Official NYC Spring 2011 Meet March 19th
Mar 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #376 of 405
Folks, I am trying to plan my travel to the meet in detail and I need a little help (sorry for not knowing more about Queens
confused_face%281%29.gif
).  I will do the following:

Take Metro North Harlem Line to GCT - On Saturdays trains arrive at :09 and :44 every hour between 9:44 AM and 1:44 PM

Take Number 7 (local, no express) subway train from GCT to Flushing, Queens (end of the line for this train)

Take LIRR from Flushing to Bayside - Train leaves Flushing at :38 every hour.  Walk fron LIRR to Ramada (weather looks good for tomorrow
normal_smile%20.gif
).

My questions are about the Number 7 subway train are:

Does anyone know about how often the 7 train runs on weekends (every 5, 10, 15 minutes)?  

About how long is the ride from GCT to Flushing?

When I get to the Flushing stop is the connection to the LIRR in the same station (like at GCT) or do I have to go out of the station and cross the street to get to the LIRR?

My concern is if I arrive at GCT at 11:09 AM is there enough time to get the 7 Train and make it to Flushing in time to catch the 11:38 AM LIRR train to Bayside?  Or do I have to get to GCT at 10:44 AM to be able to catch the 11:38 AM at Flushing?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #377 of 405

Quote:

Isn't HDMI good enough? It's got everything you would ever need in one cable.  

A thought on your thoughts. 
biggrin.gif
  The connectors on HDMI cables really are poor (they basically suck), will explain more tomorrow.

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #378 of 405
Quote:

Does anyone know about how often the 7 train runs on weekends (every 5, 10, 15 minutes)?  

The 7 runs about every 10 minutes on the weekends.  

Quote:

About how long is the ride from GCT to Flushing?

The ride from GCT to Flushing will take anywhere from 40-50 minutes.

Quote:
When I get to the Flushing stop is the connection to the LIRR in the same station (like at GCT) or do I have to go out of the station and cross the street to get to the LIRR?

You will have to get out of the Flushing 7 station and walk to the LIRR station (south on Main St. about 2 blocks / you'll see the LIRR overpass.)  

I'll need someone else to confirm this but I think you can take the LIRR train from the Woodside station as well - the Woodside station is connected to the LIRR station (unlike the Flushing station) so you just have to follow the signs.  The ride from GCT to the 61st Woodside station would only take 25-35 minutes.

Quote:

My concern is if I arrive at GCT at 11:09 AM is there enough time to get the 7 Train and make it to Flushing in time to catch the 11:38 AM LIRR train to Bayside?  Or do I have to get to GCT at 10:44 AM to be able to catch the 11:38 AM at Flushing?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

That's not enough time, I would advise you take the earlier train.

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #379 of 405
All,

I have a prototype special edition Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition with Class-A, balanced outputs (4-pin XLR) that we'll be bringing tomorrow! 
I never heard the LCD-2s sing like this!!!  It should also be really nice with HE-6s, HD-800, and many others...

I also have the Pure i-20 digital iPod dock (being fed from the LiFePO4 battery pack of the Isabellina HPA) - unbelievable for only $99!  And it appears to do async iPod to SPDIF conversion... 

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Vinnie

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #380 of 405
sphinxvc, Thank you so much for the help.  According to the MTA map that I have I can get the LIRR train to Bayside from Woodside and the 7 Train works for that too and as you said it will be easier to connect there.  Thanks again!

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #381 of 405
Hi all - just wanted to share some great news. Tom Mullen, the Director of Interactive Marketing for EMI Music will be stopping by to visit. He'll probably arrive a bit after 10:00 and will be keeping me company at the UE table. He's excited about listening to everyone's set up and is also open to answering any questions that anyone might have about the recording industry. He is a wealth of information and has seen every aspect of the music business from every vantage point so please stop by and say hello.

And if anyone wants a bit more info on Tom or if anyone wants to further understand the intricacies of marketing music, here is a great article. He was kind enough to sit and talk with me in depth last month...

http://ultimateearspresents.com/post/3502007725/tom-mullen

See you all soon,

m-

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #382 of 405

Quote:
that's great Vincent - glad to see you on board.  who is the audiologist? someone local or are you bringing someone in from the left coast?  for those who just want to have impressions in hand how much will they cost?

Hi - the audiologist is Dr. Julie Glick and as Vincent mentioned, impressions for a UE product will be free but if anyone just wants impressions made, the cost is $75. Dr. Glick is the best audiologist in NYC.

m-

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #383 of 405
I will be bringing a bunch of LPs for the silent auction ,condition unkown some box sets. check them out to see if  you have any interest.
I am bringing the Krell KSA5 instead of the Melos..

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #384 of 405
Thanks for clarifying the directions.  So if we don't make the train, is it better to take the N20/21 bus or just wait for the next train?

I'm going to try to make it, especially now that UE is going to be there.  I just got ES5s and already had JH16s, but MAN do those discounted UERM sound tempting.  If I get them, my wife is going to murder me.  The police will find the IEMs still lodged in my ears (or maybe some other orifice of her choosing).

Mar 18, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #389 of 405
Mar 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #390 of 405

Quote:
All,

I have a prototype

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Vinnie

Well while you are promoting your product Vinnie, I might as well make my own shout out:

I will be bringing a new style headphone stand I made.  Similar to the full-size design I've made before, but this time the top is smaller for a single headphone.
I wanted it smaller so I could put a dust cover over my O2 while they are on the stand.
My dad has shown interest in making a few of these singles if there is a market for them. 

If you have any comments or suggestions my dad and I would be VERY appreciative to hear them.  I always appreciate honest feedback.

Thank you kindly,
~Drew

PS:  Can't wait.  Packing up now and heading out at 5am.  Hope to make it there before the traffic gets bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back