Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014 [UPDATED 9/19/2014]
Aug 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #76 of 131
Ok, so here's the deal on the requests I've had for the t-shirt. This information can also be found in the first post of the thread.

T-Shirts Available:

Thanks to warrenpchi for the idea to do a t-shirt to remember the occasion. I have setup a store on Spreadshirt where the t-shirt I designed for the meet can be individually purchased. Be the envy of all your friends (maybe not). Shirts are only $15.40 plus $4.50 shipping. Here's the link: 

http://detroitheadfi.spreadshirt.com/customize/noCache/1

There are still a few spots open for the meet if anyone is interested.

Hope to see you there!

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #77 of 131
Has anyone who's coming to the meet done any custom, DIY work with cables? I just ordered a pair of AKG K702 but have a balanced-only amp (Mjolnir). I found a thread on modding the K702 to make them balanced but I've never done anything like soldering, modding etc.

Please post here or feel free to PM me. Thanks.

I just did a custom recable of my Monoprice 8320s. You can see pics Here or Here. I have a decent proficiency at soldering.  What mod did you exactly want done?

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #78 of 131
I modded the AKG 702s. I finished it yesterday. I'm interested in seeing your IEM job at the meet.

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #82 of 131
  That looks great! very clean. It looks like it should have been made that way from the start

Thanks. I think it turned out pretty well also. I want to tackle my CIEMS next.

I used tech flex on the cable to give it that silver look.

I'll have them at the meet in 3 weeks!

Sep 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #84 of 131
I was thinking about using the same stuff to reduce the microphonics on my IEMs. I can't wait to check em out!

I get some microphonics with the TechFlex on the K702, particularly the closer to the headphone I get. On my HE-500 re cable, I have TechFlex below the Y-split and paracord above the spilt. Little to no microphonics with that scheme.

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #85 of 131
You can scratch the ES10 off the list of headphones that will be coming. 

I'll be bringing my

1. DT990 250 ohm
  2. Denon AH-D2000
  3. Takstar Hi-2050 (MODDED; Audio Technica AD2000 drivers, Memory Foam HM5 pleather pads, DIY grill, paint job, detachable cable)

D2K

ModStar

I'll see if I can get a T50RP that I modded to come as well. Don't list that, it's a 50/50 chance it'll come.

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #86 of 131
You can scratch the ES10 off the list of headphones that will be coming. 

I'll be bringing my

• DT990 250 ohm
  • Denon AH-D2000
  • Takstar Hi-2050 (MODDED; Audio Technica AD2000 drivers, Memory Foam HM5 pleather pads, DIY grill, paint job, detachable cable)

D2K

ModStar

I'll see if I can get a T50RP that I modded to come as well. Don't list that, it's a 50/50 chance it'll come.

Will do. Look forward to meeting you. I think it's going to be a very cool day. Don't forget, you will want to bring an electrical strip and source as well. There are plenty of outlets, tough, at the facility.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #88 of 131

Hey Head-Fiers,

Less than two weeks until the 2014 Meet...

I've been listening to Jack White pretty extensively lately. Paying homage to The White Stripes' classic "Hotel Yorba" as seen from I-75 in southwest Detroit, I created this art for the meet.

Little known fact...the single version of the song was actually recorded in room 206 of the now defunct hotel.

Enjoy anad can't wait to see everyone on 9/20!

Brian
zabzaf

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #89 of 131
I would love to attend. Please add me to the list!

I've been focusing on my head-fi lately. Just bought a pair of Grado PS 500's and Beyerdynamic  DT 880 600 ohm. I will also bring my LCD-2.1 and Burson HA 160D amp to run off of my laptop. My portable system consists of Toshiba laptop with Nuforce Udac2 + Grado's. I also have a pair of Fischer Audio FA-003 Wood that are pretty rare but they are up north and I probably won't have them with me.

Does anyone out there have a Bottlehead Crack or Schiit Lyr that they could bring?  Perhaps someone can also tempt me to upgrade to the T-1's

Note: Denon cans in the photo are long gone!

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #90 of 131
I would love to attend. Please add me to the list!

I've been focusing on my head-fi lately. Just bought a pair of Grado PS 500's and Beyerdynamic  DT 880 600 ohm. I will also bring my LCD-2.1 and Burson HA 160D amp to run off of my laptop. My portable system consists of Toshiba laptop with Nuforce Udac2 + Grado's. I also have a pair of Fischer Audio FA-003 Wood that are pretty rare but they are up north and I probably won't have them with me.

Does anyone out there have a Bottlehead Crack or Schiit Lyr that they could bring?  Perhaps someone can also tempt me to upgrade to the T-1's

Note: Denon cans in the photo are long gone!

That's great that you can join us. It's shaping up to be a fantastic meet! All the details as to location, sources, hours, etc. are in the first post of the thread.

I'll add you to the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back