Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #392 of 405
That is a very impressive stand indeed

Quote:

Well while you are promoting your product Vinnie, I might as well make my own shout out:

I will be bringing a new style headphone stand I made.  Similar to the full-size design I've made before, but this time the top is smaller for a single headphone.
I wanted it smaller so I could put a dust cover over my O2 while they are on the stand.
My dad has shown interest in making a few of these singles if there is a market for them. 

If you have any comments or suggestions my dad and I would be VERY appreciative to hear them.  I always appreciate honest feedback.

Thank you kindly,
~Drew

PS:  Can't wait.  Packing up now and heading out at 5am.  Hope to make it there before the traffic gets bad.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #396 of 405

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying the directions.  So if we don't make the train, is it better to take the N20/21 bus or just wait for the next train?

Don't bother with the N20/21. You might as well walk from Flushing at the rate those buses come..or at least that's what it feels like. If you are going to take the bus the Q12 is a better idea and it basically runs from Northern Blvd around 10 minutes after the Flushing stop and should lead you pretty close to the hotel.

I'm so bummed I can't make it. Originally it was going to work out but last couple weeks of scheduling made it not work out. With UE being there I may have gotten one of the UE customs as well..

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #397 of 405
I'm bringing the Anedio D1 DAC with my Netbook (which is less than ideal) - it doesn't have a CD player so if you want to demo it please bring a USB drive with music, I'll be running J. River Media Center 15.  The Anedio gets a bit fuller sound out of the desktop vs. the netbook as the netbook fails USB latency tester - so it's not ideal, but it's the best I can do on :)  Either way it should give you a good idea of how the DAC sounds.  Of course you can also bring your own transport as it has BNC, Coaxial, Toslink inputs as well as USB.

My only request is that if I'm there I can try your headphones with the D1 as I'm looking to demo as many headphones with the D1 to find a good synergy. 

I plan to visit from Noon to 2pm - see you guys then!

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #398 of 405
I'll be bringing my stock HD650s & stock K701s and if I can find a way to lug it, my Audio-GD FUN.  It looks like I will be taking public transportation as well.  What a drag.  

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #400 of 405

Quote:
Someone please bring ATH M50.

I asked like 3 times. I really want to hear them.

Ari, I should be able to bring them, along with DT250 velour pads, but I need to tape those up so they don't sound like crap. I think I'll also be bringing my K501, but I don't know if I'll be able to bring my amp and other equipment. Looks like I'll be getting there around noon or 1pm, and won't stay for long, but we'll see. As a disclaimer I will say that there's no guarantee that I will be able to bring anything, so someone else should cover for me so I don't feel bad :frowning2:

Anyway I'm sure there's going to be an M50 there besides mine, there's so many people in attendance.

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #401 of 405
Sorry Friends, I am il, and since I was only able to sleep for about an hour I've decided that it would be unwise for me to drive 2+ hours each way to attend the meet.

I hope that someone else reads this in time and brings some paper and pens for the auction. I realize that few are as loud mouthed as I am, but several other regulars are no slouches in that department so hopefully someone else will step into my size 15 shoes.

Have a good time.

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #402 of 405

Quote:
Sorry Friends, I am il, and since I was only able to sleep for about an hour I've decided that it would be unwise for me to drive 2+ hours each way to attend the meet.

I hope that someone else reads this in time and brings some paper and pens for the auction. I realize that few are as loud mouthed as I am, but several other regulars are no slouches in that department so hopefully someone else will step into my size 15 shoes.

Have a good time.

That sucks Ethan. I hope you feel better quickly!

Aaron, I still have the original bidding forms I created way back when in MS Word format. Let me know if you want me to email the document to print out for the meet. Call me or post here.

Have a great time everyone. I will look forward to impressions & pics, pics, pics!

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #403 of 405

Quote:
Someone please bring ATH M50.

I asked like 3 times. I really want to hear them.

I will!  I have the straight cable version.  My name is Chris, and I'll be the young guy with the cane.

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #405 of 405
Gonna lock this thread. I assume everyone who is going is going, and not...well, not.

Please post impressions & pics by creating a thread in:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back