Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #211 of 405

Quote:

Yes, that is correct.  The Verrazano only has a toll  entering Brooklyn but not entering Staten Island.  Same thing with the GW.  No toll going to New Jersey.

Best way is over the GW and then the Throgs Neck from philly are. Its a 2:15 minute ride. i am working on putting few guys in my van and coming up

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #212 of 405
Well I will be travelling with Frank so I don't have to worry about that now 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #213 of 405

Quote:
Best way is over the GW and then the Throgs Neck from philly are. Its a 2:15 minute ride. i am working on putting few guys in my van and coming up

If you take the Verrazano then you only have 1 toll instead of the GW and the Throgs Neck. FYI, on the the Throgs Neck you pay going both ways.  In terms of time it should be about the same and since you're getting a bunch of guys together cost isn't an issue.  Either way is good, depending on what you're comfortable with and traffic.  On a Saturday it shouldn't make much difference.

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #214 of 405

Quote:
If you take the Verrazano then you only have 1 toll instead of the GW and the Throgs Neck. FYI, on the the Throgs Neck you pay going both ways.  In terms of time it should be about the same and since you're getting a bunch of guys together cost isn't an issue.  Either way is good, depending on what you're comfortable with and traffic.  On a Saturday it shouldn't make much difference.

Yes that right thanks for bringing it up. Belt Pkw to cross Island up to Northern Blv. I grew up in Bensonhurst so it will be fun going home. Are you going to make it? The list looks like Aaron has not updated and would be nice to know how many guys going.

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #215 of 405

Quote:
Just want to confirm that I'll be there.

Quote:

All good except one minor detail, there are no 7 'express' trains on the weekends, only local, so any 7 train heading into Queens will do.

That's what I thought too, I was about to check when I saw your post (the MTA is such a joke at times).  The 7 local probably is still better then going to Penn station.

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #222 of 405

Quote:

That's the longer way to go. Instead of taking the Turnpike to exit 18 to the GW, take exit 10 to the Outerbridge Crossing to the Staten Island Expressway (East) towards the Verazanno (no toll in that direction), to the Belt Parkway East, to The Cross Island Parkway split, then to Northern Blvd. You are taking the hypotenuse of the trip.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #225 of 405
glad to hear that you guys were able to coordinate on the ride side of things. it should be a fun road trip. maybe you should try and get yikes on board yer bus - that'll liven things up
tongue.gif
wink.gif
eek.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

and welcome home Frank!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back