Official NYC Fall Regional Meet Sat Nov 10th.
Sep 3, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #16 of 421
Perfect weekend. See you guys there!

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #17 of 421
I will try to make it to this meet.

I can bring my Blackie Pagano amp recently modified by Steve Berger. Original Tango Iron replaces James Iron. Also, some filament regulation via a couple of torroidal transformers in the power supply to get rid of an odd "whooshing" sound in the tubes.

Hopefully it works. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

The amp is now at the absolute limit of a pretty tried-and-true design as far as parts and construction are concerned.

Maybe I can bring the Emm stuff as well. But that is a lot of gear... And I'm still not sure I can even make it to the meet...

Will keep you all posted.

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can bring my Blackie Pagano amp recently modified by Steve Berger. Original Tango Iron replaces James Iron. Also, some filament regulation via a couple of torroidal transformers in the power supply to get rid of an odd "whooshing" sound in the tubes.

The amp is now at the absolute limit of a pretty tried-and-true design as far as parts and construction are concerned.

Maybe I can bring the Emm stuff as well. But that is a lot of gear... And I'm still not sure I can even make it to the meet...

sounds interesting!

hopefully you can all make it!

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #20 of 421
Oops! Musta been daydreaming last read. Forgot to post:

I'm there, too!

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #21 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to make it John,Gotta hear your amp with the upgrades
icon10.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #22 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to make it John,Gotta hear your amp with the upgrades
icon10.gif

I'm tempted to fly up just so I can hear the amp again. John's amp may have been the best 650 amp I heard at the first National in NYC. I can't imagine how it would sound after the upgrades.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #24 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom, you know I love to be there. Please put me down for this one.
Love to see all my friends in NY.
Ray samuels

Glad to see you can make it Ray.

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #25 of 421
I may just come. I'll know more definite as this meet approaches.

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 421
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My father has an apartment in Manhattan and I was going to see if we could rent out the top floor, like we did that time in Meech's friend's building, but since you've already gone ahead and booked the legion hall, I'll tell my father not to worry about it.

I could check to see if it would work for our next meet if there's interest.

I plan to attend the Babylon meet.

I will gladly pass the torch to you next time around
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #29 of 421
I wouldn't miss it for the world (who else will help you carry 18 crates up the stairs besides Zatara and Dimitris
icon10.gif
)
We need to make advance reservations at that awesome restaurant in the back of the parking lot.
What ever you need, Tom, you know you can depend on me, except for money, of course
wink.gif

I will bring my Woo GES electrostat amp that has been heard by only a handful of audiophites.

SiBurning, we need you to do your thing!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back