official iriver imp-550 thread
Jul 25, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #182 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
and the sony sound quality probably sucks.

Ignorance at it's best.

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:48 PM Post #184 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
it didn't even say how powerfull the out was... and it is a new one.

Not all new ones suck. Of course the very old ones are the best sounding, but some new ones are pretty good, according to other people who have heard them.

Jul 25, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #186 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Oh the irony.

My thoughts exactly.

Jul 25, 2003 at 10:13 PM Post #188 of 223
Dunno if anyone's interested, but I just put in an order for the IMP-550 over at http://www.compuplus.com . They have it for only $148, downside is that shipping is $14.95. Upside is that it's 1-2 day shipping. Or maybe that's a down-up side. Upside-down?
(http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....k=searchViewed)

But that's still pretty good for $163 shipped.

Side note: for some reason the price keeps on fluctuating, kinda like the stock market. Lowest I saw was 146, went up to 169, went down to 159, then 152, then 148.

Jul 26, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #189 of 223
Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic but...

If anyone here has ever ordered from audiocubes before (sohai, I know you have!) how long did it take for your order to go from the status of 'processing' to when it actually got shipped? I got an email a few days ago saying that the status of my order was updated to 'processing' whatever that means, and I can't wait for it to ship so I can get it soon!

I need this waiting to be over with...

- Lauren-Eve

Jul 26, 2003 at 4:38 AM Post #190 of 223
hi LaurenEve, i don't think u'll want to hear my experience at audiocubes...
tongue.gif

i didn't get any more news after the first email... that's after about a week b4 i sent another email to them... and another one week nothing happened... then i emailed again... and after that only i received an email about the inavailability of the silver model... after all these things, i received the player after 3 days once i received the email about the unit shipped out...
wink.gif

FYI, audiocubes replied all the emails i've sent them... so i guess that's just 'cos the inavailability of the silver unit... i insisted on the silver unit when i ordered on the web... so i think it's not really their fault, it just the inavailability of the silver unit at the first...

LaurenEve, how long have u received the first email? i suggest u email them again... just to let them know u're waiting....
biggrin.gif

600smile.gif

Jul 26, 2003 at 5:36 AM Post #191 of 223
thanks, sohai!

You're right though, that is not very encouraging news...
frown.gif

I have already emailed audio cubes about a MILLION times about various things so I'm a little reluctant to email them again. They have always been very prompt with their responses but I feel dumb emailing them AGAIN. However, I think I will.

I really hope that I don't run into the same problem with the silver model as you did. You never did end up getting the silver model, did you? I thought that it wouldn't be a problem because I know that when you ordered it, it said that the silver was backordered until July 5th but now it says that it ships within 1-3 days or something. I would be quite angry if I couldn't get the silver model, since I could have ordered the black one for much cheaper from iriver.com

I'm going to email them now and make sure everything is ok with my order. It hasn't been that long since I received the 'processing' email, only a few days, but still, now I'm worried.

Thanks for the advice!

- Lauren-Eve

Jul 26, 2003 at 11:38 AM Post #192 of 223
I'm sorry I haven't read the whole thread but I'd like to ask are there different versios of imp-550 in Europe, Asian and US? I live in Europe and I've noticed that the prices are here much higher than in US (I don't know about the Asian situation). Mainly I'm worried about the charger because the voltage is higher here as you know.

Jul 26, 2003 at 11:50 AM Post #193 of 223
hi LaurenEve, i'm sure u can insist on the silver unit and if worse comes to worse, u can cancelled the order and i don't think they will charge u a single cent 'cos it's not ur fault but theirs... anyway, good luck and hope u'll get the silver unit ASAP...

hi mutias, the adapter will accept voltage range from 110~240V, so u can use it anywhere in the world... it's just the plug is different and all u need is just the plug converter... besides the adapter issue, i think u should also consider the customer service, so that in case u need to claim warranty (touch wood...
tongue.gif
)...

Jul 26, 2003 at 12:19 PM Post #194 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by [so]hai®
hi mutias, the adapter will accept voltage range from 110~240V, so u can use it anywhere in the world... it's just the plug is different and all u need is just the plug converter... besides the adapter issue, i think u should also consider the customer service, so that in case u need to claim warranty (touch wood...
tongue.gif
)...

It sounds like you haven't tried to change the voltage. Btw, do you know is there only one imp-550 model? (you don't ever know if the version is the same all around the world. or do you?
rolleyes.gif
) Where have you bought your imp-550?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back