Official NYC Meet Nov4 Impressions!
Nov 8, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #121 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolos
I wish I was able to attend this meeting
frown.gif
; I am in DC!

For those who tried PK1, it says 150 ohms which sound ridiculously high for an earbud, yet few claim that it could be driven through a headphone out w/o an amp! Is this true?

How does it compare unamped with other lower-end earbuds?

The pk2's sounded perfect without an amp, out of an ipod, yet was still nice when paired with the airhead. I heard the pk1's out of my ipod straight for a couple of minutes, but the volume was not high enough, and when it did go high, the lows were a bit recessed, and was not as pleasant as driven out of an amp, which brings out the lows, and to a lesser extent, the highs in order to balance it out more evenly. Without the amp, it sounds very distant, but the amped low end brings more body to the music, and the listener is placed closer to the music, but still gives some three dimensionality. Amping the pk2 is probably not necessary, but the pk1's have great body and low end, which can only be retrieved by properly amping it.

Nov 9, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #122 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
IMG_1801.jpg

Finally a pic of the AE-1!
biggrin.gif
Wow that does look nice. I want to see what the laser engraving will look like too...

/chomping at the bit

Nov 9, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #123 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Finally a pic of the AE-1!
biggrin.gif
Wow that does look nice. I want to see what the laser engraving will look like too...

/chomping at the bit

Looks even nicer in person. The enclosure feels overbuilt, and the semi-glossy finish accents it nicely. Solid and full, kind of like the sound signature.

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #124 of 158
No more impressions,I know some of you have not posted any,come on guys
tell us what you think,inquiring minds want to know.

Nov 11, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #125 of 158
Man oh man, WHY did this have to be the DAY BEFORE MY WEDDING!?!?!
frown.gif

I'm dying to try out some of the portable hardware, and the chance to try out Ray Samuels' offerings in particular would have been fantastic. *sigh*

So when's the next NYC meet? Just don't make it November 5th of next year, or I'm even more S.O.L. *pouts*

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #126 of 158
hey, congrats! please dont tell us you were dreaming of electrostatic cans during your honeymoon! the next big one is spring, but a few minimeets should pop up here and there.

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #127 of 158
We really need to have the next one in February, instead of April for those who are attending the 2nd National in Cali.

I'd be willing to host it at the Adria if you guys want (Did I just say that out loud or was I just thinking that?).
eek.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #128 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog
frown.gif

BIG CONGRATS!!!!!

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #129 of 158
Quote:

frown.gif

You couldn't move the wedding at the last minute? Where is your dedication, man? Your priorities are all messed up.

Congrats anyway...

Nov 11, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #130 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
We really need to have the next one in February, instead of April for those who are attending the 2nd National in Cali.

I'd be willing to host it at the Adria if you guys want (Did I just say that out loud or was I just thinking that?).
eek.gif

what - the national is going to be in california? oh man, i thought it was going to be in ny. that's a bummer.
so what/where is the Adria?

quick impressions - great meet, kudos to bozebuttons! thanks for everything, tom.

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #131 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
You couldn't move the wedding at the last minute? Where is your dedication, man? Your priorities are all messed up.

Congrats anyway...

Yeah, where's that dedication?
evil_smiley.gif
It's not like the meet is on the day of the wedding. It's the day before. What do you think you'll be doing the day before the wedding? Probably nothing too important that you couldn't get away for a couple of hours at least.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

I attended my first meet (Headroom Tour) last year and the meet coincided with our moving day to the new house. I pleaded and cajoled my wife (don't worry, you'll get a lot of practice doing this) to give me a couple of hours to attend.

Now if you really had brains, you would have planned your honeymoon in the Grand Caymans and hang out with Santa and listen to his gear while your wife hits the shops. How many chances do you think you'll have to listen to the kind of gear Wayne keeps around?

Congrats on the wedding BTW
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #132 of 158
Quote:

frown.gif

Congratulations!
lambda.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #133 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons

I think you must have a big electric bill.

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #134 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker

eek.gif

TAG your it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #135 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons

jp11801, stevieo and I had more impressions in our fake Austin Meet Impression Thread.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back