Quote:
Quote:
Meets can be addicting.

Can be?

It's like crack.

Didn't want to scare them away.  Get them hooked first 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #168 of 405
 Portable/small foot print tube amps are on my wish list of things to hear. 

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #169 of 405

Quote:
I have both of those amps, though the jacks are a bit loose on the P51.  I'm not going to really have a table since I can't carry too much stuff, but if you ask me, I no probably letting you use them to compare and figure if either are for you.  And I know the feeling of that first meet.  It's more exciting after you've been to one.  Meets can be addicting.

Wow, That seems so nice thanks!  That would be great! I'm preparing myself, my wallet and my girlfriend for the lifelong addiction.  

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #170 of 405
If you can actually prepare your girlfriend, then she's a keeper!

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #171 of 405
Feb 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #172 of 405
darnit aaron, i want to come this year too, i know i bailed pretty last minute last year, but the same problem is coming up again. I dont have enough leave to go to all the concerts i want to in the next few months and also take the days i would need to drive all the way to new york :frowning2: you guys have fun though! ill make it out one of these days!

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #173 of 405
Doesn't look like my omega2 mk2 will be here in time to make it to the party. I'll be bringing the hd800 instead, either alone, or with some sort of simple amp/dac setup.

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #175 of 405
It's fun to get together and talk with people, but it's also nice when you get to try other peoples setups.  That does, of course, require other people to actually bring setups.  ^_^

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #176 of 405
I just want to let you guys know that I'm going to donate some Sennheiser HD555 to the silent auction.  So, bring your massive amounts of money to buy this sweet potato.  

Well, I'm going to bring my setup: the Ipod touch 3g > W3.  I know you all will be fighting to hear this bad boy combination.  Personally, I feel like it is very detailed (compared to what I have heard) but lacking in umph (sp?).  To my ears, the bass is lacking and the it sounds kinda "thin." However, it does sound really nice with Norah Jones .  What really made me realize the "lacking" bass was when I listened to "Chasing Pirates."  It just wasn't as fun.  Yes, the song "Chasing Pirates" has given me the upgrade itch.  I was wondering if it was the W3 at first.  But I tried them out of my Auzentech forte and the bass was there, just not form my Ipod Touch 3g.  My goal to to get the detail of the Ipod Touch with better bass. Now you have all heard the saga of how I contracted the wallet killing upgradeitis.  

It'll be wonderful to meet you all.  

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #177 of 405
I will be bringing some K81 DJs that I hope to have recabled by then, though I have been super lazy :) also my set of Meelec M6s and at least one cmoy.Not a great lineup, but I have just started on my audio journey...

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #178 of 405

Quote:
revolink24,

When you catch your train to Grand Central or better yet Penn Station, please know that It is only a 22 minute ride on the LIRR, and from there you can catch a 3 minute cab ride to the meet. I would offer to pick you up, but the host is always in the middle of insanity and putting out fires.
For my job, I travel back and forth to Rochester every couple of weeks (usually fly, and then get stuck overnight because of the snow, but being a 21 year Xerox veteran, I can say that I love that city (although it's too damn cold from October until May). There's an old joke about Rochester, and that is, there are 2 seasons in Rochester. August and winter 
smile.gif

Aaron, Thanks for setting this up and I am in.  I have to say I do not know Queens at all, so I need some help being sure I know how to get there by train.  I assume I go to GCT as usual when I go to the NYC, then use the subway to get to Penn Station which is the same as going to MSG and finally take the LIRR to Bayside.  The train rides add up to an hour and twenty minutes, so when you add in the subway and wait times it is going to take at least 2 hours of travel time.  From my house it is a 3 minute drive to the Pleasantville train station and I can walk it in 10 minutes.   Since you say the Bayside train station to the meet hotel is 3 minutes by cab can I assume it is a 10 minutes walk?  If the weather is nice is it reasonable to walk from the station to the hotel?  Is it safe to walk in that area?    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back