Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread
May 31, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #271 of 3,817
I would never sell my lcd3; it has a unique goodness in many ways that I don't think could be duplicated anywhere else. It had solid, thick, fleshed-out images and vocals and really digs deep into the music. Both the classic and fazor are good in their own way and I could even recommend having both types if you are an Audeze nut, as they are that good to my ears. They both bring good things to the table. No matter how good some other phone is, I'll still need my regular dose of Audeze medicine.
By the way, are vocals specifically good on the HE1K? Currawong said vocals are as good as he ever heard on any phone (R10s, 009s), much better than the W3000ANV (actually a version of it), on the Ether (in the Ether thread).

May 31, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #272 of 3,817
  @kayandjohn, very informative initial impressions above! I especially appreciated the outline of your testing methodology. The direct 2-10 second comparison is often quite revealing of significant differences.

I was wondering if you used different 2-10 second portions for each different acoustic test. I would love to see the approximate time frames of the songs you used in each test, so I can try it out myself! Of course, I don't have the HD800 or PS1000, so I won't be ranking anything. Just thought your specific approach was very cool!

@money4me247 thanks for your kind words - as one who has written one of the BEST headphone reviews I have ever read, and done that for the HE1000, your saying that really means something.

For you (and anyone else}, I edited my tests posted above to include the time segments, in minute : second format, that I use for these tests.  Just the first 12 seconds of the first song is responsible for three of the 10 tests, for example, but I only listen for one thing at a time and further repeat the passage when I start listening for something else.  The edits are in the list of 10 acoustic tests and are put into [square brackets] at the end of each.

May 31, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #273 of 3,817
  By the way, are vocals specifically good on the HE1K? Currawong said vocals are as good as he ever heard on any phone (R10s, 009s), much better than the W3000ANV (actually a version of it), on the Ether (in the Ether thread).

Yes, vocals are especially good on this headphone (at least I think so). It not only gets the tonality right (just a bit of warmth to really make vocals come to life), but also makes vocals highly detailed and that huge dynamic range allows you to truly hear all the nuances in the voice.

May 31, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #274 of 3,817

@money4me247 thanks for your kind words - as one who has written one of the BEST headphone reviews I have ever read, and done that for the HE1000, your saying that really means something.

For you (and anyone else}, I edited my tests posted above to include the time segments, in minute : second format, that I use for these tests.  Just the first 12 seconds of the first song is responsible for three of the 10 tests, for example, but I only listen for one thing at a time and further repeat the passage when I start listening for something else.  The edits are in the list of 10 acoustic tests and are put into [square brackets] at the end of each.

I have to second what Money said and I'm very eager to hear what your thoughts are after you get some more time on the HE 1000's.

May 31, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #275 of 3,817
May 31, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #276 of 3,817
  At  T.H.E. Newport show, Genesis Advanced Technologies was using a  Viva Egoista + HE-1000 to demonstrate their new 15.000 € Music server "the Muse" !   

This should tell that the HE1000  and  the VIVA Egoista 845 must be offering a good pairing ? (The Egoista 845 produce 15 watts !)

Comments from GENESIS TECHNOLOGY on their Facebook page : " Amazing musicality, texture and resolution on the HiFiMan HE-1000, Viva Egoista and Genesis Muse."

AT $10,000, the Viva Egoista price is similar to the rumored price of the HIFIMAN EF-1000 amp.  IS $10,000 what was said at the show for the Viva?

May 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #277 of 3,817
My uncle finally stopped by for an extended listen to the HE1K and he wants me to keep them. He will pay for half and his wife thinks they are a gift. He gets to chill out at my house on weekends, and his wife can go to the new luxury mall. A match made in heaven, but perhaps not for his wallet lol.
On another not I feel the HE1K seemed to open up after a 100 hours. The bass is nice and tight and detailed, but does not ever bleed into the mids ( as should be expected for such hifi headphones), the mids are so textured, so detailed, yet so lush, so musical. The treble is highly xetailed and revealing, without being bright or fatiguing. The sound signature is very revolving and natural sounding. The soundstage is extremely holographic and seems infinitely large, it could almost fill a black whole.
The Yggdrasil and Ragnarock allow the HE1K to sing like a muses of old. I could hardly stop listening.
Although when my uncle was in listening to the HE1K's , I did get a round of frisbee gulf in.

May 31, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #278 of 3,817
Great picture sir, definitely audiophile eye candy :).

May 31, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #279 of 3,817
  At  T.H.E. Newport show, Genesis Advanced Technologies was using a  Viva Egoista + HE-1000 to demonstrate their new 15.000 € Music server "the Muse" !   

This should tell that the HE1000  and  the VIVA Egoista 845 must be offering a good pairing ? (The Egoista 845 produce 15 watts !)

Comments from GENESIS TECHNOLOGY on their Facebook page : " Amazing musicality, texture and resolution on the HiFiMan HE-1000, Viva Egoista and Genesis Muse."

Beautiful piece but I just cannot justify paying the same as my pair of McIntosh 600 watts monoblocks (MC-601).... 
eek.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 1, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #280 of 3,817
I just ordered these from Moon-Audio.com. Has anyone used these with a portable?

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #281 of 3,817
I just ordered these from Moon-Audio.com. Has anyone used these with a portable?

I tried it out of my iPhone 6 for Schiits & Giggles, it was basically the definition of weak sauce.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #282 of 3,817

I listened to the HE1000 (my beta version) with these DAPs (not limited to the mentioned):

AK Jr.
AK 240
AK 380
AK 380 with integrated AK amp
iPhone 6
PonoPlayer
Questyle QP1
Questyle QP1R

I will post impressions in the near future, also with the desktop DAC/amps that I have listened to it as well.

Please PM me if you (or anyone) would like my thoughts about how the HE1000 pairs with the aforementioned DAPs.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #283 of 3,817
[@]kayandjohn[/@]
Very interesting test, thank you. I'd add a few things (e.g. vocals test) but anyway, yours is the best HP test method I saw around here ... or anywhere else.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #284 of 3,817
  1. Upgrade to the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil.

You need to give yourself more options for amps and Dac's than that. Get a Garage 1217 Project Polaris and a geek out V2 or V2+, and you'll be set. That's pretty much what I'm gonna use for everything.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #285 of 3,817
Hopefully all this discussion and impressions leads to even further refinement and improvement on an already amazing product. It still is in the Beta stage after all right? (not alpha) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back