Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Feb 19, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #949 of 3,697
  I just read about Matsu****a / National PCC88/7DJ8  Platinum so I ordered it from Upscale. See what it sounds like when it comes paired with the 400i.

I almost went with the matsush!ta PCC88, but ended up going with the Philips instead. Still curious what the Matsu sounds like with the Vali. let us know!

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #950 of 3,697

I just read about Matsu****a / National PCC88/7DJ8  Platinum so I ordered it from Upscale. See what it sounds like when it comes paired with the 400i.

I almost went with the matsush!ta PCC88, but ended up going with the Philips instead. Still curious what the Matsu sounds like with the Vali. let us know!

Yes I will.Take me a while just ordered the tubes. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as they come in I'll listen and post. Can't wait to hear what they sound like with the 400i after I read what they said on Upscale about them.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #951 of 3,697
  Beautiful little thing i'd say 
popcorn.gif

I hope you are enjoying the Tesla's sound signature.

Congrats and have fun with the Vali2!

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #954 of 3,697
Hello, 

I am new to Head-Fi. This will be my first post. 

I listend to my new Schist Vali 2 for the first time last night. I think it has good potential. I think the NOS tube was fried though. The treble was harsh. I immediately pulled out a gold pin Gold Lion and it knocked my socks off. I played it with three of my favorite pairs of cans. HD650, 598 and my HD800. It sounded good, amazing for the price. Matched triods will be important as their isn't a balance adjustment. My source was iTunes 44.1 files and my dragonfly DAC. Sound was engaging and non fatiguing. I listened for several hours as my wife was watching Annie and other musicals with our baby daughter. 

Will it replace a $1000.00 6080 based headphone tube amp, nope. Will it be a great sounding office headphone amp that I will not worry too much about growing legs, yup. This represents a great value for sure! I tried comparably priced Bravo headphone amps and they were terrible. This amp is the Schiit! 

Enjoy. 
Justin. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #956 of 3,697
I was doing that as well. My HD600 and 650 sound better on high gain and my X2 sounds better on low gain, I thought it was probably something to do with higher impedance cans needing more power but don't really know enough about it.

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #957 of 3,697
I was doing that as well. My HD600 and 650 sound better on high gain and my X2 sounds better on low gain, I thought it was probably something to do with higher impedance cans needing more power but don't really know enough about it.

I've played around with the gain settings with my HD650's and I find that there isn't enough high frequency energy in lo gain. Hi gain just brings everything to life.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #958 of 3,697
Regarding the Tesla's detailed timbre ... T90 + Vali 2 w/ Tesla E88CC + Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah", that's pure musical bliss. The finely articulated guitar is reproduced so well, absolutely fantastic. So far I still prefer the Tesla even over the Heerlen made Philips Miniwatt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back