Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014 [UPDATED 9/19/2014]
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #91 of 131
I would love to attend. Please add me to the list!

I've been focusing on my head-fi lately. Just bought a pair of Grado PS 500's and Beyerdynamic  DT 880 600 ohm. I will also bring my LCD-2.1 and Burson HA 160D amp to run off of my laptop. My portable system consists of Toshiba laptop with Nuforce Udac2 + Grado's. I also have a pair of Fischer Audio FA-003 Wood that are pretty rare but they are up north and I probably won't have them with me.

Does anyone out there have a Bottlehead Crack or Schiit Lyr that they could bring?  Perhaps someone can also tempt me to upgrade to the T-1's

Note: Denon cans in the photo are long gone!

Sorry, I didn't answer your question about the Bottlehead Crack and Lyr. Neither are anticipated at the meet unless someone's situation changes. I'm bringing Mjolnir if your looking for power.

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #92 of 131
Hi everyone,

Looks like many of you are very excited about the upcoming meet 1 week from today...as am I!

Just wanted to post some housekeeping notes as the meet nears:

1. Sources - THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC SOURCES PROVIDED AT THE MEET - Sorry for the "all caps" post. It's just critical to bring a source for your gear or else it's pretty much unusable at the meet for the other attendees to enjoy. There may be public internet available. We'll know the day of the meet.

2. Electrical Strips - I was fortunate enough to see the site a few weeks back and meet the gracious Audio Guy. Dan provided a nice tour of the facility for me. While there are plenty of outlets at the site, you will want to bring appropriate electrical strips and such as some of the spots Audio Guy and I identified are some distance from the nearest outlet.

3. Plugging Into Other People's Gear - I've been thinking about this one for a while. I've heard from many of you that you want to try other people's gear with your phones, etc. I just ask that everyone be respectful of each person's equipment and ask before modifying a person's set-up. I'm open to anyone else's thoughts on this prior to the meet.

4. Jude's Attendance at the Meet - I've been asked numerous times by nearly everyone attending the meet if Head-Fi founder Jude will be attending. As you know, Head-Fi is an international site based in SE Michigan. Jude has commitments within as well as outside the community frequently (he's a family man as well). Last week, Jude was gracious enough to personally respond to my invitation to attend the meet. Unfortunately, he has a commitment that he cannot get out of and will be unable to attend. He said that he is very disappointed that he cannot make it as he loves going to meets, especially local ones. Depending on how our meet goes, I am already in the planning phases of a winter meet...more to come. 

That's about it for now. For any other questions, please see the first post of this thread. As always, feel free to PM me if you have anything specific.

Look forward to seeing everyone next Saturday!

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #93 of 131
Looks like I am finally in for the meet up next Saturday. I will be bringing the following:

Custom PC
ASUS STX card and amp
Senn HD650
IPhone 5s
Shure SE215
Shure SE535

Obviously I am just staring my journey down the rabbit hole, but I am very curious to see what differences a dedicated dac and amp can make to the HD650's and SE535's. They sound great to me, but then again, I haven't heard them from different sources other than my own.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #94 of 131
Wow... How could I have MISSED this?  Just in my back yard of Ann Arbor!

Is there still space?  While I have over 33 pairs of headphones and IEMs, I would concentrate on the Grado line, bringing...

SR60
SR125
SR225
SR325
PS500
RS1i.

I'd bring a couple of iPods and the Sony PHA-1 DAC/amp that directly decodes the digital from the iPod Lightening connector.

Please let me know if space/interest permit...  I'd be interested in trying the Audeze LCD-2 mentioned above, as I am considering the purchase of one as a replacement for a HiFiMAN HE-500 I traded away.

To whet your appetite, I present...

A Gaggle of Grados (SR60, 125, 225, 325, PS500, and RS1i)

If anything else in my profile looks interesting, just ask!

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #97 of 131
  Wow... How could I have MISSED this?  Just in my back yard of Ann Arbor!

Is there still space?  While I have over 33 pairs of headphones and IEMs, I would concentrate on the Grado line, bringing...

SR60
SR125
SR225
SR325
PS500
RS1i.

I'd bring a couple of iPods and the Sony PHA-1 DAC/amp that directly decodes the digital from the iPod Lightening connector.

Please let me know if space/interest permit...  I'd be interested in trying the Audeze LCD-2 mentioned above, as I am considering the purchase of one as a replacement for a HiFiMAN HE-500 I traded away.

To whet your appetite, I present...

A Gaggle of Grados (SR60, 125, 225, 325, PS500, and RS1i)

If anything else in my profile looks interesting, just ask!

Sweet Gear. I just PM'd you. You're in!

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #98 of 131
Is it too late to register? I might not be able to make it, but if I can, do I have to register before hand or can it be at the door? I live in Grand Rapids and might not be able to drive over there.

P.S. I am pretty new to all this and have Grado SR325e and Klipsch R6i.

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #99 of 131
I'll register you. Hopefully you can make it. Try to let me know when you know for sure. Also, can you tell me what gear you plan on bringing?

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #100 of 131
Crap, I just found out about this (I don't visit this forum too much cuz it makes me want to spend too much $$$)... I want to go but I work 3rds and I'm getting to bed about the time this starts. :/

I know it's way soon but if you guys are interested in a 2015 meet I have access to a 56' x 25' 1400 sq ft meeting room with free public wifi at a nice hotel in Jackson. PM when/if interested.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #102 of 131
To all of you,

I wish you a great meet. For the record, went to UM, Ann Arbor and a huge fan of anything Michigan. Work has brought me back to the land where I was born so its my misfortune not to be there. 

Cheers

Koth

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #103 of 131
To all of you,

I wish you a great meet. For the record, went to UM, Ann Arbor and a huge fan of anything Michigan. Work has brought me back to the land where I was born so its my misfortune not to be there. 

Cheers

Koth

Just send your headphones! We'll burn them in for you! :D

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #104 of 131
  Crap, I just found out about this (I don't visit this forum too much cuz it makes me want to spend too much $$$)... I want to go but I work 3rds and I'm getting to bed about the time this starts. :/

I know it's way soon but if you guys are interested in a 2015 meet I have access to a 56' x 25' 1400 sq ft meeting room with free public wifi at a nice hotel in Jackson. PM when/if interested.

Too bad...I am already thinking about a winter meet after the first of the year...more to come.

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #105 of 131
  Hey I work third and I'm going! Ha 

cCasper TFG-I have to say that I have been bumping into your DIY work all over the place, particularly your cable work. I can't wait to pick your brain about some of the projects you did. They all look fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back