Official NYC Fall Regional Meet Sat Nov 10th.
Sep 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #31 of 421
I'm currently weighing just how much I want to piss my wife off by telling her that I'm headed to Florida one weekend and NYC the next.
eek.gif
I'd put my odds of attending at 50/50 for the time being.

Gear of note: DIY Transport, Hertsens Balanced DAC, Wheatfield HA-2. There's ever so slight a chance I'll have my balanced Beta22 up and running by then but I wouldn't put any money on that.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #32 of 421
I should be there. May be my last NYC meet.

Tom, run in those Edition 9's for a few hundred hours, please. I want to them in all their glory, & without excuses.

Nate, hope to see you there. I wanna hear that new setup of yours.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #34 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently weighing just how much I want to piss my wife off by telling her that I'm headed to Florida one weekend and NYC the next.
eek.gif

C'mon, Nate, dew eet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #35 of 421
Quote:

eek.gif

Gear of note: DIY Transport, Hertsens Balanced DAC, Wheatfield HA-2. There's ever so slight a chance I'll have my balanced Beta22 up and running by then but I wouldn't put any money on that.

Invite your wife! I told mine about the meet and she was disappointed about the date, but said 'well I can't go but you probably could if you want.'

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 421
Geeeeeez, all this peer pressure! I'll see what I can do to swing down, I've head there's going to be this other meet in FLA come spring time so maybe I'll save some good-will points with the wife for that and not push my luck this time around.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #37 of 421
Mikhail will be in attendance, I have also sent invites to Jack at Woo audio,
Tyll at Headroom,Vinnie at RWA(Said it may be possible to attend,and may bring something new if done in time).Justin W. as well.

I am waiting to hear back from them.

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #38 of 421
I'm planning to be there. I'll still be ragged from a West Coast trip, but hey, who needs sleep?
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #39 of 421
Nice, long time lurker here, I look forward to this. Can you give an idea of how far this is on the LIRR from Penn Station? I can bring Senn HD 650, Grado SR-125, Sony D-25, and a CMoy (nothing really special). I hope someone will bring better amps to try out as I'm currently gunshy on spending $300+ on an amp based on looks and poetry alone.

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #40 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mikhail will be in attendance, I have also sent invites to Jack at Woo audio,
Tyll at Headroom,Vinnie at RWA(Said it may be possible to attend,and may bring something new if done in time).Justin W. as well.

I am waiting to hear back from them.

Ahhh. If Justin can make it, we'll be able to hear his new "Pico" tiny amp/dac -- or maybe someone else might have one by then?

Hearing SinglePower, Woo and RWA offerings will be a marvelous opportunity.

There's never enough time to hear everything at meets, but I'd like to spend a little more time with the Woo 5 & 6 (had brief exposure at HeadFest).

Mikhail had a balanced PPX3 at the Jahn-aerie meet a while back that gave me a similar sort of impact as Ray's B52 provides with Senn 600 & 650 -- quite a surprise, and I believe it was a 1-off unit. It will be fun to hear his current experiments/developments.

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #41 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be there. May be my last NYC meet.

!!!!! ????? !!!!!

Are you moving far away?

I'd better spend some quality social time, friend!

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #43 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by needgoodphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, long time lurker here, I look forward to this. Can you give an idea of how far this is on the LIRR from Penn Station? I can bring Senn HD 650, Grado SR-125, Sony D-25, and a CMoy (nothing really special). I hope someone will bring better amps to try out as I'm currently gunshy on spending $300+ on an amp based on looks and poetry alone.

I just checked schedule for Nov 10th.
There are a few options to get there

Depart - Arrive

11:11 AM - 12:24 PM
11:40 AM - 12:58 PM
12:11 PM - 1:24 PM

So I guess is it an a bit over an hour train ride. One way ticket online is $7.60, at the machine $8.00 and $13.00 if you buy on board.

Tom, may be include this information in the 1st post.

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #44 of 421
Quote:

Geeeeeez, all this peer pressure! I'll see what I can do to swing down, I've head there's going to be this other meet in FLA come spring time so maybe I'll save some good-will points with the wife for that and not push my luck this time around.

Nate, I think they are right. You should go to NYC. After all it wll only be jp, Voltron, agile_one, thrice, NightWoundsTime, me, boomana (designated driver) hanging out Friday and Saturday night and that would be kind of boring.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wait for spring. By then hopefully we will learn how to have a good time.
k1000smile.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #45 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate, I think they are right. You should go to NYC. After all it wll only be jp, Voltron, agile_one, thrice, NightWoundsTime, me, boomana (designated driver) hanging out Friday and Saturday night and that would be kind of boring.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mike, why don't you bring the crew with you to ny? i think i hear someone saying, "road trip!"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back