official iriver imp-550 thread
Jul 26, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #196 of 223
Quote:

It sounds like you haven't tried to change the voltage.

FYI, my 550 is japanese version... and as far as i know, Japan uses 110V and now i'm in Malaysia (240V), so i'm pretty sure u can use the adaptor anywhere in the world... i've also posted an image about the adaptor voltage rating in this thread, just look back to earlier pages....

Quote:

Is there any diffrence in sound quality between the slimx 350 and 500.?

Hi andrew3199, do u mean 550 or 500? Merton has had both and according to him, 550 sounds better than 350...

600smile.gif

Jul 28, 2003 at 4:55 AM Post #197 of 223
grrr...

so frusterating. I heard back from audiocubes and they told me that there was a 'miscommunication between them and the warehouse' and now they say that they won't be receiving the silver unit until around August 10th. That is so frusterating.

They offered either to send me a black unit, a refund, or to wait for the silver unit. I told them that I wanted to wait for the silver unit, but I am concerned that it will be delayed again and that I will end up waiting forever for my player!

Oh, I just got another email from audiocubes while I was writing this post. They said that they are going to double check with the warehouse about the date of the silver model release. They also asked if they could give me a 5 dollar credit onto my credit card for my inconvenience. I guess that was nice, but I don't have a credit card! (I paid for it with money order.)

- Lauren-Eve

Jul 28, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #198 of 223
hi LaurenEve, sorry to hear about that...
frown.gif

anyway, since u don't have credit card, i would suggest u to ask them for few Mitsubishi Vinyl Audio CD-Rs... u will amaze by the quality and the look of the CD-Rs... trust me...
wink.gif

600smile.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #201 of 223
heh, I got 2 for free from audiocubes and I'd have to say they're cool alright, I've got the red and green ones, but I haven't used them yet (saving till I get some good classical stuff)...they're really cool, I think they're the same as the verbatim ones, but say "mitsubishi" on it instead
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #206 of 223
Every time I see somebody with an ipod I get jealous and am like to myself...."DAMN that looks so friggin COOL on him/her". I am wondering if the 550 even comes close to these looks, especially the fashionable remote since that's what's going to be the most visible (I expect to have the player in my pocket...and by the end of summer). Are there any pics of people pimpin it? I need to see it on somebody. If not someone should post some.

Yes, it's sad that I care, but I do. "because we are living in a material world and I'm a material girl" -madonna? (i'm a guy though and straight, just care about looks and don't act like u don't).

ps: i care about the 550's sound/build quality OVER it's style (honest), but impressing your buds and the opposite sex is just so worth it.

the brag of the year:
"LOOK AT ME I HAVE AN IRIVER SLIMX IMP-550...I AM THE COOLEST MOFO ON THE BLOCK!" -
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #207 of 223
Quote:

Originally posted by LaurenEve
thanks, sohai!

You're right though, that is not very encouraging news...
frown.gif

I have already emailed audio cubes about a MILLION times about various things so I'm a little reluctant to email them again. They have always been very prompt with their responses but I feel dumb emailing them AGAIN.

- Lauren-Eve

heh.. don't worry.. they wont get mad.. i keep e-mailing grado (which i have now stopped) pad ideas and he just say ... we have not interest... please do not send any more memo's blah blah blah.... hahhaha.. nothing ot worry about.

Aug 8, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #209 of 223
I finally got my player today!

First impressions, I am very happy with it. I took it out of the box and I was immediately struck by how beautiful it looked. (I got the silver model.) It's so tiny too! Feels significantly smaller than the 350 I used to have.

The leather case is also a really nice touch. Mine is the greyish coloured one, different from the brown one that SoHai got. They both look nice though.

After listening to it, it sounds great! I have only used the stock headphones so far which I think are the sennheiser MX300s, but it sounds really great. I can't notice any of the hiss that was slightly present with the 350.

I'm worried about removing the sticker on the player, though. I've heard to use goo gone, but I'm not sure. I don't want to have a sticky residue on the beautiful finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back