Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread
Sep 7, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #2,181 of 3,690
Is it just that and the internals are still the same?

I don't know about the internals. The cut-out for the knob appears to be larger, which would make sense, of course. I have the older Vali 2; maybe someone has both and could compare? :ksc75smile:

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #2,182 of 3,690
I'm pretty sure the new knob was mentioned a few weeks back.

I just got a Vali 2. I notice the volume knob has been changed to something similar to Magni 3, Loki Mini.

42962052492_937b7e687a_b.jpg

This

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #2,185 of 3,690
Nope. There are still minor scratches here and there.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #2,187 of 3,690
Anywho.....my Vali 2 arrived yesterday and upon first launch I was quite underwhelmed. Treble was kinda weird, bass was lacking on HiFiMan 560 and AKG K7xx. Things sounded dull. I couldn't see ANY text or info on the stock tube at all. Nada. I've read here about several people who were pleased with the stock tube. Not me. So in preperation for me NOT liking the named (or unnamed) stock tube, I had purchased a Phillips PCC88. A World of difference with the Phillips!! I used to think tubes mostly sounded the same.........not anymore. Now the little Vali 2 will most likely stay in the stable. The Phillips actually provided more powa too. So today I am pleased. I hope I will enjoy this as much as Schiit enjoys my $149 bux. Plus shipping.

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2,188 of 3,690
Anywho.....my Vali 2 arrived yesterday and upon first launch I was quite underwhelmed.

That's the standard reaction of a new Vali 2 owner. That tube is put there for the sole purpose of making it easier to compare it withe the sound of another tube. in other words, it's essentially neutral on purpose. Head over to the "Vali 2 tube rolling" thread to see what other tubes users have found.

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #2,189 of 3,690
That's the standard reaction of a new Vali 2 owner. That tube is put there for the sole purpose of making it easier to compare it withe the sound of another tube. in other words, it's essentially neutral on purpose. Head over to the "Vali 2 tube rolling" thread to see what other tubes users have found.

I didn't even find it neutral. I thought it was poor. Just mho. Maybe I'll get a magnifying glass to revisit the stock tube. Whew! That tube rolling thread is long!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back