*Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread*
Nov 26, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #2,164 of 2,577
So I've been having feedback issues from my Modi 2. I get this little static click noise every couple minutes. I've isolated it to the Modi 2 (tested different RCAs, USBs, ports, headphones, sources, everything). I contacted Schiit twice, and sent it in for repair. They did nothing about it, and said there was nothing wrong with it. I can clearly hear the issue recurring when I switch from my onboard DAC to the Modi 2. I can't find any solution, and Schiit won't help. What do I do? 

My setup is Mac Mini/iPhone 6s-->Modi 2-->Magni 2--> HD600/HD598/SE215 if that helps. Any advice/help is very much appreciated.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #2,165 of 2,577
  So I've been having feedback issues from my Modi 2. I get this little static click noise every couple minutes. I've isolated it to the Modi 2 (tested different RCAs, USBs, ports, headphones, sources, everything). I contacted Schiit twice, and sent it in for repair. They did nothing about it, and said there was nothing wrong with it. I can clearly hear the issue recurring when I switch from my onboard DAC to the Modi 2. I can't find any solution, and Schiit won't help. What do I do? 

My setup is Mac Mini/iPhone 6s-->Modi 2-->Magni 2--> HD600/HD598/SE215 if that helps. Any advice/help is very much appreciated.

Did you try a different location and a power line filter? Perhaps it's electrical noise or some form of EMI/RFI. It could be something as simple as an air conditioner or refrigerator turning on or off. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,166 of 2,577

Does the sound cut? Maybe it's your USB cable? A bad cable would usually manifest in sound dropping out. Or maybe the power delivery from your PC isn't great

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #2,171 of 2,577
So I just ordered a SYS to use with my stack so I can more easily switch between speakers and headphones.

Order received by Schiit at 9:32AM.

Order shipped 9:54AM.

!!

That's the fastest fulfill ever. Restaurants take longer to bring you your meal.

Also, wow am I loving this uber 2 stack. Paired with Alpha Primes, I just get lost in the music. I can't believe I didn't do this ages ago. I always thought, paying that much makes no sense when onboard audio and phones sound so good these days. Wow was I wrong.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #2,172 of 2,577
I just got the Magni 2 and am using it with Audioquest Dragonfly v. 1.2 DAC from the laptop.  Magni 2 sounds good but just a little too bright for my taste.  Is this a known characteristic of this amp?  Can I expect the brightness to calm down with some burn in?  Really good sounding amp, but damn, just too bright.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #2,173 of 2,577
  I just got the modi 2 and am using it with Audioquest Dragonfly v. 1.2 DAC from the laptop.  Modi 2 sounds good but just a little too bright for my taste.  Is this a known characteristic of this amp?  Can I expect the brightness to calm down with some burn in?  Really good sounding amp, but damn, just too bright.

What phones are you using with the Modi 2?

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #2,175 of 2,577
So, I've decided to step up my DAC/Amp game from an original Micca OriGen to a Modi 2 with a Magni 2 Uber. I assume this should work for me, as I'm only going to be using it on my computer. I need the Magni 2 Uber for the pre-outs on the back, but I should be good with just the vanilla Modi 2, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back