Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Feb 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #197 of 405
$100 in tolls ??? Must be a parallel universe, $30 - $40 maybe.

edit: Actually about $43 in tolls from center city Philadelphia.

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #198 of 405
I just checked my schedule and unfortunately due to something silly such as me working that day I will be unable to make it.

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #199 of 405
Not sure if this has been asked before, but will the JH3A combo be making an appearance at this years NYC meetup? Either a demo unit or god forbid, a delivered order :)

As a rule, are IEM demos something that happens at these events (assuming head-fiers have good hygiene) or is it a bit personal?

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #200 of 405
Just want to confirm that I'll be there.

Quote:

Skip Penn Station. Take the Metro-North Railroad to GCT, then take the 7 Express subway to Flushing/Main St in Queens (where it terminates). Transfer to LIRR there and take it to Bayside. From Bayside you can either take a bus or walk to the hotel (for walking, see the map on the previous page). If walking, there's a nice Greek restaurant on the way.
wink.gif

FYI for folks in Manhattan or passing through: the 7 Express subway stops at Times Square on 42nd and at GCT.

All good except one minor detail, there are no 7 'express' trains on the weekends, only local, so any 7 train heading into Queens will do.

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #202 of 405
As long as the weather is good, I expect to make it.

I'll bring:
MHDT labs Havana, WooAudio GES, Stax O2 mk1, Headamp GS-1.

I am thinking I will setup in the alternate room so that it's quieter.
With any bit of luck, I'll finally get to compare the LCD-2 to my O2.

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #204 of 405
Quote:
I'm talking both ways, unless exiting NYC is not as expensive as entering.

well bridges around nyc generally have tolls in only one direction, so the math might not be as simple as multiplying by 2. perhaps you could coordinate and share expenses with others traveling from your vicinity. yikes &  jp#s are in pa & ross (baka####) might be too. and there are some folks in so. nj that might be coming too, such as frankl, and there are some folks coming from other parts of jersey too (eg. wavoman, nikongod). poke around and you might find others too.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #206 of 405

Quote:

From Brooklyn, take LIRR to Jamaica, then Woodside, then Bayside (transfer between trains at each stop). No need to go into Manhattan at all.

Thanks Asr, looks easy enough  :wink:

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #207 of 405
I may be bringing my Grub+SSMH combo, along with whatever headphones I might have by then - probably still the K501, HD580, maybe a DT770/80, maybe a pair of Sextetts. Pretty simple stuff. I might also be bringing a friend with HF2s, a uDac, and an SSMH.

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #208 of 405
Since I really would like to attend and I am willing to go up please PM me if you want to go. I have a vasn and would be willing to go up with some guys as log as nothing comes up. So PM me South jersey and philly guys. Jimmy how you getting there

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #209 of 405

Quote:
well that'd suck if you were a no show. would yer wife tolerate you giving her the morning, giving your h-f buds the afternoon, and your poker buds the evening (with mebbe a stop at home between the events, perhaps to share dinner)?

It would be a bit tough, especially since I'm going up to my buddy's house in upstate NY this weeked for the Estrogen Escape Extravaganza - A weekend filled with jamming, beer, snowmobiling (if there's snow on the ground), ATVing (if there's no snow) and general slothing around, but the possibility exists.

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #210 of 405

Quote:
I'm talking both ways, unless exiting NYC is not as expensive as entering.

Yes, that is correct.  The Verrazano only has a toll  entering Brooklyn but not entering Staten Island.  Same thing with the GW.  No toll going to New Jersey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back