Official NY Meet Sat June 18
Apr 11, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I'd "Chow"-down, on the east side, with the gang. We could have a pu-pu platter, but instead of shrimp toast, we could have portables on the lazy susan , and spin it around so each person can try multiple taste sensations.

immtbiker --

One day in the future, we WILL make a visit to Mr Chow... But...
There is one problem: it costs about $100 a person (with tax and tip)...
And that is WITH a discount!
eek.gif
But the food is out of this world!

10 course (12, if you are man enough) of family style, pan-American/Italian/Chinese fusion!
They treat you like kings and queens (I have to be politically correct for mjg) at all times.

Their Chicken Satay, Gambe, Squab, Crispy Beef, Chicken Joanna and Peking Duck... Oh my!

I was just kidding around about going, but if you are interested... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
biggrin.gif

BANGPOD

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #19 of 389
Now, normally I'd say "$100/person...are you nuts?", but then I'd have no defense to people that say I'm nuts for spending the money that I do, on Hi-Fi. To each his own...kumquats await.

My audio equipment must have MSG in it, because I want to listen to music, again, an hour later.
icon10.gif
(Damn, I'm funny).

Apr 11, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 389
Here I come......I am leaving tonight and should make it there in time for the meet. Tom...you understand, the LIE!!!!!
Bringing Omega 2, Senn 650s, Lamdas Pros, Radii Hap-03ll,
Stax SRM 1 mark2 and the super rare ED1 far field Stax diffuser. Some cool power cords and yes....some single malt scotch...
I am now on exit 29
Hope I get there on time...
Dan

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #22 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I think bozebuttons said there is plenty of room so there is no cap on attendance. Heck, bring the kids!

The room can hold 70 people ,so anyone who wants to come is welcome.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #23 of 389
I'm most definitely planning to come but cannot say with 100% certainty at this time. Do count me in as a tentative "yes" and I'll update this spot when my plans are firm. Thanks for putting it together again, Tom.

Aaron, I'll be looking forward to seeing you and 'Brownie Girl' again!
cool.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I may be there as well. I should know in the next few days to a week. Hey Wayne, don't forget to stop by Florida first.
biggrin.gif

Ya, I was thinking, June 4th - June 18th, I could do a US-wide head-fi tour, if only something else was going on. Hummmm... is there anything else to do in the US these days? I mean, besides head-fi meets, that is.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #26 of 389
Looks like fun...it'll be my first Head-Fi meet and chance to meet fellow forum members and check out other equipment.

Apr 11, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #27 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ya, I was thinking, June 4th - June 18th, I could do a US-wide head-fi tour, if only something else was going on. Hummmm... is there anything else to do in the US these days? I mean, besides head-fi meets, that is.

You could always stop by the Qualia store, and kill some time. Manhattan's beautiful in June. The dog and horse sh-t doesn't get baked yet.

You could see the Plaza, before they close it, too.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #28 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

You could go to the opening rounds (June 16-17) of the U.S. Open if you're into golf. It's being held at Pinehurst this year.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #29 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
You could go to the opening rounds (June 16-17) of the U.S. Open if you're into golf. It's being held at Pinehurst this year.

I was thinking something more like Vegas, but don't want to sidetrack this thread. I'm just happy the NYC meet is in June, and not May!

Apr 11, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #30 of 389
you know what, my bro is going to be home for summer vacation, so we might accually come.. but i dont have any new cans since the last meet
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back