Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
Feb 19, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #121 of 173
I noticed tha Idle poweroff not works on this firmware. Why ? I stoped music, but Fiio X1 is turned all time on.

How much Power Fiio X1 consumes while music is paused and screen is off in comparison to when Fiio X1 is turned off ?

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #122 of 173
  Hi,
I propose to do  scroll wheel faster like in ipod classic. The faster you rotate the scroll wheel the faster you browse music lists. I mean that if we rotate the scroll wheel slowly then you use normal speed but when you  rotate it faster then it should be double speed and/or even triply speed

Yes, definitively there is the need of a solution for faster navigation. While the new "Long press option to search by letter" is a great improvement, there are still room for further improvements. Some suggestions:

1. Scrolling is faster when the scroll wheel is rotated faster (your solution)
2. Use prev/next buttons (during navigation in lists) to move "pages" (just like pg down/up in PCs), with support to auto-repeat.
3. Use prev/next buttons (during navigation in lists) to automatically open the "search by letter" (easier than long press the option menu).

Also, the current "search by letter" is a filter, so if I select letter "M", only items starting with M will be shown. I cannot use the scroll whell to scroll back to "L" items or forward to "N" without first cancelling the search operation. It would be a better implementation if the "search by letter" just jumps to the selected letter on the current list (without filtering).

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #124 of 173
Since I've culled a lot of my old MP3 collection to be replaced by at least 320kbps I don't have the largest library in the world anymore, maybe around 1000 tracks, but this alphanumerical search feature makes it a million times easier to navigate. Great work guys!

Feb 20, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #125 of 173
Can anyone tell me, how this sort works?!
I really don't Understand. By year? No. By alphabet? No. How?!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=810268EA5A2E9E79!313070&authkey=!AB5M-hUyMwSbkgA&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #126 of 173
  Since I've culled a lot of my old MP3 collection to be replaced by at least 320kbps I don't have the largest library in the world anymore, maybe around 1000 tracks, but this alphanumerical search feature makes it a million times easier to navigate. Great work guys!

How many people throw all their songs all into the root folder like this guy? (no offence intended) I cant stand messy folders...

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #127 of 173
How many people throw all their songs all into the root folder like this guy? (no offence intended) I cant stand messy folders...

Not sure how you got that I've got a messy library from my comment. Mine is all in folders: Genre > Artist > Album.

All I was saying that the search function improves navigation dramatically.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #128 of 173
Not sure how you got that I've got a messy library from my comment. Mine is all in folders: Genre > Artist > Album.

All I was saying that the search function improves navigation dramatically.

Sorry if i jumped to conclusions when i saw " a million times easier ".

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #129 of 173
  Can anyone tell me, how this sort works?!
I really don't Understand. By year? No. By alphabet? No. How?!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=810268EA5A2E9E79!313070&authkey=!AB5M-hUyMwSbkgA&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

I hadn't noticed about that until now. I really can't find the logic for the album's sorting, mine looks similarly random.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #130 of 173
Thanks for reply.
Some (sic!) albums also have random sort of tracks (and of course I have checked that this albums have correct track numbering).
I don't want to rename and number tracks and use file manager :frowning2:
I have fabulously perfect tagged library.

p.s. Sorry for my bad English...

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #131 of 173
Thanks for the firmware.

Would like to report a bug, not sure if it was reported anywhere:

Say, I am playing song #1 in the folder and decide to delete it while it is playing. As soon as I delete the song, instead of playing the next available song, which is #2, Fiio jumps to #3.

Tried several times, always would skip the song that comes straight after the one that is being deleted.

Looking forward to the fix. Thanks.

Tigran

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #135 of 173
  I confirm all that. Also with my Fiio X1 poweroff not works on this firmware (X1_FW1.61Beta)

ciao

I noticed this problem initially but fiddling with the settings (re-enable idle power off, change timer) seems to have fixed it. I have sleep timer disabled btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back