Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #331 of 405

Quote:

No, usually someone prints them up or we use ones from staples. Unfortunately, I have been away for 3 weeks with a new job. I'm actually in Northern Maine right now.

I purposely picked up a call in Mineola for Friday, which should only take a half a day, so they can't send me away. It would be ludicrious to miss my own party.

I have some small ones now but I may need a big fly swatter.  That is to prevent people from plugging or unplugging stuff from the amps/DACs without muting the volume pot first...

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #332 of 405

Quote:
Dark tower on cassette??  Holy crap, that must be a TON of cassettes!

I have them on mp3. 

You're not kidding.  When my friend handed them off to me, he gave me a shopping bag full that weighed about 30 lbs.  He isn't expecting to get them back anytime soon.

My original plan was to rip them to MP3 as well, but I really did end up getting a car with a cassette player. 

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #333 of 405

Quote:
If I come, is there room for my receiver and turntable? I could put the turntable on top of the receiver, as it works fine that way. It is about 18 inches wide, so please anybody tell me if there will be a problem. 

You have no problems GG.

Quote:

My original plan was to rip them to MP3 as well, but I really did end up getting a car with a cassette player. 

What's a cassette player. Is that like one of those things with 8-tracks?
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #335 of 405
Everyone is encouraged to go through their toy collection and consider donating Audio/Computer/Music/Video items for the Not So Silent Auction. Proceeds from the NSSA go to pay for the room. The more the auction generates it means that there will be less need for Donations.

Please remember to bring cash for bidding on cool items. I seriously lament that last time I didn't have enough cash to win the Grado RS1's, so try not to emulate me. Bring lots a cash :wink:

As an aside if the shipping gods smile on us I will be bringing the Prototype of Exemplar Audio's upcoming Statement Headphone Amplifier. John Tucker would like some feedback from those golden ears amongst us.

E

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #336 of 405
I'll definitely be bringing a few goodies for the NSSA:  chief among them, a set of poor condition yet functional normal-bias gammas! 

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #337 of 405
Anyone making name tags? Or should I bring blanks, if I can get away from work (15 hour days).

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #339 of 405

My Lyr will be arriving JUST in time to get to the meet!  I might need a little more room now as I'll have the Woo 6SE and Lyr running off a DAC from my MBP.  

I also got confirmation that I'll have the Norse 8-conductor cables (for LCD-2s) in time.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #340 of 405

Quote:
Two questions:

1.) Anyone coming from Jersey?  I live just north of Morristown and am trying to decide if I should take public transportation or drive (~2 hours vs ~1 hour, according to google maps).  Anyone know how bad the traffic tends to be on a Saturday coming from my area?

2.) Could somebody, anybody puuuuuuulleeeeeeeezzzzeee bring some single flange tips that fit Future Sonics Atrios that they wouldn't mind me trying out/buying off them?  I'm on a warpath to find the best tips for the Atrios.  Tips that would fit include most Shure, Klipsch, Etymotic, Westone....my findings will be written up here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536912/review-future-sonics-atrios-comparison-between-different-tips

Thoughts, anyone?

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #341 of 405
Mar 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #342 of 405
I have to work sat morning,so I will be there in the afternoon.
Probabely will bring my melos
HP1
jaben Alumod sr80is
sacd 1000

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #343 of 405

Quote:

Thoughts, anyone?

Assuming you are taking the GWB across: if you get to the GWB at a leisurely 930 you will roll up a little after 10, but you wont miss much of anything except first pick at a table. After 9am traffic should not be particularly bad. Maybe a few sticky spots, but generally smooth sailing. 

There isnt a "start time" or sign in. Its a very informal thing. People filter in and out at all odd hours... There is an unwritten rule that the meet doesn't actually start until Bozebuttons shows up. It is still important to get there early so you can listen to a bunch of other stuff to adequately appreciate how awesome his gear is. 

Plan to stay for dinner if you can. Its not worth getting stuck in "escape NY" traffic, and a great way to spend a couple more hours hanging out. The drive home will be a million times better for it.

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #344 of 405
Quote:
I have to work sat morning,so I will be there in the afternoon.

Quote:
 There is an unwritten rule that the meet doesn't actually start until Bozebuttons shows up.

it's a good thing that the meet doesn't start until i show up...
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:
Assuming you are taking the GWB across: if you get to the GWB at a leisurely 930 you will roll up a little after 10, but you wont miss much of anything except first pick at a table. After 9am traffic should not be particularly bad. Maybe a few sticky spots, but generally smooth sailing. 

There isnt a "start time" or sign in. Its a very informal thing. People filter in and out at all odd hours... There is an unwritten rule that the meet doesn't actually start until Bozebuttons shows up. It is still important to get there early so you can listen to a bunch of other stuff to adequately appreciate how awesome his gear is. 

Plan to stay for dinner if you can. Its not worth getting stuck in "escape NY" traffic, and a great way to spend a couple more hours hanging out. The drive home will be a million times better for it.

as usual, sage advice from the god of nikon. 

Quote:
Probabely will bring my melos
HP1
jaben Alumod sr80is
sacd 1000

great line up from the bozey hit parade!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back