Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 17, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #361 of 405
Hello all - I'm Mike Dias and I'll be the UE rep at the event. I know some of you from past events and I'm looking forward to making new friends while there. And besides from the audiologist - of course we'll also have show specials. If anyone has been considering getting a UE custom product - this is a great time to do it. Free impressions and a big discount. Not bad! And better yet - we'll have demos that you can check out and listen to. Feel free to ask any questions in the thread or PM me.

Mike

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #363 of 405
I will be there

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #364 of 405
I would rather have a good photographer at the meet than an average joe with a 'decent camera'. 

I'll be there with my camera gear. It will be up to you to decide if I'm good enough.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #365 of 405

Quote:
Thoughts, anyone?

Sometimes I think about what the world would be like if we saw ourselves as equals and we didn't kills thousands of people because they wore uniforms of a different color (inspired by Rush). Could you imagine how far along we would be as a humane society, if, instead of blowing stuff up, we joined forces and cured all of the diseases that cause us such pain and sorrow.

Also, why bring out SACD and DVD-Audio? Didn't we learn our lesson from the Betamax Vs. VHS war. 

Isn't HDMI good enough? It's got everything you would ever need in one cable.

Why did the world's population cut down on wheat fields to grow corn and sunflowers. It costs the same to use to operate a car, and it made most prices related to food (from preparation to delivery, soar).

Why can't we find a cure for cancer and the common cold, but we can make triple layer boards that can make amazing electronic products.

Why does a i7 computer cost as much as a couch from Maurice Vallency, which is basically just a cow and some metal. A computer is an engineering marvel.

What is all this talk about "the cloud" while we deal with an antiquated school system. and roads where, until I get out of NYC, my wife and I hsve to ride the pegs on a SuperSort as if I am riding dirt on a Kawasaki KZ125.

Why do I have to sacrifice brand name toothpaste, so I can fill my tank with gas, and it's only 10% ethanol made from corn and sunflower seeds.

Just a few thoughts, since you asked....

Quote:
I hope someone plans to bring a decent camera. 

I can bring a decent camera, but what should I do with it?

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #366 of 405

Since I will move to China on April, I will bring a lot of prototype earphone and headphone samples, my extra stuff such as toshiba DVD, westhouse TV, Qinpu small speakers and a whole batch of refurbished hifiman products to the meet and do a moving sale.

In addition, HFIMAN HE-500 planar driver headphones final version will be in the meet.

Hi Fang,

Thanks for attending!

If you have anything you planned to ship me for the May 7th Philadelphia Meet, I can collect it there to save the shipping if you don't need it for the 6 weeks between.

-Lee

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #367 of 405

Quote:
Hello all - I'm Mike Dias and I'll be the UE rep at the event. I know some of you from past events and I'm looking forward to making new friends while there. And besides from the audiologist - of course we'll also have show specials. 
Mike

Great to have you back in the NY scene, Mike. I missed you, terribly. For anyone that doesn't know Mike, I would put him in the "great guy category" along with Vinnie, Fang, Drew, and countless others.
If you've been thinking about getting a set of impressions for a long time, not only is it free, but you don't even have to step outside to have them done. That, and the meet discounts will make it far more that worthwhile if you ever wanted to own a pair of high quality customs.
Not only that, but UE is being generous enough to have some of their products entered into the silent auction, which I'm sure that Yikes will have a blast making you guys compete against each other, for a price you won't find anywhere else.

Between UE and Head-Direct, we will be running the gauntlet of IEMs available for "Crazie Eddie" insane prices 
smile.gif
. Pair that with a pair of TWAG or Blue Dragon balanced cables, and you will have everything that you need for audio bliss. Maybe we can ask Fang to offer his 262's with removable cables.

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #368 of 405

Quote:
I have to work sat morning,so I will be there in the afternoon.
Probably will bring my melos
HP1
jaben Alumod sr80is
sacd 1000

Just in time to unpack all of your expensive gear, receive a phone call that satellite parts fell on your house, and then pack up all of your gear, kiss the host and then drive home with high levels of anxiety in your heart and throat.
I'll put a brownie in a napkin with your name on it (unless you are one of the poor souls being tormented due to diabetes being a part of your life).

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #370 of 405
"If you've been thinking about getting a set of impressions for a long time, not only is it free, but you don't even have to step outside to have them done. That, and the meet discounts will make it far more that worthwhile if you ever wanted to own a pair of high quality customs.
Not only that, but UE is being generous enough to have some of their products entered into the silent auction, which I'm sure that Yikes will have a blast making you guys compete against each other, for a price you won't find anywhere else."

Thank you Aaron. And yes - UE will be donating 3 things to the silent auction. A triple.fi, a Logitech speaker station, and another surprise. I'll have demo ears to listen to so anyone can check out our new Reference Monitors and our latest UE-18's. And if anyone is interested in buying a set, like I mentioned before - there will be an audiologist on site in the afternoon (impressions will be free if you are going to purchase) and we'll also be offering a 25% discount for the show only. But mostly I'll be there to answer questions and to let you take a test drive. And hopefully - I'll have a bit of time to walk around and listen to everyone's gear. It's been a few years since I've gone to a meet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #372 of 405
Quote:
Why can't we find a cure for cancer

cancer can be cured more often than folks think, but still not often enough. the trick is catching it early enough. too often by the time it's found and diagnosed it's spread, at which point cure becomes difficult, though control is sometimes possible. cancer is not one disease, but scores, perhaps hundreds, of different diseases with certain common features that gets labeled under the name 'cancer'. they require different approaches, but there cannot a a single cure for many many different entities.

glad you asked? 
wink.gif

Quote:
Looks like I'll be there, with some gear in tow. :)
Anybody know whether or not wifi works in the meet room?

cool - glad you're able to join us! not sure about the wifi, though i'd guess so. Aaron probably could give you a more definitive answer.

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #373 of 405
Maybe yes and maybe no now. Not sure if I can make it to Saturdays meet. I hope you all have a lot of fun.

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #374 of 405
I'm so pumped I may not sleep tonight. Got to get all my gear(what little I have) packed tonight so I can make my trek from Brooklyn in the morning, alotting for getting lost :wink:

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #375 of 405

Quote:
Quote:
I would rather have a good photographer at the meet than an average joe with a 'decent camera'. 

I'll be there with my camera gear. It will be up to you to decide if I'm good enough.

I have full confidence your photos will be nice after having seen your flickr photos.
Make sure you say tomorrow.  It's always nice to meet another photographer.  I'll be the one there with a measly D50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back