Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Mar 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #391 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I drove there last year but the memory is the second thing to go and I can't recall which route I followed.

Mapquest avoids Manhattan and sends me over the GW, Google takes me across 34th St. from the Lincoln Tunnel to the LIE. Very familiar with both -- I think early Sat. morning (and I am leaving very very early before my wife dreams up errands -- will hit the Burger King across the street for breakfast) the Manhattan route (LIE) wins.

Hey you guys on the Island -- correct or not? GW or tunnel(s)?

I took GW last year, but am planning on taking Lincoln this year. Either way can have horrendous traffic, it's really up in the air

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #392 of 402
Gear Packed ,
I will see everyone after work ,should get there around 1-1:30pm.
Save me some space.

The Dareds I am bringing will be up for sale soon,minus the WE300bs,
So stop by & take a listen
smile_phones.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #393 of 402
I'm hoping I can make it briefly even if it won't be for very long. I'm like 30 minutes away by bus so I don't have much excuse ;p

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #394 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I drove there last year but the memory is the second thing to go and I can't recall which route I followed.
GW or tunnel(s)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I took GW last year, but am planning on taking Lincoln this year. Either way can have horrendous traffic, it's really up in the air

From Northern Jersey at that time in the morning, it might seem longer, but take the Turnpike to the GW onto the Cross Bronx to the Throgs Neck Bridge. No traffic.

The Throgs Neck turns into the Clearview and take that to Northern Blvd and make a left on Northern. It's about 3/4 mile on your left.

Just got home from the Allman Bros. Freaking great concert, but now I'm completely deaf.
eek.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #396 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I won't be?

I guess not...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #397 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by agbassano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still trying to finalize... If I can make it from the City I can bring an an HE5 EF5 Combo... but lugging a source like my CAL CL-15 CD player???? (yes, I would bring a power strip and extension regardless)

Hope to see you all regardlerss
o2smile.gif

Hey guys, I wish you all a great time - but I just can't swing it today. I really hope people get to try out the HE-5/EF-5 combo. I would have been happy to get the equipment there even if I'm not. I don't have a car and it would be nearly impossible to attend the meet for even little while and then get to the Port Authority to attend to an unexpected family matter in NJ...

I am dying to make a meet and very much look forward to meeting all of you at the next one!

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #398 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess not...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yes Drew, your rapier wit will be missed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took me 8 1/2 hours from Rochester NY...Geez

8 hours is typical. It's 405 miles. I used to do it all the time.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #401 of 402
Where are the Impressions? Pictures? Come on, guys. You've been setting up for more than 45 minutes. Get to it!
biggrin.gif

Be there soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back