Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #91 of 317
HiFiMan?  Ooohhh ... Fingers crossed at another chance at $60 RE-400s ; even $75 sounds good to me.  I was so mad at myself not having stopped at a bank before the Spring/Summer meet and not having cash at hand to buy one of the 10 that were available.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #92 of 317
It's no longer a maybe for me. I'll definitely be coming, but I only have a HD600 + Fiio E17/E11. Unfortunately, I don't have much to bring as such. I'm a beginner at any of this D:.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #94 of 317
Warning to all the first timers: hide your wallets. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #95 of 317
Is a local/regional meet also an appropriate place for people to share and exchange their music collection/libraries?

I recently entered the jazz scene while listening on my headphones and discovered my great appreciation for this music genre.  Now, I really want to continue exploring jazz and would like to know if anyone attending this meet would be willing to share with me their collection of jazz music.  Similarly, I would be happy to bring some of my music collection (although more modern) to share with curious listeners.

Best,

Alex

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #100 of 317

Is there a reason? haha.

Vendor meet discounts, members selling their gear, and heavily discounted auction gear. Trust me, you should hide your wallet xD. The first head-fi meet I went to convinced me to drop 1k on a pair of UERMs because Ultimate Ears provided a 20% discount during the meet. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #101 of 317

Vendor meet discounts, members selling their gear, and heavily discounted auction gear. Trust me, you should hide your wallet xD. The first head-fi meet I went to convinced me to drop 1k on a pair of UERMs because Ultimate Ears provided a 20% discount during the meet. 

Point taken. I already set a pretty low budget for myself though :D.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #102 of 317
One spot down--3 still available
If ride is needed,pm me.

Tnx
Mike

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #103 of 317
I'm definitely going now but probably won't be there until noon or so.

Mullet, will Julie be making impressions as well or just have the demos at hand?

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #104 of 317
I should be able to make it. Not sure if I will be there in an official capacity, or just as the head-Fier that I am.

I should have my new personal set of Abyss headphones by then, so will probably bring them.

I can do the Auction if people want to put up with my doing so :)

From RMAF until November 4th I'll be traveling, but I should be able to make the meet.

Ethan 

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #105 of 317
  I'm glad to announce that HiFiMan will have a presence at the meet. I know a bunch of you guys were asking so yes they will be there.

Yay!

just bought airline tickets last night for this meet. i did try just now to reserve the room at the Adria, they recognized the name Head-Fi but did not have a rate for the rooms. i will try back later :)

Yay!

I'm definitely going now but probably won't be there until noon or so.

Mullet, will Julie be making impressions as well or just have the demos at hand?

Yay!

I should be able to make it. Not sure if I will be there in an official capacity, or just as the head-Fier that I am.

I should have my new personal set of Abyss headphones by then, so will probably bring them.

I can do the Auction if people want to put up with my doing so :)

From RMAF until November 4th I'll be traveling, but I should be able to make the meet.

Ethan 

Yay!
 I'm looking forward to hearing these, thanks for bringing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back