Official Progressive Metal Thread (Metal/Djent/instrumental/jazz/fusion)
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #46 of 549
Honestly, I think we (as progressive rock/metal etc. genres fans) should rather combine those threads into one "Progressive rock/metal/jazz/djent/instrumental/fusion" thread. Would be much easier to keep track on new things and old discoveries than several threads which will die out eventually because not so wide favor (generally speaking) of those genres.

I would change thread title and delete/close other threads.

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #47 of 549
Honestly, I think we (as progressive rock/metal etc. genres fans) should rather combine those threads into one "Progressive rock/metal/jazz/djent/instrumental/fusion" thread. Would be much easier to keep track on new things and old discoveries than several threads which will die out eventually because not so wide favor (generally speaking) of those genres.

I agree

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #49 of 549
If that's what you really want, there's no need to start another thread.

You can still change the title of this thread with the "Thread Tools" pulldown menu next to the "Subscribe To Thread" option at the beginning of the thread. These are in the upper right above your first post. You can title this thread whatever you want.

I've made small tweaks to my thread titles on several occasions. It's no big deal.
That's great. I agree too. Done it many times and will heed your solid advice bro.

"Instrumental" implies no vocals to me btw. Is that what you want?
Yes, no vocals. So, so much stuff out there and a TON I can share with all from what I listen too.

It boiled down too I didn't even want to get into it with some members (especially 1) in the prog rock thread. It's really only one member really but bottom line, I just didn't want to deal with them and their snide remarks. I deal with that enough at work and believe me, this is my escape. I'm plenty thick skinned but sometimes it's just better to move on and start something new. Prog rock spans an indefinite amount of genres.

Yep, I'll do that. It's really easy to do and have done it many times. I can do that with this thread but I didn't start the Prog Rock thread so I can't do anything with that one obviously. Thanx for the idea man!

Me too!
Now back to the music

Jan 20, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #50 of 549
Ok check this unheard of band out by just about everyone. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to start another thread.....but here you go and make up your own mind if it belongs. Crank it up

Jazz Pistols: Tough stuff

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #51 of 549

I disagree. Covering that many bases would make it very difficult to keep up with all the posts. Plus, people that like prog rock may not like prog metal and vice versa. That is not that big a deal, but it will be hard to figure out what is what when browsing. I like having two distinct threads for metal and rock.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #52 of 549
Ok check this unheard of band out by just about everyone. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to start another thread.....but here you go and make up your own mind if it belongs. Crank it up

Jazz Pistols: Tough stuff

It belongs here. Never heard of them before, but it make sense why they are called Jazz Pistols :). Its not bad, its actually quite good.

I am with the others, it's better to have one thread than many and why be so narrow. Lets broaden our music knowledge and get richer intellectually.

For my sake you can post whatever music you want as long as it's good..:)

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #53 of 549
Maybe I’m just not understanding you guys.
What you just posted I whole heartedly agree. I DONT want to post the songs that I have been posting in the prog rock thread. Too much negativity (especially 1 poster but who gives a Schiit anyway. Just don’t want to deal with it as I do all day at work. I’m here to relax, learn and enjoy)
Even though it's still prog rock in it's own way, progressive metal and the like deserves it's own thread, thus the reason I started it up.
Is that what you guys are saying? I already changed the title and some verbiage in the body of the OP in this thread. If this is what you guys mean, I agree and I’ll keep posting what I've been.....and more

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #56 of 549
Maybe I’m just not understanding you guys.
What you just posted I whole heartedly agree. I DONT want to post the songs that I have been posting in the prog rock thread. Too much negativity (especially 1 poster but who gives a Schiit anyway. Just don’t want to deal with it as I do all day at work. I’m here to relax, learn and enjoy)
Even though it's still prog rock in it's own way, progressive metal and the like deserves it's own thread, thus the reason I started it up.
Is that what you guys are saying? I already changed the title and some verbiage in the body of the OP in this thread. If this is what you guys mean, I agree and I’ll keep posting what I've been.....and more

Ultimately, man, it's your thread. Do what you want with it and if we don't like it, we can just **** off. :wink:

I'm just happy to be here discovering new bands and talking to people about music. That really is a rare and valuable thing for me.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #57 of 549
Ultimately, man, it's your thread. Do what you want with it and if we don't like it, we can just **** off. :wink:

I'm just happy to be here discovering new bands and talking to people about music. That really is a rare and valuable thing for me.
It's all good bro. It's really not about it being my thread and I get what you're saying. It's about sharing what I like in this genre while hoping everyone else posts some stuff I haven't discovered yet. I'm just leaving it the way it is with 1 caveat. I will keep the updated thread title the way it is because to ME, all those different "sub genres" all fit into progressive metal. I don't know because I don't know anything except for the music I like. :metal::v:
Keep posting away guys.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #58 of 549

LOL. Perfectly said bro. I think this thread will be just fine. :laughing:

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #59 of 549
For something completely different. I believe these guys are from Italy? I probably should have went to Wiki....oh well. Anyway, these guys are very interesting. I'm trying to post stuff that a lot of us may never have heard of before. I really like this band.

Glass Mind: Babel

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #60 of 549
Sigh - "Aletheia" from "Heir to Despair." Japanese prog metal with folk influences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back