Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Feb 23, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #196 of 402
Since I'm not independently wealthy yet I have to work on Saturdays.
angry_face.gif
So I'll be living vicariously through you
wink_face.gif
Of coarse, you know who you are.
popcorn.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #197 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy from Beyer is coming, it would be really silly for a rep from Beyer to show up without a set of the T1's

Is he really? That's very cool of Beyer.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #198 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is he really? That's very cool of Beyer.

Aaron said that he was, at least I remember reading a post saying he was.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #199 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy from Beyer is coming, it would be really silly for a rep from Beyer to show up without a set of the T1's

That would be like washing your feet with your socks on!

*EDIT- Forgot the quote. Not as funny without the quote.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #200 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be like washing your feet with your socks on!

You mean most don't do this?
tongue.gif

Okay - looks like I may be joining the festivities this time. Can't be missing two NYC meets in a row! Look forward to seeing everyone again as well as some new faces.

I am sooooo looking forward to listening to the T1. It is currently my me-want 'phone.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #201 of 402
I have 3 single 12AU7 tubes I will be donating to the (not really) silent auction.

JHS Sylvania - Nice, all around tube
12AU7A Cleartop - Solid bass, extended highs with good detail
Tung Sol - Slightly bassy, with a "crunchy" midrange. Good Grado rock tube

4384042776_5daf3efffd_o.jpg

Very quiet with no microphonics.

A nice set of 3 single tubes, perfect for a hybrid that uses one tube in the preamp section, like a Compact Tube Hybrid or HiFiMan EF5 or in the gain stage of a Raptor.

No reserve

"Try before you buy."

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #202 of 402
The Balancing Act will, sadly, not make it to the meet. Craig, being a perfectionist, is a bit behind schedule - for the better of the final product, no doubt - and the amp will ship at the end of March.

So my updated gear list is solely my electrostatic rig. There will be plenty HD800's at this meet to be sure, and I'm not comfortable having my R10's casually travel across the rooms.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #203 of 402
Unfortunately i think i am going to have to bow out. My supervisor is telling me that to come i would have to take leave for the entire trip, which i was not expecting at first, and i dont have enough days saved up
frown.gif
hopefully ill still be able to meet you all at canjam

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #204 of 402
WANTED DOA:

TAP FOR 4-40 x 3/4” SCREWS

I built the Millet MiniMAX using the Beezar kit. The case uses self-tapping screws and they where a nightmare to get in. I am modding the MiniMAX and want to tap new threads for a longer screw that I can insert and remove comfortably without worrying about stripping. See you at the meet.

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #205 of 402
George from NJ aka GRBWITT will attend, with yet another of his one-off tube HP amps.

I'm always psyched for this NYC Spring meet. It's like the flounder fishing at the Jersey Shore...it means winter is on the way out.

Fun fun fun, and no Daddy to take the T-Bird away!

George from NJ aka GRBWITT
devil_face.gif
wink_face.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #207 of 402
Last fall went fluke and flounder fishing out of Freeport on Cap't Lou's and the entire boat didn't catch even 1 fish.
They gave us all free coupons to come back.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #208 of 402
It sort of got "lost in the sauce", and I missed it, but, to continue with tradition, Jack Wu and his clan of Woo Audio will be attending.

For those of you who haven't gotten to try his latest additions to the Woo lineup, you have to try the 2-box WES stat amp, and his fully balanced WA22.[/B.] I was next in line for one and money problems made me give up my place in line. They are tube heaven.

I can't wait to hear El_Doug's WES Maxxed, now that it's had time to break in.

I will actually have a new amp there, that was custom made for me, that cost me less, but I'm sure, I will enjoy equally. I payed only for parts, and it is a one-off.
Custom designed by an amazing man and friend, who allowed me to be there at every decision making corner, and it's going to be memorable.

(Cheap advertisement warning). Anyone who wants to buy my GES, let me know. $1300 with $250 in tube upgrades, and it was one of the first Jack made. I will be putting it up for sale tomorrow night. I'd rather someone take it home from the meet and avoid shipping it. I'll even dust it off for you
tongue.gif

More mint (Crème de Menthe, actually) than an Andes Candy.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #209 of 402
I can't believe this meet is just over two weeks away. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of people I haven't seen in a while and meeting some new ones.

Aaron, I'm not interested in the GES but I think you know what I am interested in buying.
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #210 of 402
It's yours Mike, we just have to work out the logistics.

It's hard to sell to a friend. Remember that episode where Lucy was going to sell
Ethel her used washing machine, and Ricky and Fred warned them not to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back