Official NY Meet Sat June 18
Apr 11, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #31 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
you know what, my bro is going to be home for summer vacation, so we might accually come.. but i dont have any new cans since the last meet
eek.gif

So you can scout out the next pair you want to buy.

Apr 11, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #32 of 389
yeah after the last meet i was about to get my 1st amp and good cans, but it never happened coz i wanted a new comp so badly. now i am getting speakers before my next headphone upgrade. i think i am the only member here that doesnt have an amp after being on head-fi for over half a year.

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #34 of 389
count me in too - if something pops up ill let folks know!
another good chance to dump unwanted CDs on the unsuspecting populace...too bad someone already took my "Dogstar" CD!

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #35 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
...too bad someone already took my "Dogstar" CD!

I think you really meant to keep that CD and it got mixed up in the giveaway pile accidently.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #36 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I think you really meant to keep that CD and it got mixed up in the giveaway pile accidently.

I admit, I am Jonesing for some Keanu right about now.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #37 of 389
I'm a tentative yes. It'll take 2 hrs each way so i'll see if i can get a ride in and out since i'd like to bring my cd-25 with my he60/hev70.

EDIT: Make that a No, i'll be at a Judas priest concert that night at the Tweeter center.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #38 of 389
*IDEA: I've been thinking about a silent auction for donated items at meets. Basically, we would setup a couple of tables with donated items on display, with a bid sheet next to each one. Items don't need to be expensive. I have some small things that might be of use to others, that I'd be happy to donate, such a headphone stands, interconnects, power supplies, etc. Other attendees could bring similiar items.

Proceeds would go toward the price of the venue, and any overages can be donated to Head-Fi.

Whadayall think? Good idea, or too cumbersome?

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #39 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
*IDEA: I've been thinking about a silent auction for donated items at meets. Basically, we would setup a couple of tables with donated items on display, with a bid sheet next to each one. Items don't need to be expensive. I have some small things that might be of use to others, that I'd be happy to donate, such a headphone stands, interconnects, power supplies, etc. Other attendees could bring similiar items.

Proceeds would go toward the price of the venue, and any overages can be donated to Head-Fi.

That is a great idea which may come in handy for the Florida meet if we end up renting a place.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #40 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg

I think it's a great idea. We thought about something like this for the November meet but we thought of doing a raffle. A silent action is much better and can almost run itself. We also didn't think of asking the attendees to donate things, which makes it a lot easier than trying to get donations or discounts from vendors.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #41 of 389
with the bigger space, i bet a layout for a silent auction like that would work! Personally I know I have a firewire cable I can donate that I thought I would use with my ipod, but never have. Also, it couldn't hurt to ask if any manufacturers wouldn't mind tossing a few freebies our way to be auctioned off. I bet that ugly yellow Porta Corda III prototype case would sell for something!
280smile.gif

Oh and another thing - this meet is probably going to be pretty big so - can we wear nametags? Of at least our usernames? Last time I kept having to say "Hi, I'm 'Jahn' but I'm not 'John' I'm 'James' nice to meet you!"

Apr 11, 2005 at 9:24 PM Post #43 of 389
yeah i think name tags are a must this time.

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #45 of 389
......and why dont all of us come in white scientist robes wearing glasses and only use big words that no one understands......

/sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back