1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by inseconds99, Dec 11, 2015.
First

Back
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
Next

Last
  1. Xyst
    Curious if anyone has heard the Aeon Closed through the Vali 2? I'm wondering if they would pair well or not.

Thanks!

2. Samiyuru
    Did anyone notice the new volume knob etc in vali2 on the product website?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Mike-WI likes this.
  3. Keno18
    Yes.

Samiyuru likes this.
  4. riffrafff
    I'm pretty sure the new knob was mentioned a few weeks back.

Samiyuru likes this.
  5. Samiyuru
    Is it just that and the internals are still the same?

6. riffrafff
    I don't know about the internals. The cut-out for the knob appears to be larger, which would make sense, of course. I have the older Vali 2; maybe someone has both and could compare? :ksc75smile:

Samiyuru likes this.
  7. h.rav

This

Samiyuru likes this.
  8. Samiyuru
    This is slick!

9. Keno18
    Have the sharp edges been tamed?

10. h.rav
    Nope. There are still minor scratches here and there.

11. Suprmin
    I just received this amp and am totally blown away. IMO this pairs extremely well with the Aeon Flow Opens. I guess it also helps that I’m feeding it a NOS Amperex gold pin PQ! I really don’t see myself upgrading to anything else anytime soon.

riffrafff likes this.
  12. TheAnalogman
    Anywho.....my Vali 2 arrived yesterday and upon first launch I was quite underwhelmed. Treble was kinda weird, bass was lacking on HiFiMan 560 and AKG K7xx. Things sounded dull. I couldn't see ANY text or info on the stock tube at all. Nada. I've read here about several people who were pleased with the stock tube. Not me. So in preperation for me NOT liking the named (or unnamed) stock tube, I had purchased a Phillips PCC88. A World of difference with the Phillips!! I used to think tubes mostly sounded the same.........not anymore. Now the little Vali 2 will most likely stay in the stable. The Phillips actually provided more powa too. So today I am pleased. I hope I will enjoy this as much as Schiit enjoys my $149 bux. Plus shipping.

ScubaMan2017 and riffrafff like this.
  13. Keno18
    That's the standard reaction of a new Vali 2 owner. That tube is put there for the sole purpose of making it easier to compare it withe the sound of another tube. in other words, it's essentially neutral on purpose. Head over to the "Vali 2 tube rolling" thread to see what other tubes users have found.

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  14. TheAnalogman
    I didn't even find it neutral. I thought it was poor. Just mho. Maybe I'll get a magnifying glass to revisit the stock tube. Whew! That tube rolling thread is long!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    ScubaMan2017 likes this.
  15. riffrafff
    My stock Vali 2 tube was "naked," too (sans printing).

ScubaMan2017 likes this.
First

Back
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
Next

Last