and tubes really love each other don't they. On Adele 25 wow. Her voice is more natural. More intimate I guess. I can hear the sound of the sticks hitting the drums and cymbals better on Black Sabbath 13. More pronounced. Listening as I type so sorry if I'm jumping around. The sticks don't make such sssss sound. Awesome. If anyone reading this is on the fence about this amp or tubes in general, you owe it to yourself to experience tubes one time. The amp is so worth 169 dollars. A steal for the sound one gets. Now if I had a nice big room and a pair of Klipschhorns and a couple of mono block tube amps, I would be in heaven.

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #942 of 3,690
  Just got my Vali 2 today. Wow there really is a difference in tube sound over  solid state. Got the Magni 2 Uber too so I'll use the Magni for TV  and movies and save the tube for music. Best of both worlds. Been reading on here and learning and listening. Got to get a few tubes and start down the "Rabbit Hole" as yall put it. Alice here I come. LOL Awesome. Those guys at Schiit Audio are the greatest for Rock. Especially Black Sabbath. Give more of my own impressions later.

Grats and welcome to the club! Which tube did yours come with? 

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #943 of 3,690
I'll pull it later and let you know. Curiosity got the best of me LOL. Had to try out my new toy and did not look.
L3000.gif
Have to go to work so, when I get off in the morning I will look and post. So be looking. Sorry just had to know what I have been missing. I have heard a pair of Klipschhorns through mono blocks. A friends grandpa had some in his garage hooked to a turntable. Wow vinyl,tubes and horns. Heaven absolute heaven. I was 14 never have forgotten that experience. I will post the tube later wish I would have looked now curious myself. Loving the sound of my music. Planars and tubes are heaven also.
atsmile.gif

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #944 of 3,690
It is a 6BQ7 with a silver top. Went ahead and pulled it. No name just 6BQ7 across the the silver top. The plastic ring or whatever at the bottom seems to be damaged but it still works. I'll be ordering a new tube anyway soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back