Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-)
Dec 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #196 of 421
Go look here for a general estimate for the prices. Most shops in HK give a discount for their goods though, keep that in mind.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #197 of 421
BIAB,thanks for that.

So I made my way around to visit DMA and Let's Go, in Wan Chai since I was in the area. This was my first time ever listening to the HD800. Very pleasant experience. Then after lunch, I made my way to Mong Kok.

First stop was King sound but unfortunately they did not have any demos of the three HPs that I wanted to try. But the guy got me to try the T5p and I thought it was not bad but not good enough to add to the mix.

Second stop was Jaben just because I happened to walk right by it when I was looking for DMA. Tried the TH600 and the HD800 on the Graham Slee SUL.

Third stop was DMA in SIM City but I didn't stay there because I found out that the Nathan Road store was their flagship store so I quickly went there instead. Got into the elevator to go to the 21st floor. I had my Note2 - El8 - Ed8LE with me and there was another guy in the elevator checking it out. We did a little chatting and then when we both got out of the elevator, he said "going for an upgrade?" I said that I wanted to try the HD800 and he said "sure, just follow me". He turned out to be the Assistant Shop Manager, Stanley. Very nice and friendly guy. To make it short, I couldn't make up my mind although I am leaning towards the HD800. I'll be going back again soon. :)

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #198 of 421
  Well there's one place that sells used portable amps, located in Mongkok, one station from TST, check ''好景商場'' on google map!
go to the first floor then go around and you will see some few stores selling second-hand goodies.

As for diy parts you could look for ''旺角德發商場'' on google map, a underground area where quite a few audio stores are located. There's also a shop near Jaben HK (upstairs). Another good store is ‘’AKIHABARA Electronic Centre‘’ at 20/f, ''中僑商業大廈''

http://www.goupmall.com/shop/akihabara<----

you could also go to  ''旺角添置商業中心'' which is right facing PakPoLee bldg., all floors on the building are selling audio gears, but not much are selling diy parts
biggrin.gif

disclaimer i am not affliated with any of these stores and there are much more good spots that I can't include here
wink.gif
 and imo, go to the Akihabara store first! 
redface.gif

Does anyone know if these places still operate?

I'll be going to Jaben and DMA (in Mong Kok) tomorrow to demo some of their equipment but I wouldn't mind dropping by these places first. DMA doesn't open until 1pm.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #200 of 421
I was just there. I saw two stores selling used portable amps. Were there more before?

I'm at Jaben now trying out the Dark voice 3322.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #202 of 421
Well.... my wife did mention that she wants to go to Japan for a vacation. :wink: But that will have to wait a little now that I am making this current purchase.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #203 of 421
I'm sitting here in DMA waiting for the HD800 to be delivered to this store from their other store. I want to go back and try them with the Line Magnetic equipment but it's getting late and the family will be home from their day at Disney land. I should have known that I wouldn't be able to get home before them. :/

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #204 of 421
I'm sitting here in DMA waiting for the HD800 to be delivered to this store from their other store. I want to go back and try them with the Line Magnetic equipment but it's getting late and the family will be home from their day at Disney land. I should have known that I wouldn't be able to get home before them. :/

Enjoy the stay, and the cans 
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #208 of 421

Another one located in HK bumped into the thread! 
biggrin.gif

Should really do a meet this year, should we?

I say why not, during the holidays maybe.

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #210 of 421

Should do.... will have collected a lot of poisonous items by that time ლ(`∀´ლ)  

I'm going at a relatively slow pace for an audiophile so I won't have that many gears 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back