Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #226 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you very much. And yes, I`m sure I will. This being my first!!!!! I didn`t even know about head-fi.org, or these meets, until someone suggested I check you guys out.

You will owe that person a debt of gratitude. However, beware. You narrowed it down to 3 headphones? That should expand to about 12 that you never even thought of, plus your choice of amp and source equipment.

I see your in White Plains. This is just the beginning. I've been organizing a meet in Harrison the past two Novembers. This fall I am considering moving it to a bigger venue in White Plains as I've socked away some money to fund a bigger room.

Welcome to Head-Fi...

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #227 of 402
Spoke to Peter from Beyer this afternoon and he confirmed that he would indeed be coming to the meet as as a Member and a MOT.
He is going to post the logistics in the thread tonight, but basically, he's is going to try to bring along a couple of T-1's including the Beyer amp
that accompanies it. I asked him to bring T-1's that have some time on them, not fresh out of the box.
Also, Peter will have info (whether it be on flyer or computer presentation) on what's going on inside the T-1 (no hamsters spinning around on cages
tongue.gif
)

Beyer will also be contributing some nice headphones to the silent auction, and I will let him, give us all of the facts in his post.
It appears that they are going to be generous. Bring your wallets, and make sure there is some coin in it
smile.gif
, if you might be interested in
getting a really good deal.

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #228 of 402
Hello everyone! This is Pete Carini from Beyerdynamic letting everyone know
that I'm looking forward to meeting you all at this years NYC Spring Meet!

We will have our T1 headset along with our Premium Line (DT 770,880 and 990) at the show.

I will see you all there!

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #230 of 402
Thanks for joining us Pete.
We are looking forward to hearing the T-1 in person and everything else that you bring that Beyer has to offer. Welcome aboard!

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #232 of 402
Looks like I'll be able to make it.

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #233 of 402
The representative from Monster, with one of the world's best names, Aaron, contacted me and it's official. Monster will be in attendance.

There will be at least 1 product manager there, and possibly 1 or 2 other members from the Monster team. They've confirmed that they will offer 3 pairs of Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones for the silent auction. These headphones retail for $399 each.

One a side note:
This is going to be one hell of a silent auction. Ethan, I hope that you get plenty of sleep, the night before. Along with the other offerings, this is going to be one of the best silent auctions in our regional history.

There has some questions of overage. Besides sending some money to Head-Fi, some suggestions have been made for me to use the overflow for a bigger more decadent Spring meet venue, or maybe something like lunch and beverages for the meet. Next year, when we secure a date, we can brainstorm what we want to do about this proposal.

So stay alert next January, or even maybe September, for the Fall Meet. Erik and I, and anyone who might want to join in on the planning, will be listening to all suggestions.

We still have to raise $750 for the 2 rooms, but so far we've made it each year. If you're not buying anything, any individual donations are still appreciated.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #235 of 402
Auctioneering nepotism.

We may have to get SiBurning to form a Watchdog Committee.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #236 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So stay alert next January, or even maybe September, for the Fall Meet. Erik and I, and anyone who might want to join in on the planning, will be listening to all suggestions.

Definitely September (or even August). I have $600 saved from the last meet to fund a bigger Fall event. I'm thinking a hotel meeting room in White Plains. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I am totally stoked for the upcoming "Rite of Spring".

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #237 of 402
Two weeks to go. Can we all agree, no more snow storms? I don't want to miss another trip to NYC. Aaron, as always you and those assisting are putting together a great event. I will make sure I have some cash for the raffle which should be outstanding.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #238 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Auctioneering nepotism.

We may have to get SiBurning to form a Watchdog Committee.

Did you just call Yikes a dog?
No, you said he auctions like a dog.
And you want me to stand there, hold my teeth together, and just watch?
What am I? The Thirteenth Auctioneer?

Sounds like an auctioneering dispute.
I'm almost tempted to put my money on immtbiker. If it plays out like in the movie, the big guy loses.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #239 of 402
I would never call a person who can eat me for breakfast, a dog.

from Webster's (not the short black guy from television
smile.gif
):

nepotism |ˈnepəˌtizəm|
noun
the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, esp. by giving them jobs or the ability to fix auctions in order to get really cool stuff
evil_smiley.gif

...oh wait....you were talking about the "Watchdog Committee" comment.
C'mon Steve, you know you did an excellent job filling last year, and extraordinary job. One that was exemplary.

But, as Scaramanger would say (and Ozzie Ozbourne, too), "I (being Yikes), am number one. You (being you), are number twooooo".
wink_face.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #240 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two weeks to go. Can we all agree, no more snow storms? I don't want to miss another trip to NYC. Aaron, as always you and those assisting are putting together a great event. I will make sure I have some cash for the raffle which should be outstanding.

Thanks man. But coming from a man who lives in an area, that had to substitute their shorts and sandals for down jackets and Polar Fleece this winter, I guess it's safe to say that Mother Earth forgot all about Global Warming this year. Just checkout the price of oranges in the US now.
35° in Miami, holy cow!

We got 20" of snow yesterday. I think we have had a total of 66" of snow in my region, just in the month of February, this year. We could have hosted the Winter Olympics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back