Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #347 of 405

Since I will move to China on April, I will bring a lot of prototype earphone and headphone samples, my extra stuff such as toshiba DVD, westhouse TV, Qinpu small speakers and a whole batch of refurbished hifiman products to the meet and do a moving sale.

In addition, HFIMAN HE-500 planar driver headphones final version will be in the meet.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 17, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #348 of 405
Fang, are the he500s the phone formerly known as the he6p?  also, will you be bringing a version of the ef6 amp (for the he6s) and an 801 with an he6 amp module?
sorry to hear your leaving our area. we'll feel the loss. hopefully you continue to come to our meets!

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #349 of 405
Hello everyone,

On behalf of Ultimate Ears, I am excited to let everyone know that we will be sending a team member to the meet.  We plan to bring universal-fit versions of our custom in-ear monitors so that everyone can try them.  We've also arranged for an audiologist to be at the meet for a few hours so we may learn something new about hearing and listening.  The audiologist will also be available to take impressions, which will be free of charge if you decide to use the impression for future purchase with us, or a separate charge to the audiologist if you simply want an impression taken and purchase an custom monitor from another company.

Happy listening!

Vincent

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #350 of 405
that's great Vincent - glad to see you on board.  who is the audiologist? someone local or are you bringing someone in from the left coast?  for those who just want to have impressions in hand how much will they cost?

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #351 of 405
Ohhh I hope I'm able to go, I want to hear those HE500s again...

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #352 of 405

Quote:
I hope someone plans to bring a decent camera. 

I would rather have a good photographer at the meet than an average joe with a 'decent camera'. 

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #353 of 405
i didn't know that average joe was coming to the meet, although you may have just made him feel unwelcome.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #354 of 405

Quote:
Fang, are the he500s the phone formerly know as the he6p?  also, will you be bringing a version of the ef6 amp (for the he6s) and an 801 with an he6 amp module?
sorry to hear your leaving our area. we'll feel the loss. hopefully you continue to come to our meets!

Hi Dave, HE500 are the headphones formerly know as HE-6P. I will bring HM-801 balanced amp module, but EF6 is still not ready yet. I will try to make NYC meet in the future because I will come to US every year for several times.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #357 of 405
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #358 of 405
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #360 of 405
Audiologist will be someone local, but we haven't finalized the schedule with a particular person yet.  We will let everyone know who that is and you should be able to get that person's contact info at the met as well.  Since we haven't finalized the arrangement with the audiologist, I can't tell you exactly how much it would cost to have an impression made, but typically I have seen it being between $50 to $80 per pair.

Quote:
that's great Vincent - glad to see you on board.  who is the audiologist? someone local or are you bringing someone in from the left coast?  for those who just want to have impressions in hand how much will they cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back