Official NYC Spring 2010 Meet Saturday, March 13th
Feb 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #256 of 402
Spoke to Ray, and since he's gotten in all of the materials for his new products (phono stage and Protector), he is working 18 hour days fulfilling orders. You know Ray. When he makes a promise about a ship date, he works just shy of a heart attack to fulfill those orders.

It looks like my couch might be empty this year during the meet weekend.
frown.gif
It just won't be the same without him. Alas.

This is not fact, and he is still trying to make it, but there's a possibility he might not come. The chickens will be happy (egg joke), but the members will not.

I say that every member who would like to see Ray there, petition him to get his arse on the plane than weekend.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #257 of 402
Looks like I won't be able to make this one, sorry fellas. Have a good time.

The next time I am able to make it, I should have a Bijou and Buffalo32S DAC for your listening pleasure.

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #259 of 402
I would be happy to pick up the tab for return shipping for your original gracious offer on the Head Direct HE -5's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would've liked to be able to join in for yet another NY meet but right now I just can't swing the travel costs for 3 events 3 weekends in a row (the other two being the 2/27 NorCal meet and Axpona). And even if I could, none of the flight options that I checI ked out really work either.
frown.gif

But since I can't be there in person, I'd like to send out some gear to a trustworthy NY-area HF-er to display at the meet. It'd be one of these: Head-Direct HE-5 re-cabled with APureSound V3 (either balanced or single-ended), Stax SR-404LE, or SPL Auditor. The trustworthy HF-ers know who they are - I've met most of them.
wink.gif
Please note that I would prefer to not cover return shipping - instead of doing that I'll let the gear recipient audition the gear for a while (2 weeks at most). (But if the recipient wants the return shipping to be covered then my offer of auditioning the gear is retracted.)

2/15/10 edit: offer to send gear for the meet is retracted.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #261 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will owe that person a debt of gratitude. However, beware. You narrowed it down to 3 headphones? That should expand to about 12 that you never even thought of, plus your choice of amp and source equipment.

I see your in White Plains. This is just the beginning. I've been organizing a meet in Harrison the past two Novembers. This fall I am considering moving it to a bigger venue in White Plains as I've socked away some money to fund a bigger room.

Welcome to Head-Fi...

oHH MY GOD!! WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING TO HAVE THIS ONE IN WHITE PLAINS?
And yes, thanks for the welcome. But the pleasure is all mine..............I`m intrigued especially about headphone amps like the Woo and Cary, as I`ve never heard tube amps before...........

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #262 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spoke to Ray, and since he's gotten in all of the materials for his new products (phono stage and Protector), he is working 18 hour days fulfilling orders. You know Ray. When he makes a promise about a ship date, he works just shy of a heart attack to fulfill those orders.

It looks like my couch might be empty this year during the meet weekend.
frown.gif
It just won't be the same without him. Alas.

This is not fact, and he is still trying to make it, but there's a possibility he might not come. The chickens will be happy (egg joke), but the members will not.

I say that every member who would like to see Ray there, petition him to get his arse on the plane than weekend.
evil_smiley.gif

Just wanted to say I`m coming!! My first......According to your rules you said it was good to let you know. I should get there by 12 noon. I have a 9:00am breakfast I must attend in Montvale, NJ.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #263 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by NaturalMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be happy to pick up the tab for return shipping for your original gracious offer on the Head Direct HE -5's

There's been a surprising amount of scamming around here lately.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #264 of 402
It's a symptom of the bad economy and job/housing market.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #265 of 402
Quote:

last year, somebody got an iMod from Red Wine Audio that usually goes for approx $200-ish, for $100-ish, and so on.
Or a Shadow, for $150-ish, instead of $400-ish.

Indeed, I got that terrific iMod deal in 2008, the Shadow in 2009. Bring cash for the auction!

But the real point is how much we all owe RWA-Vinnie and RSA-Ray for donating these items. They are the best, which is obvious about 2 minutes after meeting them, and having them in person at these meets goes a long way in my book to making this hobby (and the NY crew) great.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #267 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to say I`m coming!! My first......

I have had you listed in the attendees list on the first page, since you first posted.

Welcome aboard.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #268 of 402
For those of you with IEMs or earbuds, definitely bring them. Fang (Head-Direct) is bringing an HM-801 unit that will have the new amplifier board that was designed with a lower gain for low impedance, high sensitivity IEM's. This is the first of some future replaceable amp PCB's for the HiFiMAN. You will be able to compare the original to the new one.

This amp module has about half the gain from the original, and I have been listening to it for 2 days (took some serious arm twisting to get a lend). Fang brought back only 4 of these from his China trip, but he said they will be going into full production very soon.

I find the new amp module to be more musical and outputs more detail, but only on my IEM's. It's not meant to take on HD6XXX's or HD800's or the HE-5.

It takes all of 2 minutes to swap out the amp modules. All you need is a very small precision phillips screwdriver.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #269 of 402
Quote:

Originally Posted by deacongreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oHH MY GOD!! WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING TO HAVE THIS ONE IN WHITE PLAINS?

Should be right before Thanksgiving.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #270 of 402
Quote:

For those of you with IEMs or earbuds, definitely bring them.

OK, I'll bring my RE252. Maybe Fang can give me some pointers on wearing these. I really want to like them but I can't get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back