Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
Jul 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #32 of 317
Here's an idea for vendors, rather than just contacting, say, JHaudio, how about one of their dealers?

For example, Beth Orliss is in N.J. and it might very well be worth her while to come and do earmolds and sell some JH ciems. She can bring her line of demo jha ciems (tell her to bring jh13freqphase demo and jh16freaqphase demo). Good for everybody.

Here's her contact info, phone and email:
http://www.hearingdynamics.net/contactus.html

We can do the same for local dealers of other brands.

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #33 of 317
Quote:
Here's an idea for vendors, rather than just contacting, say, JHaudio, how about one of their dealers?

For example, Beth Orliss is in N.J. and it might very well be worth her while to come and do earmolds and sell some JH ciems. She can bring her line of demo jha ciems (tell her to bring jh13freqphase demo and jh16freaqphase demo). Good for everybody.

Here's her contact info, phone and email:
http://www.hearingdynamics.net/contactus.html

We can do the same for local dealers of other brands.

I'm all about it. I've just contacted Dimitri and also Dale at Aurisonics. Hopefully, both can make it. I'll also contact Beth. I've contacted a bunch of vendors that haven't been to NYC area meets and some seemed interested, but haven't fully committed. I'm sure in the end enough vendors and members will make an appearance to satisfy everyone's needs.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #35 of 317
Hello NYC Head-Fiers. Can't wait to meet you at the NYC meet!

If you want a tune up and a short road trip, make plans to attend the Philly Meet on Pctober 26th... just a few short weeks before the New York Show.

Details are here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/671458/philadelphia-area-meet-october-26th-2013

Looks like we'll have a nice turnout of members and vendors all showing a wide variety of cool gear! Come join us!

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #36 of 317
I'm in.

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #37 of 317
Hi, everyone. I've never been to such event, but I do have custom made DAC and PreAmp\Headphone Amp from LynxAudio (Russia). Also I do have Sennheiser HD 650 (headphones are not my main set up). So I can bring it in, if you want to experience something new.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #40 of 317
Usually people have bring their rigs (although not required) and then set it up on the tables that are there. Other people do the same so you can try out various rigs. Vendors come as well so you can always talk to them about their products and such and sometimes they even offer things up for sale but that is not always the case. Also for NYC meets there's an auction an hour or two before the meet ends to help pay for the room. There were some great deals in the last meet a few months ago where you can grab some good gear for fairly cheap. Basically it's a good place to meet the people behind the usernames and also a good chance to try out various types of gear (although conditions are not the best since it can get loud) you may not have had the chance to before.

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #41 of 317
Should we start a social group for the NYC peoples to be in so that we all can get informed about meets and events in the NY area? it could be better than potentially missing this thread and others in the future

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #43 of 317
@preproman There are 2 rooms set aside... Salon A and B which adjoin each other. The reservations were made a few months ago. Should I add you to the list?

Please let me know if you're in or not so I can add you to the list. If its a "maybe" say so and I'll still add you to the list.

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #44 of 317
I'm thinking I should be able to come. So Expect to see me there, with my RWAK100 and possibly my Sennheiser HD598's for people to take a listen to. Please let me know if anyone is interested in listening to them as that will be a factor in whether or not I bring them.

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #45 of 317
Quote:
@preproman There are 2 rooms set aside... Salon A and B which adjoin each other. The reservations were made a few months ago. Should I add you to the list?

Please let me know if you're in or not so I can add you to the list. If its a "maybe" say so and I'll still add you to the list.

I means rooms to spend the night in
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back