Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #241 of 402
Not to turn this into a carbon footprint debate but global warming will put more moisture into the air resulting in big snowstorms and hurricanes. I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just saying.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #242 of 402
Fortunately, even when it's cold in the morning, it's usually 60 to 70 by the afternoon so no big deal. I'm pretty happy that Delta cancelled my flight to NYC Thursday night.

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #243 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to turn this into a carbon footprint debate but global warming will put more moisture into the air resulting in big snowstorms and hurricanes. I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just saying.

You beat me to it. It's unfortunate that the term Global Warming has become popular, it really should be referred to as Climate Change.

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #244 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man. But coming from a man who lives in an area, that had to substitute their shorts and sandals for down jackets and Polar Fleece this winter, I guess it's safe to say that Mother Earth forgot all about Global Warming this year. Just checkout the price of oranges in the US now.
35° in Miami, holy cow!

We got 20" of snow yesterday. I think we have had a total of 66" of snow in my region, just in the month of February, this year. We could have hosted the Winter Olympics!

Boy that stinks. I've had pretty much no snow this year up here.

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #245 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You beat me to it. It's unfortunate that the term Global Warming has become popular, it really should be referred to as Climate Change.

How about calling it climate crisis? Change sounds too benign.

Depending on who or what you believe, the melting of the polar ice cap could actually cause the desalinization of the Atlantic Ocean, which would in turn disrupt the Gulf Stream. Such a scenario could result in much colder temperatures for the northeast United States and Canada, as well as Great Britain and Northwestern Europe.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #246 of 402
ANYWAY. forgot to mention i'll be brining my grado 225I and my ipod touch

and i really would like to hear the p51 mustang, tomahawk, pico, and a headsix

so if any of you can bring these it would be greatly appreciated and would help me make my decision finally.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #247 of 402
Quote:

Yes, they are one in the same (Adria/Ramada). They have just renovated the entire place with new electrical and the meeting rooms have been totally re-done.
To end any confusion...there are 2 separate buildings to the hotel, one was the Adria, and one was the Ramada, but it is now call the Adria Conference Center and Hotel, and like vpivinylspiner so eloquently pointed out, the Annex Room (one of the 2 rooms), has the entrance in the circular driveway, outside of the lobby. You will see a bunch of happy nerds hanging around all day.

To make it easier, Northern Blvd. runs east and west and it is the eastern-most building, so it would make "Queens, NY" sense, that the address is:
221-17 Northern Blvd. because all streets in Queens start their address by their cross street, as in 221st ST.

Jimmy, what are you confused about?

btw this is not true i live on 73rd and 220th....

and not 220th and 73rd.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #248 of 402
It is true. I have no idea what you are talking about
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #249 of 402
agree to disagree, my adress on paper is 73-** 220th street bayside ny.
so not all adresses in queens are how you mentioned them..

reguardles can you pm or post here what the silent auction is???, because i am interested in purchasing gear

also i wanted to know is RSA has contributed anything to the silent auction or will be selling anything at the meet, because im pretty sure i wanna buy a RSA amp and wouldnt mind saving on the shipping.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #250 of 402
Correct. And you live on 220th street and your lower cross street is 73rd ave.

All of Queens is the same except for named streets.

A silent auction is where you write on paper for all to see, what you are willing to pay for something, and others outbid you as you go down the page, where you can submit a new bid.
Then at 4:00, we call out each item, and the highest bid on paper, and anyone in the room can, at that point, still outbid you.
You usually get the product at much less than it's worth, and it helps pay for our rooms.

For example...last year, somebody got an iMod from Red Wine Audio that usually goes for approx $200-ish, for $100-ish, and so on.
Or a Shadow, for $150-ish, instead of $400-ish.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #252 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw this is not true i live on 73rd and 220th....

and not 220th and 73rd.

It is true.

Maybe you have a non-conforming address but in general Queens addresses have three fields that follow the format [lower numbered cross street]-[house number] [street name].

221-17 Northern Blvd is Number 17 Northern Blvd at 221st Street.

If you live on 73rd Avenue and 220th street in house number 10, then your address would be 220-10 73rd Avenue.

220-10 73rd avenue - Google Maps

If you lived on 220th Street in house number 10, your address would be 73-10 220th Street.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #253 of 402
That's what I just said (using less words though, because I am not a journalist)!

popcorn.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #254 of 402
Quote:

That's what I just said (using less words though, because I am not a journalist)!

popcorn.gif

LOL! It took me so long to write that answer that 3 other posts were made in the meantime. Anyway, I'm sure everyone knows where they live.

Oh, and I'm not a journalist. I work in print media but I'm a circulation executive. I don't write it, I just sell it.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #255 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean most don't do this?
tongue.gif

Okay - looks like I may be joining the festivities this time. Can't be missing two NYC meets in a row! Look forward to seeing everyone again as well as some new faces.

I am sooooo looking forward to listening to the T1. It is currently my me-want 'phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! It took me so long to write that answer that 3 other posts were made in the meantime. Anyway, I'm sure everyone knows where they live.

Oh, and I'm not a journalist. I work in print media but I'm a circulation executive. I don't write it, I just sell it.

any news whether RSA will have any amp i could possiblyt buy at the meet? or atleast try, i need to hear a p51.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back